“Staff super friendly! Awesome Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Staff super friendly! Awesome Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great experience in all areas! Will be staying again! Staff very hospitable and helpful! Rooms are very clean, modern and full of extra amenities. I will be sure to recommend Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Oceanfront to all of my family, friends, and to all reading my review!

• Stayed June 2013
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We appreciate you giving us such a nice rating and I am very happy that our staff made your stay most enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

OK, I have a ton to say, so here goes: I won a free trip to this hotel around Christmas time in a raffle at the hotel I worked at. Our son's birthday was June 9th, and we planned to go to Orlando to celebrate but didn't look forward to the 2.5 hour drive. We saved the trip for this purpose because Daytona is about half way to where we were going and we all needed the time away. We got to the hotel Friday, June 7th. After a very quick and easy check in, we were put into a room on the 4th floor which was where we requested to be. Our room was great, perfect for the three of us and we had a decent view of the beach. We did have a hiccup with our room, which out of respect I will not mention what it was, so I called down to the Front Desk and spoke with a very nice Guest Service Agent named John. He told me to come right down and he would move me. Keep in mind, we were already staying for free. So, I get down to the FD and John begins to apologize for the issue and has my room change ready. Not only did he move us, but he upgraded us to a suite with a full kitchen! Seeing as we were staying there all weekend, this was a nice change and very unnecessary but overly appreciated as it saved us even more money because we went grocery shopping rather than eating out or buying a $2 20oz drink every time we were thirsty. Not only did he upgrade us without hesitation, but he included 2 free breakfast vouchers for all of us and 2 drink coupons as well. He remembered me each time he saw me, calling me by my name and I thought that was awesome. John is the epitome of customer service. A lot of situations come up in hotels and he handled it perfectly without a missed beat. We are very thankful to him. That kind of personality and service oriented state of mind CANNOT be taught. He deserves to be acknowledged for an outstanding job. Because of him alone, we'll be back, spending our own money and time with this hotel. Now, on to the next wonderful step in our trip. Our son's bday was Sunday the 9th and we were checking out that morning to head to Orlando. At breakfast that morning, our waitress (who is also in charge of events and coordinating from what I gathered) made our son a card and had everyone she could find on duty that morning to sign it for him. She had no notice, but didn't want his bday to go unnoticed. I can't think of her name, and I am sorry for that, but she went above and beyond her call of duty. So we thank her. I visit many hotels and although some may be better than others, the customer service alone at this one has won me over.
The ONLY issues we had, which aren't even the hotels wrong doing, were the wait for the elevators (no matter which one we waited at) were awful and there were a lot of unsupervised children at the pool. With as many people in the pool, there's no way for the pool staff to keep track of what kids belong to what adults, there were wayyyyyy too many children without parents in ear/eye shot. One child proceeded to pull my son (who had to use a pool noodle) under water. As we were watching our son, we were having to watch everyone elses children around the area as well. It was frustrating. I don't know if there's anything that can be implemented there, but something needs to be fixed. I had to get onto children I didn't know and when asked where their parents were, they would say in the hotel or in the room or in the restaurant...that to me isn't right. So, again, not the hotel's fault, but maybe there needs to be some sort of "pool police" (ha ha) or something! Otherwise, the stay was perfect. The restaurant staff was amazing (my fave was Kelly) and John at the front desk was amazing. The beds were comfy and cozy, the room was clean, the shower had great pressure and didn't run out of hot water. The view we ended up with was amazing, we were moved to the 6th floor, room 613. Even being close to the elevators, it was quiet enough. Everything worked, everything was clean, and we will stay again and again and probably request this specific room number, if not higher and maybe more centered with the pool. Even the people that came in and played live music were great. All in all, perfect stay. Our son, who only turned 9 mind you, said "Thank you for bringing me here and doing this for me. I love it here!" So, you made his bday special by being exactly who you are. Thank you so so so much. 1st mini vacation in over a year and it was the best one we've ever had.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 13's and higher are on the better side of the building. the lower the number, the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for a very thourough review. We recognize all of our employee's as that is our culture here and not the exception. You will receive the customer sercvice you probably do not get just anywhere. I know it is always a hit or miss when I travel, but it is always a hit when you visit the Holiday Inn Resort. Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you and your family had an unforgettable time.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk manager Alexandria is the face and personality you want meeting you as a guest, she remembered us from the last time we stayed and remembered our preferences from our last visit over 2 months ago and made sure we got what we wanted. We've stayed at much more expensive hotels and received much less in the way of accommodations, view and hospitality. We will be back and definitely recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: rooms look like they were just remodeled, nicely done. 3rd to 6th floors have great views without...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
You are absolutely right you receive far superior service at far less pricing than staying at the high end 5 star rated properties. That is what you will receive here and we are very friendly and eager to make your stay very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing.
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We arrived yesterday from Disney World and I have to say "I was very impressed with the room and the view. If I would have known that Disney World was as close and easy to get to from here. I would have gladly stayed the ten days here and got a three day pass to Disney and drove. The moment we walked in the door was excellent customer service. Jamie, a young lady was there to greet us warmly with a smile. She upgraded our room for us to a beautiful Ocean front view with balcony overlooking ocean and beautiful pool. She told us where the nearest grocery store was and directions. Thank you Jamie! D.J. called our room to make sure everything was to our liking thank you. They have a wonderful staff. The room was nice and clean and very relaxing after ten days at Disney. Now this is a vacation. Next year will stay here and drive to Disney for a couple of days and will save a lot of money.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and excelent customer service. The pool is amazing and the view of the beach from room gorgeous. You can walk right from pool onto the beach amazing location. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will definetly be back and did I mention they have activities for kids also game room and work out room. I haven't tried the hotel restaurant/bar but will let you know. We also got complimentary drink vouchers for the bar. Excellent guys. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn and I am sure many will return.

