“Best Stay in Daytona Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Stay in Daytona Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort for years and love it. We usually get a room with a kitchen over the pool oceanfront. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and have all the comforts needed for an awesome stay. We love to go across and sing karaoke at Captain Steamers across the street at night. The pool and fire pits make is a great adult weekend away with a group of friends.

Room Tip: We love room 221! Large room, easy to take the stairs instead of wait for the elevator, oceanfront...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
That says it all. The best place in Daytona!! I agree. Thank you for sharing.

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to H2O Daytona Bar and Grill for breakfast and I had the French Toast and Christy was my server. Not only was my food amazing the service I received from Christy was over and above what I was expecting. I am one of those people that are high maintenance when I go into a restaurant and I do not give out compliments very often but I had to let everyone know that this establishment has it together. The manager (Bill) was very outgoing and also was tending to customers needs. I suggest trying this place out you will not be sorry.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review. I am thrilled that we made your stay most memorable. I hope that you come back again soon to our little island of paradise.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent customer service from Jaime, Dawn, and Nicole! They were very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant experience. Updated rooms, nice bed linens, and great service make this a good value for a 3 star hotel that is right on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Very short and to the point. I like it. You really said it all with a very short paragraph and it makes me feel really good knowing our employees really made a difference. I will let them know. Thank you for letting us know.
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, large group (six rooms). The staff were awesome, all of them, specifically Nicole-John and DJ. The accommodations were excellent; clean rooms, beautiful pool and great access to the beach. I would recommend this property to anyone staying in Daytona.

Room Tip: Higher suites have the best Ocean View.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
When I hear a comment like yours it tells me that we have accomplished with you making long lasting memories and you can't put a price on that. I am so glad that we were a part of it and we are looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for sharing.
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

first hotel that i booked was a 3 and half star boy were they wrong when i got there the desk was closed door would not unlock room was dirty my kid and i wouldnt even sleep there so i called expedia was not happy they could not help me till the next day cause it was to late at night so my kid and i drove down daytona beach and looked at about 4 hotels and was not to happy at the dumpy hotels they have there for the price at around 1 am we found the next hotel which was holiday inn resort daytona beach man let me tell you it was the best stop of the night went in side and rolando was more than happy to help us he got us into a clean room and made sure we were happy this place was clean secure the maids were the excellent staff was real friendly even the maintenance workers were there with a smile would repeat will be my first choice

robert and brett fom ct

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Well thank you very much for that great rating. I am so glad that you feel that way. We have a lot to offer and we really set ourselves apart from all the other hotels. Come and see why we are the best resort in town. There are a few Ok hotels, but we are one of very few that can say we are a true resort. So at the very least look for properties that say resort after there name you will get much more value.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had booked this hotel based on the reviews of Trip Advisor. Realizing that this is a busy weekend, we did arrive early (approx 1pm) to check in. Our room was not ready because the folks who were in the room earlier had not left yet. They took our number and promised to put urgency into housekeeping. 2 hours later, after not hearing anything, we stopped again to find the former occupants of this room had finally left, but housekeeping had not cleaned it. I guess my question would be, on a busy weekend, why are these folks allowed to stay in the room after ck out time, inconveniencing those who would be checking in? To make matters worse, there were others allowed to check in while I was there. I went back in to cancel the room and was told that we would loose our money for the night. So now, Holiday Inn has our money, AND a vacancy that they can re-sell tonight. This hotel alone has done me in on staying at Holiday Inns. It's a shame too, because we had a great stay at both Lake Buena Vista and Pacifica, CA. Oh well, live and learn!

Stayed May 2013
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
You are absolutely right we had a busy weekends . We always run full on the weekends when the weather is nice. Hotel policy is that 11.00 check out and 4.00 check in. As stated you arrived early. We pre- assign all rooms based on request and priority club status as they are allowed a late check out up until two pm this is one of the many benefits of being a priority club member. We are allowed technically to check you in by 4.00 which we did. We do have a 72 hour cancellation policy that everyone can see prior to booking a room and that is because we run a business and hold your room in good faith while turning business away. I am very sorry that you could not get in earlier , some do based on when people check out as we can only clean so many rooms at a time, but I can asure you you will always get in by 4.00 when agreed at the time of your booking. I too booked a plane ticket tried to cancel and had to pay full price I knew that booking it so there was nothing I can do. You of course are always allowed to utilize the pool deck while waiting and we always try to get you in as quick as possible it is always our job to get you in as quick as possible as there would be no reason to want you to have to wait unnecessarily. I apologize for the confusion. We did everythng that we promised to do.
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is an older building - so the external doors are a little "old school". The staff more than makes up for the structure limitations. My platinum priority club status got me a suite upgrade which was a super nice room with a nice door-less shower and balcony over the bar area. 2 free drinks were also provided - a very nice touch. Parking was plentiful and easy. The pool area is great in the evening - nice live music at the bar, a couple of fire pits, comfortable lounge furniture made for a relaxing wind down. This management has the hospitality business figured out! There is a very good kids pool - so if you have small children, this place is great. I had a small issue with a balcony door lock not functioning - maintenance was there is about 2 minutes and repaired in 3! The air conditioner was excellent.
If you are looking for a Daytona Beach hotel - this is the place. The staff deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I don't believe it matters what kind of hotel you have of course it must be clean and offer many amenities, but the most important thing is how well you are welcomed and treated during your stay to help make the most memorable experience possible. I am glad that we have accomplished that for you and that is one of the many things that seperate us from all other hotels. We get it and understand true hospitality.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!