“BEWARE, bait and switch, do not honor their word” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #65 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jensen Beach, Florida
“BEWARE, bait and switch, do not honor their word”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Visited during the Turkey Rod Run November 25th. I had originally booked 2 nights through expedia. Learned I was unable to stay the second night, called expedia who called the hotel and changed the reservation for the one night only. All was good, Manager Nina Patel said I would have to pay a $25 change fee, I was ok with that. Expedia informed me to call them after the saty and they would refund the second night.
I cecked in Friday evening giving the manager my expedia paperwork. Saturday morning I was the only person in the lobby, The same lady that checked me in, (I am presuming to be the manager), is there, I ask her if there is anything I need to do to check out, she replied, "no, nothing further." I said great and left the hotel, not returning for the second night as planned. The hotel manager refuses to refund my second night saying I did not check out correctly. After calleing her directly she says it iall my fault and they have no record of the reservation change that expedia made while i was on the phone with them, effectively calling me a liar. I cannot recommend this place at all. On a second note, had friends use the same hotel and were charged $30 above what they were quoted on the phone when they booked.

Room Tip: Deall with someone else who has integrity
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

i stayed in one of the rooms facing the ocean. it was such a great view! at night i went and walked along the water and it was very peaceful. i thought daytona was too quiet for this time but the front desk guy said that it was the end of tourist season so whatever. the rooms were clean and there's a kitchen. they had pots and pans under the sink and everything was all very new. great stay.

Room Tip: during off season if you ask for an upgrade they'll most likely give it to u for free.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I reserved my room for this stay on the Days Inn website to include an additional person in the room. The website asked me to enter my credit card information in order to receive the discount for online payment, so I did. When I arrived, the attendant, who I apparently woke from her nap in the back room, said that I did not pay on-line even though she had a print out of the reservation. With protest, I allowed her to re-swipe my credit card, only to find that they charged me 50 cents more per person than the price quoted online. When I brought it up, the attendant called the manager (i guess) from the back room. They began talking to each other in another language and when finished, the manager said, "what is it? 50 cents? Jesus Christ!!! just give it to her! He then slammed open the cash drawer and has me sign for 50 cents. When all of that is settled, I'm told that my room won't be ready for another 20 minutes, even though I arrived shortly after 3 pm. Once in the room, later on that night there were bugs. Many, many bugs that could fly. My husband ended up killing the things because I didn't want to call the manager to have him swear at me again. The shower head was broken and the next day, even though i asked to have the sheets changed, they only made up the bed. The breakfast was lousy. There's a train that runs by at 3 am and blows it's horn. (seriously!) When i complained to the main Days Inn Customer Care line, they apologized profusely and said that they would issue me a $25 gift certificate. A gift certificate that does not cover the cost of one night stay, which means I'll have to spend money to make use of their apology. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

This hotel has direct access to Daytona Beach. The rooms were large, bright and well furnished and all have sea views and a balcony. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Great heated pool (a must for us wimps!), free coffee, internet and parking. Within 15 minute drive of Racetrack, Flea Markets, shopping, fishing charters and entertainment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed at this hotel primarily because of its location to Biketoberfest activities. Central to everything. Easy access to roadways even in heavy traffic. Small but effeciently run. Very knowlegeable & attentive staff ( appears to be family run). Surrounding area appears to be a little seedy so security was a concern but not an issue as the manager BP was on constant patrol always attending to the needs and concerns of the guests. He is one of the most accomidating managers I have ever met. During Biketoberfest I had a trouble free experience at this hotel and met many new friends at the nightly get togethers & cookouts in the parking lot. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever had on the road. Breakfast was kind of skimpy but with all the good resturants close by not an issue, as you don't attend Bike Week on the cheap. Will be returning in the spring with friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I needed a hotel quick for my son on a last minute deal. I made the arrangements from Texas over the phone. The staff was very help. My son said the room was nice and enjoyed the stay.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — ok
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

Discounted early bookings (pay ahead -no refunds) mean only a smoking room - and they really don't charge your cc until you arrive.
Room was decently clean and updated, nothing fancy, but a lot better than the Days Inn near I-95.
The continental brekfast was sorely lacking - cereal and little pre-packaged danishes, but that's to be expected.
Free parking - but if you come back to your room late on a busy weekend, watch out, you may have to squeeze into the front check-in spots.
If you want a beach-front, this is not a place for you, but for a race weekend, it's a quick drive to the Speedway.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Days Inn Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!