Leslie from Ohio

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor and overlooking pool and ocean. Excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
This is what we love to hear have people stay here a little longer after going through all the long lines , traffic and very expensive in Orlando . Just come to our hotel everything is right here and very affordable for what you will get in return. A lifetime of great memories.
Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Holiday Inn Resort on Daytona Beach was wonderful. The front dest personnel were over and above. They were so friendly and helpful. They called at the room to make sure everything was ok, I thought that was so nice. The room was very clean and modern. The cleaning staff kept everything spotless. The pool area was very beautiful with a nice large kiddie pool and a jacuzzi. There were 2 firepits and nice lounge chairs along with plenty of chairs at the pool. Plenty of parking for the cars. There was a bar and restaurant onsite with indoor and outside dining by the pool. We had breakfast, lunch and drinks from the restaurant which was very good and reasonable. We enjoyed our stay and was very happy with Holiday Inn Resort and would recommend this hotel for those looking to have a clean comfortable place to stay right on the beach with amenities and a very friendly and helpful team.
Last but not least we would stay here again the next time we are in Daytona.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you had a very memorable stay. We work hard all day keeping the property clean and up to your standards. We offer many amenities at the property and it sounds like you enjoyed most of what we had to offer. I am very glad that you shared your review so others can see what a great properrty we have to offer.

Northen Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

So we booked this Hotel using Priceline's new Express Deals because all we were looking for was a place for the night. We were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. The room was comfortable and spacious enough to set up a pack and play for our 11.5 month old. There was direct access to the beach from the pool deck and our son enjoyed playing in the kids pool area that was safely fenced off from the main pool and had a great time splashing through the water. We enjoyed our experience so much that after talking with the wonderful reception staff about availability for another night they gladly let me know that as soon as I booked a second night to call them and the would be sure to save the room we were staying in so we did not have to switch. The staff made it a very welcoming experience and we would stay here again the next time we are in Daytona. Lastly, we were glad to have taken the opportunity to have breakfast outside watching the ocean at their H2O lounge which has very reasonable prices and options. We would recommend this hotel for those looking to have a comfortable place to stay right on the beach with amenities and a very friendly and helpful team.

• Stayed May 2013
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Well as you can see from all the comments the most consistant comment is the service and we are very proud of that. We also receive many comments on our amenities so we know we have what you are looking for so just come and stay here and you can't go wrong. Thank you for another great comment.
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Holiday Inn Resort on Daytona Beach was excellent. The room was everything you expect from a Holiday Inn. The front desk personnel were so friendly and helpful. They even called and made us dinner reservations at Aunt Catfish's (which was excellent place to eat by the way) I am platinum priority club member and they upgraded me to a beautiful oceanfront room with a kitchen. The beds were very comfortable with firm and soft pillow choices. Normally rooms at the beach are just so so but this property is very well kept up. I walked the stairs down to the beach everyday and even the stair wells were spotless and there was a guy painting inside the stairwell. The pool area was beautiful. The pool goes to 10 ft deep and there was a nice large kiddie pool and a jacuzzi. There were 2 firepits and nice lounge chairs. Plenty of chairs at the pool and lots of parking for the cars. There was a bar and restaurant onsite with indoor and outside dining by the pool. I did not eat or drink from the bar/restaurant so I can not comment on the food but it looked nice and lots of people were eating there. They have a small store in the lobby with pool toys, sunscreens etc. This property is the only place I would stay on Daytona Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Your comment says it all. Thank you very much and I am very happy that you had such a nice time. We create memories and it sounds like you have some that will last you a lifetime. You can't put a price on that.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!