“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #8 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Horseheads, NY
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the resort for 2 nights, just because that's all the time we had, but in hindsight, I wish I'd planned better and spent more time here! The resort was wonderful, the room was very clean and the beds were outstanding! We had a kid suite and it was great to have a bed for everyone. The ocean view was appreciated by all of us and we enjoyed the beach and the pool. The beach rental guy right outside the resort was great, gave us a good price on a package of chairs and body boards. I would definitely come back to this resort and will recommend it to others. It was convenient, safe, and clean. The facilities and staff were great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We hear that a lot. When our guest arrive they always wish they had more time. I am very glad that you had such a memorable stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. This helps them make a better informed decision on where to stay. On your next visit I am sure you will make sure you extend your stay and we would love for you to come back again real soon.

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we stayed here as part of a discounted vacation package we had won and it wasn't a bad place. The rooms look they have renovated recently, and 90% of the hotel is ocean view, or partial oceanview.

The staff were pretty friendly but I didn't have much interaction with them. The resort is right on the south end of the beach and you can walk right out to the beach from the pool deck. Since the hotel is on the south end of the beach, it is a bit of a hike to the pier area of Daytona, so we had to drive.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food.
Keep in mind that Daytona is very dated and some of the local characters are a bit rough. We did see people hanging out in the parking lot with staff members that gave off a bit of a sketchy vibe, but I never felt unsafe while there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay. I am glad that you had such a nice experience. For future reference we offer a trolley that stops right in front of our hotel and you can hop on that to get to the pier. We offer a quiet place while only being 1 mile from the core area. Our staff has designated locations to hang out so I will make sure to share this with our staff to voice your and mine concern. I am thrilled that your overall stay was most enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

H2O bar/restaurant was absolutely amazing. The food was phenomenal and the bartenders were fun individuals who worked VERY hard while still carrying smiles. The front desk staff was also amazing and the oceanfront view room was wonderful. It was a great end to a vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed our restaurant . It offers a great indoor and outdoor experience facing the ocean. I also see by your comments that our staff has also made a difference in your stay.. Thank you for sharing your stay for everyone to see when choosing a hotel.I will pass along your comments with our staff.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Daytona many times but have always been disappointed in the hotels. Well, not this time! The hotel is everything promised on the website and more. We stayed in the south tower and had a king oceanfront suite. The room was immaculate and had very pleasing decor. The bathroom had a spacious walk-in shower with plenty of room. It was a little slow getting hot water so turn it on a few minutes before you're ready. We loved the fire pits on the pool deck at night and the pool was very pretty with the changing lights. We didn't know it until the last day but pool towels can be obtained at the front desk. I never saw this posted anywhere.The beach is beautiful and you can rent chairs and umbrellas right in front of the hotel. My husband and I stayed and felt very relaxed but it looks like a great place for children with lots for them to do. I liked the idea that it is about 3-4 minutes from the boardwalk so we didn't have the crowds or traffic around us. It was very stress-free. The staff was quite friendly and helpful and always spoke to us in passing. This will be the only place we stay from now on when we return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am glad that we will be your only choice whenever your travels bring you to Daytona Beach. I will look into getting better signage for the towels thank you for your input. I am glad that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again real soon.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

There were so many great things about this hotel: First and foremost all staff had excellent customer service, which really carries a lot of weight in my book. Everyone from Moe at the front desk to the maids, they all carried a genuine smile and went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one.
I appreciated the updated modern clean room, and we took advantage of our ocean front balcony that has a great view up and down the beach. I am an IHG member, and therefore we received 2 free alcoholic beverages at the bar...it was a nice perk that we enjoyed before heading out to dinner.
If I were to give 1 critique, and it is minor: I would like to see them update the elevators as they ran quite slowly and the lights on the buttons were often not working.
Keep up the great work, we look forward to staying with you again next time we find ourselves in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am glad that you took advantage of all this property has to offer while visiting. We are proud of our award winning staff and I will share your comments with them about what a difference your stay was because of them. I will definitely look into the lights on the elevator and just so you are aware as many are not we offer three elevators and when you use the center one it is the busiest and because we are such a popular resort it does sometimes take a few extra moments which may seem long as you are in anticipation of getting to the beach and or pool deck. Just a tip for next time use the north or south elevators and it will get you there much quicker. Thank you again for your input and we will look forward to your next visit.
New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our experience started with Jennifer in sales who helped us book rooms for our whole group-4 rooms in total. In the past, with other hotels, this has been stressful, but this time it was a very smooth process.
As far as our stay, it was great! The resort is beautiful with easy access back and forth to the beach. The gated kids pool area was great for my 2 year old.
We had a suite with kitchen and living area which was great for a little extra room.
Everything was clean. We hope to return soon!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us. Jennifer is one of many award winning employee's here and I will pass on your positive comments to her as she always does a fantastic job. I am glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities at the resort. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.
Greenville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is the first time we have been to Daytona Beach and we were dreading the stay because we had just come off a very unpleasant stay in Fort Lauderdale. What a surprise, the hotel is clean, bright, stylish and the staff very personable and friendly and made us feel welcome and appreciated. Our room was amazing with a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool area is clean with nice seating areas and the beach front beautiful. We had supper in the H2O restaurant, the food was good, well presented and in a nice portion. We had a wonderful waitress Kelly who gave us excellent attentive service. It is one area of Florida we would actually like to return to. This property should be a model for all Holiday Inn Resorts.

Ed and Ginny Metzcar

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Your comment really means a lot to all of us at the Holiday Inn Resort and we appreciate your input especially about us being the model for all Holiday Inns. That is a huge compliment and I want to thank you for that. I will pass along your comments to Corporate and let them see that we are representing the Holiday Inn brand the way that they expect each and every hotel should be. We always want to never forget why it is we are here which is to take care of each and every guest. Without you we wouldn't be here.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!