“great view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Newport Beach, California
“great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

i stayed in one of the rooms facing the ocean. it was such a great view! at night i went and walked along the water and it was very peaceful. i thought daytona was too quiet for this time but the front desk guy said that it was the end of tourist season so whatever. the rooms were clean and there's a kitchen. they had pots and pans under the sink and everything was all very new. great stay.

Room Tip: during off season if you ask for an upgrade they'll most likely give it to u for free.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I reserved my room for this stay on the Days Inn website to include an additional person in the room. The website asked me to enter my credit card information in order to receive the discount for online payment, so I did. When I arrived, the attendant, who I apparently woke from her nap in the back room, said that I did not pay on-line even though she had a print out of the reservation. With protest, I allowed her to re-swipe my credit card, only to find that they charged me 50 cents more per person than the price quoted online. When I brought it up, the attendant called the manager (i guess) from the back room. They began talking to each other in another language and when finished, the manager said, "what is it? 50 cents? Jesus Christ!!! just give it to her! He then slammed open the cash drawer and has me sign for 50 cents. When all of that is settled, I'm told that my room won't be ready for another 20 minutes, even though I arrived shortly after 3 pm. Once in the room, later on that night there were bugs. Many, many bugs that could fly. My husband ended up killing the things because I didn't want to call the manager to have him swear at me again. The shower head was broken and the next day, even though i asked to have the sheets changed, they only made up the bed. The breakfast was lousy. There's a train that runs by at 3 am and blows it's horn. (seriously!) When i complained to the main Days Inn Customer Care line, they apologized profusely and said that they would issue me a $25 gift certificate. A gift certificate that does not cover the cost of one night stay, which means I'll have to spend money to make use of their apology. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

This hotel has direct access to Daytona Beach. The rooms were large, bright and well furnished and all have sea views and a balcony. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Great heated pool (a must for us wimps!), free coffee, internet and parking. Within 15 minute drive of Racetrack, Flea Markets, shopping, fishing charters and entertainment.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed at this hotel primarily because of its location to Biketoberfest activities. Central to everything. Easy access to roadways even in heavy traffic. Small but effeciently run. Very knowlegeable & attentive staff ( appears to be family run). Surrounding area appears to be a little seedy so security was a concern but not an issue as the manager BP was on constant patrol always attending to the needs and concerns of the guests. He is one of the most accomidating managers I have ever met. During Biketoberfest I had a trouble free experience at this hotel and met many new friends at the nightly get togethers & cookouts in the parking lot. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever had on the road. Breakfast was kind of skimpy but with all the good resturants close by not an issue, as you don't attend Bike Week on the cheap. Will be returning in the spring with friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I needed a hotel quick for my son on a last minute deal. I made the arrangements from Texas over the phone. The staff was very help. My son said the room was nice and enjoyed the stay.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — ok
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

Discounted early bookings (pay ahead -no refunds) mean only a smoking room - and they really don't charge your cc until you arrive.
Room was decently clean and updated, nothing fancy, but a lot better than the Days Inn near I-95.
The continental brekfast was sorely lacking - cereal and little pre-packaged danishes, but that's to be expected.
Free parking - but if you come back to your room late on a busy weekend, watch out, you may have to squeeze into the front check-in spots.
If you want a beach-front, this is not a place for you, but for a race weekend, it's a quick drive to the Speedway.

Stayed January 2007
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

This was worst Days Inn we have ever stayed at....we booked thru their website, maybe that is why they had a rating of 5 Sunbursts!! We did not get the room we reserved and had to take a smoking room and it smelled horribly!!!!!!!! The fridge was barely cool. The advertised complimentary breakfast was nonexistant...we were told they had run out of coffee...and they had nothing else at 9AM!!!!!! The bed was hard as a rock but the bathroom was spotless, the only good thing there. I would never stay there again, tho, and it wasnt like it was cheap at $70 a night!!!

Been to Days Inn Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!