“needs some updating, but staff made for excellent time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americano Beach Lodge Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Americano Beach Lodge Resort
You added Americano Beach Lodge Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1260 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Thiells, New York
“needs some updating, but staff made for excellent time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Had read varying reviews so was a little concerned, but aside from resort and rooms needing an upgrade overall experience was excellent. Especially loved the new tiki bar under the sun deck and poolside drink service. Came with wife, 2 young teenagers and 7 yr old. Pool and beach access was great, also had direct view of beach from room. Kids activities was limited, but little one enjoyed what she did. Staff was more than helpful with everything. Not thrilled with pay laundry, $1.50 for wash or dry.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I'm sorry to say but this former hotel converted to a so called resort is very dated and poorly maintianed. the rooms felt dirty and was awakened by a RAT at 1:30 am. We were moved to another romm but this place has seen better days. It was originally constructed in the early 60's and need a total rebuild. This is absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed in the 15+ years of vacationing. The only good thing I can say is that the pool area was ok. I would not reccomend anyone to stay at the "Americano Resort"

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
orange park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have been an owner since 19997 and have NEVER had the negative experiences some talk about. The bed could be a little nicer,maybe update some appliances, other than that it has been great for us. I have other friends that own there as well and we all like the place. It is clean and i feel safe when there. As for Floxy she has been nothing but nice to me and our friends. Some people just cant be pleased, it is an older time share but kept up nicely...looking foward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Somerset, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We own a Seabreeze unit here and have owned this unit for approximately 13 years. Up until the last 2 years we have stayed there every year. We haven't stayed at the resort since 6/08 however, we are going down 4th of July this year. I have been reading a lot of the comments and it is very disturbing. I know the last time we were there is was awesome. The staff were very helpful and we love the location and activities that are offered, there was always something to do. So far our experience this year has been good and we haven't even arrived yet. We decided that we wanted to check in 1 day early and with it being race week and 4th of July we did not think it would be possible. However, we called the resort and the gentleman I spoke with was very helpful, reserved us a unit for Friday night and even gave us a discount on the rate. I know they have been doing a lot of upgrades and in the past all of the improvements have been awesome. This resort is by no means a 5 star resort but it is clean, comfortable and convenient. Great for families with children. I have stayed at 5 stars resorts in Daytona, one being Oceanwalk and the service and friendliness of the staff at Americano far exceeds that of other resorts. The only complaints that I have are they are removing the murphy beds from the Seabreeze units, and the biggest complaint for me is there are no washer/dryers in the units. I would highly recommend Americano to anyone visiting the Daytona Beach area.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Carbondale, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

When we entered the hotel room it was very dirty. It looked as if housekeeping just changed the linens and put away the dishes. The bathroom counter had, what appeared to be sand on the countertop, the toilet had something black on the inside, and the dishes and blender were filthy. There weren't any vacancies anywhere near where we were staying or we would have moved resorts immediately. We went to the local store and bought cleaning products so we wouldn’t have to stay in a nasty germ infested room the whole week. We weren’t expecting to have to work while on our annual vacation that is meant for relaxing. They claim to have a bistro, but their bistro is some guy in the little shop down stairs cooking on a little hot plate. The store that offers sunscreen and other items closes at 1:00 p.m., and the bar opens at whatever time they feel like opening it and was almost always closed by 8:00 p.m. Our floor was a non-smoking floor however every night as we would walk down our hallway we would get bombarded by the nasty smell of cigarette smoke and pot. The cleaning personnel did not have a professional appearance, and as I was unfolding one of the towels in our bathroom a ball of black hair fell out. They did have a nice pool area, h however the hot tub looked like a small bubbling pool of infection. We left disinfecting products on the counter when we left, hoping to give the resort a hint, that they are seriously slacking. We will never go back to this resort and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Middlefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

We recently returned from a week stay at the Americano. My parents have been owners for nearly 20 years, and speak highly of it year after year. We have traded their unit for weeks in Orlando and California at high end resorts, so I was concerned after reading the reviews that the Americano would be a huge disappointment. I was WRONG! Are there things that can be improved? Absolutely. But overall, we had a wonderful vacation, and really enjoyed our stay.

Reasons to Stay: 1. Location. The Americano is right on the beach, and there is even beach access directly from the main deck. The Americano gives you a passcode and bracelets to monitor those actually staying at the resort from someone just wandering in from the beach. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping areas on the A1A strip. The Main Street pier (which is actually closed until the fall, but lots to see and do nearby) is probably only a 20-25 minute walk down the beach.
2. Beach view. At least from our room (we stayed in a Floridian) our bedroom faced the ocean. Our room did not have ceiling to floor windows like the Atlantic rooms, but there was something very calming about falling asleep to the waves every night and watching the sunrise in the morning.
3. Pools. This resort only has one outside pool, but it goes up to 10 ft!! Personally, I prefer this vs. resorts that have 5 pools that go to 4 ft. max. (at least 3 of which I would probably never get to anyways). There are a good number of lounge chairs on the deck. The indoor pool was comfortably warm, and we found ourselves in that one quite often, especially at night. There was also a kiddie pool, which my 3.5 year old went in from time to time.
4. The Staff. Like every resort there is always one or two that you question, but everyone was very nice and accomodating. My parents actually decided to stay an extra few days, and the staff worked it out so my parents could stay in the same room.
5. Comfort. One night during a thunderstorm, we found ourselves in the room next to the lobby sharing a bottle of wine, ordering chinese food and dancing to the jutebox. Simply put, whether you are indoors or out, it's a relaxing and fun place to be.

Improvements: 1. The beds and pillows. Honestly, they were uncomfortable. Our discomfort could also be attributed to us sleeping with our window open every night so we could hear the sound of the ocean. Hopefully the new mattresses that were being delivered are better than their predecessor. 2. Some amenities in the unit need to be replaced. For instance, the fan unit above our stove was a bit rusty and some of the countertop appliances were a bit older. But everything was in working order, so it's really only an appearance issue. 3. I missed having a washer and dryer in the room (I traveled with a 3.5 year and 7 month old) but there is at least one on premises.

Simply put, this is not a 5 star resort. It's simple and classic, but very usable and practical. The room itself was fine. It was clean (including the tub) and spacious. We had a flat screen in the living room. I am starting to believe that regardless of the stars a resort has, someone will always be unhappy. I understand that some complaints are legitimate, but there was nothing about my stay that would keep me from returning to the Americano. In fact, we look forward to returning to see how the bar area/restaurant that they are building turns out.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lutz, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We bought this timeshare and this was our first experiencs owning one. It was cold that week so we did alot of indoor pool swimming and game room trips. We met another couple while we were there and that made the trip tolerable. We were there only one day, the beds were horrible, when we asked for another room (the place was almost empty) we were gtod "no" and given a bed topper!! Then we started smelling something "rotten" in the rooms, my daughter (6) strated becoming phisically ill by day three, the couple we met (who were having the sam experience) were told that there was a dead rodent in the vent and that's where the smell came from. When I went to request a different room, we were told, "NO" then We had to complain again the next day and when we demanded something be done because my husband works in pest control and knows it's a health hazard breathing the fumes (at this point we all were feeling sick) they offered a 2 br suite. We decided to just leave and go back home. They comped us a measly free week to return to the resort within one year but I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, EVEN IF IT IS FREE!! We have tried to sell it since then but they say you have to have their approval. I will not pay a dime of maintenance fees, the place is a dump, with the worst customer service in the world!! We have other time shares (since then) we bought and they are nowhere near as bad as this hell hole!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Been to Americano Beach Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!