“One of the best looking hotels on the strip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #8 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin
“One of the best looking hotels on the strip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went for a graduation and this hotel had the best reviews and looked the best. While it was a little bit more price wise i would say it was well worth it.Let me start of with saying Daytona is kind of a dump to begin with. Maybe i've been spoiled with the Outer Banks, Miami Beach and Clearwater. On another note. This hotel had a great location. it was always clean and the staff was friendly. The room we stayed in (family suite with bunk beds) was plenty big enough for the entire family. Not once did i get the ick factor from the room. We had a great view of the beach and the kids loved the splash grounds and activity center. If I find myself having to stay in Daytona again the holiday inn resort will be my first choice. My only complaint is the price. I think they could bring it down a notch!

Room Tip: We booked the family suite which had 2 double beds and a separate room with bunk beds. Plenty of roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your input on your stay at the Holiday Inn Resort. I am so glad that you had such a great time. It is our goal to satisfy every guest every time. We know you have many choices and we do not take that for granted so when you are here we are very happy to be at your service. Thank you again for a great comment.

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I could not believe the cheap price special ! it was only $29.95 a night during bikeweek!
I thought this would be a older hotel , but it as very clean, and updated.
The front desk staff were, friendly and professional!They knew of lots of activities besides just bikeweek events, and helped us rent jet skies !
The courtesy shuttle as most helpful, and willing to take us anywhere.

Room Tip: top floor has the best view, but beware of ocean birds!LOL
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
It looks like you have posted this to the wrong site. We do not offer shuttle service. Sounds like you definitely got a bargain , but unless you are missing another number then I know you have the wrong location.
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is my second time staying here in the past year, me and my wife love this place. Rooms are so fresh and staff is very friendly. I also checked in with a staff member named "Nicole" she was very helpful and awesome to first meet to present the feel of the place, set the mood for vacation definitely.

Thanks Nicole for your great work and getting us checked in fast and giving us a few tips of what to do with are stay. :)

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the Ocean-view side and it seems very awesome and perfect view of the Ocean...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Well I love that you are a repeat guest. We love hearing that. I am so glad that you had a great time again and we will look forward to your return visit again. Thank you for sharing your stay for others to see.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My (hopefully future husband) and myself were so tired from our trip from Alabama to Miami. We were spending a lot of time trying to find a decent place for the night. We stumbled upon the Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront and decided to take a chance.
As soon as he (boyfriend) walked in I could see the big smile on his face while talking to the front desk clerks MELISSA and DJ. I knew this was the place. I came in and was so happy to see their smiling faces. We were treated like royalty. Each question that we asked was happily answered with a smile. The room is fantastic. The ocean view is breathtaking. I absolutely recommend this wonderful place. The price is very reasonable. Thank you Melissa and DJ. You guys are GREAT!!! Will be back. And thank you H I for making sure you are well staffed with people that know how to treat others with heart. Sincerely, Stuart Carey (from Australia) and Starr Geary (from Alabama). Apologize if too much but I am very happy to express my experience.

Room Tip: 7th floor over the color changing pool. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing some of our employee's. We share all responses so they will be happy to know that they made a difference in your stay. As I have always said it is our employee's that keep our guest coming back.
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Perfect location, Clean from top to bottom, Food at the H2O Grill was very good and reasonable in price. And to top it off , I had a small problem, The young lady at the front desk { Her name is Moe } She said " let me see what I can do ". In only a few minutes the problem was gone and everything was perfect. This is why I stay at Holiday Inn's. I have never had a bad stay. Next trip to Daytona will be easy I already know where to stay.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor. The ramp has a door on the second floor, no need to take the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad to see that when you did have a problem it was quickly resolved. We are very happy that your stay was most memorable.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

After reading all the wonderful reviews about this place and the staff, I decided this is where we would stay for Jeep Beach 2013. Later on after making the reservation, I had a couple of questions, so I called and spoke with DJ (whom I had already read nice things about). He was so helpful and put me at ease that the location would be perfect for what we needed. It turned out that we arrived a day earlier than I had planned; no problem! They gave us a room with two queens and would get us into a King Suite the following day...just as soon as possible. We were in by noon.

The King Suite was located on the fourth floor with a beautiful view of the Atlantic, pool and fire pits. The suite itself was very spacious (and clean) with the bed being when you come into the room then there's a door that closes off from the rest of the suite. The bathroom is large with a HUGE walk in shower (no tub...but that was OK with us), good lighting and a separate toilet/water closet. The kitchenette area was clean and was perfect for our morning cereal with bowls & utensils. Full size refrigerator/freezer came in handy, too! Our daughter slept on the pull out sofa bed in the living room; she said it wasn't comfortable...but I didn't check it out. She's 16...she was just fine! I did call to request an extra blanket....5 minutes and it was there!! AWESOME!

Housekeeping was fantastic! They were very timely in making up the room (not like some places where you come in at 3:00 and it still wasn't done). I left a note requesting extra towels and soap...not a problem.

Shortly after DJ's shift started, he called and checked on us to make sure everything was OK and that I was happy with our room. WOW....they really do care. I even had a maintenance guy offer to carry my cart back downstairs for me. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant/bar and staff around the pool were very friendly and seemed to genuinely like their jobs. So this just tells me that management is doing a very good job with this hotel and it's staff.

I do not normally write reviews, but this hotel and it's staff earned a good review! Yes, I would stay here again....only longer next time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will tell all your friends and stay here next year as I know you meet yearly. I am glad that you had such a nice time and we will see you next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It's been many years since I've frequented a Holiday Inn and I must say I was impressed. Not certain if this particular property is an anomaly or if Holiday Inns around the country have raised the bar? Whatever the case, the rooms were like new; extroidinarily clean, beds were very comfortable, flat panel televisions. The staff were warm, friendly and attentive to our needs. I would recommend this property to the most discerning travelers.
The restaurant was outstanding too. Diverse menu that satisfied my wife and I as well as our demanding children; we are 3 meals a day there, never left the property.

Thank you for a memorable stay - look forward to returning in the summer!

Don & Sharon McCormick

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay. I am glad that you had such a memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!