“Short Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #10 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
Uniontown, Alabama, United States
“Short Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Oceanfront for a short visit to Daytona to get some input about our family reunion that I am hosting there in July 2013. The staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms were neat and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would choose this hotel again. My overall experience was great. The manager was very friendly also. He had made all of my arrangements for me, so upon my arrival, everything was ready for me. It was like he already knew me when he walked in the lobby. We had never met, just talked on the phone.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room with a view of the beautiful ocean, doesn't matter which floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It was a real pleasure meeting you and I am glad that you had such a nice stay. We are looking forward to hosting your group. Thank you for such a nice comment.

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Cape Cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were in Daytona for the race and I had made the reservation in October 2012. Our room was beautiful with a view of the pool and beach (#519). It was recently updated and modern. We had a balconcy to view the firepits and activity on the beach. It was better than expected from the reviews I read when I booked our travel. Jamie and Randi were particularly helpful and Moe was most welcoming when we checked in. The staff of the restaurant were friendly and efficient. We perfer to stay in a quiet area and travel to activity, which this hotel provides. The 'action' is approximately 2 miles away; we walked but taxi and a trolley is available. The hotel is better than Daytona itself; the city is tired. This is a great spot to enjoy the sun and sand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for recognizing some of the staff that impressed you while you were staying with us. I am very happy that you had such a great time. It was a great week here with the race and everyone was having a wonderful time. We are glad that you took the time to share with others as this will help them decide on where to stay and of course as anyone can see by all the great comments that this is the place to be.
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from a week at this HI (Daytona 500). I booked the room because I'm always pleased with HI properties and due to the TA reviews. First off, the staff is very gracious, I called at 11am the day of for an early check-in and they were very accomodating. Second, the pool area is great, with a seperate toddler pool, great lounge chairs, and two firepits. Also, kids eat free in the restaurant and room service is priced pretty much the same as the restaurant with only a small delivery fee added. (However, one morning at breakfast I got to listen to a waitress telling the whole room how much of an inconvenience room service was to her and how she avoids answering the phone--- no wonder I always had to call a couple of times in the morning for our room service breakfast that I thought was such a blessing).
Here's what bothered me--our beds were clean, but the floors never were. The same large sticky spot was in our bathroom for all 6 days. It's clear that the cleaning staff doesn't vacuum corners or mop tile (and I always pick up before I leave the room and leave a tip with a thank you to housekeeping). I used the laundry area and the floor was really dirty- I had to be careful not to let my laundry hit the floor. The free WIFI was a blessing, because their TV channels for kids are very limited -- only one cartoon channel; and it doesn't show anything appropriate in the evenings. The hotel is definitely older and could use a good scrubbing. The neighborhood is non-existent with most stores closed up and no nearby restaurants. It is, however, only a couple of miles to city walk with good shopping and restaurants.
I think next time we attend the Daytona 500 we will be staying at a different location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am delighted that you had some great things to say about your stay, however I am concerned about some of your comments and I can tell you that this has been addressed immediately with the server who mentioned that to you who stated that she was having a friendly converstaion with you and felt comfortable enough to inform you about some of her concerns in doing room service. She has had a counseling and this is not the type of service as you can see from all other comments that we wish to be known for. We have also addressed the housekeeping concern as we not only have housekeepers , but inspectors for every room. These comments are not taken lightly as you can see we take great pride in our hotel. We have a very high rating and would be much higher if Trip Advisor included hotels that are in the same geographics markets like all beachfront hotels in one area and so on. Please give us another try and you will see that this was an isolated incident and your concerns have been addressed. We had over 9000 people come through our hotel last month with no bad comments this makes a big statement on our product and service level at our property.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

On balance, most hotel personnel (front desk, service providers) were courteous and helpful. In particular, one of the people who worked in the H2O restaurant and lounge was especially courteous; with a great attitude and a pleasant personality. Her first name is Sue, and I think she's an asset to the organization.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your input about our staff. I will let Sue know about the great comment she received and she will be very happy to hear that she made yet another positive impact on a guest stay. Come back again soon!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I may not have noticed this when booking: no tub in room; only a shower. Poor shower pressure on the first days & by the day of of checkout, there was barely a trickle of water coming from shower. (I'm sure the desk would've helped us, but we were in a big hurry to check out that morning & did not call.) Also I thought I was booking a beach FRONT room, but I got a beach VIEW room on the side of the hotel. (I may not have read this clearly at the time ??). Anyway from my room I could see both the beach & the city (Speedway & airport way far away in the distance); but double check on what you really want when booking. Parking was a bit crowded on Daytona 500 weekend. Room was small, but clean & appeared as pictured. I was nervous at first about room near elevator, but was not bothered at all from hallway noise. We could hear street traffic in our room with the patio door open at night. Front desk was helpful & pleasant on all occasions. No free breakfast, but in-hotel restaurant had very good food. We ate for lunch & got burgers & dinner we had steak (Our server Jacki was awesome!), Hotel offered flat rate $10.00 per person taxi to Speedway. Fridge in room was very small without the tiny freezer option. Microwave was small, but cooked what we wanted. 7-11 store directly across the street. Adequate room for our needs, but overpriced of course, due to Daytona weekend prices. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for a very thourough review. Let me address some of your comments. Often people forget that Ocean View is Ocean front. We try to explain in the description, but it is a common mistake. We always try and upgrade to our ocean front rooms, but unfortunately like you said a very full hotel during the Daytona 500. The shower I am not sure what happened unless everyone at the same time with a full hotel was doing it at the same time or perhaps the faucet head needed changing as from time to time the sand could clog it in which case a switch of a new head would of been an easy fix, but like you said you were in a hurry. I am glad that your overall stay was good. We hope to see you again soon.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Holiday Inn personnel were all so friendly. Special thanks to Jamie & DJ who checked us in. They took the time to answer questions and made us feel important as quests. The entire staff was exceptional. Enjoyed the entertainment on the deck and the time spent at the pool. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Ocean View room. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for recognizing some of our staff. I will certainly let them know what a great job they are doing. It sounds like you had a very memorable stay and you just can't put a price on that. Thank you for sharing.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Because this hotel is right on the beach and has balconies, I gave it a very good rating. Otherwise, I'd say it is average. All of the rooms face the beach and the hallways to them are outdoors. This is fine if it's nice out. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I love balconies. The lobby was attractive and service was good. They have a nice big pool by the beach with plenty of lounge chairs. Parking is included as is WIFI service. The location of this hotel is quite removed from the action. If you don't have a vehicle, there is very little within walking distance, not even any restaurants. If you want to be where the action is, I would recommend you choose a hotel farther north up the beach. They do have a pub looking restaurant on site which looked a bit dark and dingy but to be fair we only walked through it and didn't eat there. This hotel charges a $6.00 per day resort fee.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We offer many things to do right here at the property. We have live entertainment Fri and Sat. We have an activities director who will have fun activities for the kids. We offer a large heated pool. We have fire pits , jacuzzi, kids splash park so even if you go north a little there is not much else to do maybe a couple more shops, but the beach and the amenities are all right here.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!