“CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

You added Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1615 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Inn on the Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I strongly recommend any/all to stay at the Holiday Inn at Daytona Beach!
You have to order the chicken ceaser salad for a truly memorable meal!
What impressed me was the cleaninness of the rooms.
The rooms were airy, light and contemporary with splendid views of the ocean.
Bathrooms were also surprisingly large and filled with a variety of toiletries.
I am looking forward to staying here again on my next girls weekend away!

Room Tip: Carry lots of sunblock!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We appreciate your great review. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. We are glad that you had such a great time. Come back and see us again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We arrived and were treated royally by the front desk. We couldn't have asked for better service and I'm not sure we've ever received better service, so A plus for that! We booked one of the rooms with bunk beds for the kids, a larger room located on the 5th floor to the North of the property with a balcony. The location was great, but the room was less than clean. We stayed Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon. We noticed many ants on the carpet from the get-go, something we've never experienced before in a hotel room (maybe we've been lucky?). We ate breakfast at the hotel and the service was also excellent and food was delicious. The servers were very busy, but still got food to us fast and could handle if we added to the order A plus to them, too! The location is about 1.5 miles from the pier where there are several restaurants and things to do. At first we thought of this as a negative, but the beach is so lovely we grew to enjoy the hike down the beach to the pier that is North of the property. Our 3 year old could run the entire way from pier to hotel (something we had no idea she could do since she always wants to be snuggled up on our hips). She also stated she preferred the beach to Disney...go figure! She also enjoyed the fenced kid friendly water area. To finalize this review I'd say while the hotel is lackluster and dated, the service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Pick a larger room with an oceanview.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for giving us such a geat rating on service! We are looking into the issue with the room and rest assure it will get taken care of. As you can see from most comments this is the exception and not the normal way we operate. It sounds like we did everything to make your stay enjoyable. The building was built in 1967 and we received a lot of feedback when we were renovating that we should keep some nostalgic into the property and we did just that. We painted the entire outside of the building, but kept some of the nostalgic feel for those guest that have been coming year after year. Rest assure though the rooms and amenities are top notch! We thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I arrived to the hotel and found it very satisfying! The front desk employee (Dawn) is wonderful! After experiencing some issues prior to checking in, she was very determined to help resolve the issue! With her assistance we worked through it and I finally checked in. My room was amazing! Ocean view above the pool! I even got two free drinks at the bar! I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quantity and quality! I will return for sure thanks to dawn, and the exceptional hotel that it is!

• Stayed September 2012
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We never hear enough of that. I will let Dawn know about what a great comment she received it will make her day knowing that she has made a difference. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Minneola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My three kids under seven, my mother and I went to this hotel this past weekend. The view was spectacular of the ocean. There was a young lady named Erika at the front desk who displayed exceptional customer service. She went way above the call of duty. I am a little disorganized with three children on my own most of the time, and she replaced every item that I had forgot. She even helped me carry some of my stuff to the room. Erika even charged my phone because I had forgot a piece of my charger. Her kindness was heartfelt and outstanding. You could really tell that she was a dedicated employee and committed to the success of the hotel. Erika helped make our stay special and her graciousness will always be remembered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing and giving us an outstanding score. These scores are very important to us. I will let Etka know about your wonderful comments and yes she is part of our exceptional staff and that is truly what sets us apart from everyone else. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

stayed here over a weekend and have absolutly no complaints, the service was great, room was great and food was fantastic. Melissa at the front desk was wonderful too, she went above and beyond to make our stay perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WE appreciate your response about your stay. I am glad that you had a nice time and I will let Melissa know about the wonderful comment you gave her. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hillsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our second trip/year to the Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach which should be a good indicator of my opinion of the hotel. We stayed 6 days and will definitely return next year.

Outstanding customer service from Nicole at the front desk and Hose` in the restaruant/bar area. Both went above and beyond in ensuring our vacation was excellent!

Room Tip: Go with the Ocean view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
First off I want to welcome you back. It is a true testiment when someone comes back on how much they enjoyed the property. We have an excellent staff and I am not just saying that. I have been to many hotels that the staff is not welcoming at all. At this property we are truly glad that you are here. We know there are many choices and we like to show our appreciation when you pick us.
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Firstly we have visited The Shores Resort 2 miles down the street many times over the years, but wanted to give this place a try because of the great reviews and fantastic room rates they offer,

We were not disappointed !! Ocean Front rooms Were nicely appointed with Granite kitchenette, A fresh clean Double bed room, with Balcony and granite bathroom, King bedrooms, are in short supply as this is classed as a family resort.

The Staff were Excellent, welcoming, and did everything they could to make our stay wonderful, We almost wanted to keep this a secret but decided to share, although it is only 3 stars remember, every detail was covered, the Hotel made a wonderful weekend break away ......Ken the Sales Manager was professional and welcoming we will be back !

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It was a real pleasure meeting you and I am very grateful for you taking the time to give us such a wonderful comment. It sounds like you are now going to be a loyal guest at our hotel and we are definitely looking forward to seeing you again. I am glad that you had such a great time.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!