“Cute hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Florida
“Cute hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

Me and my boyfriend stayed there from July 11-July 13th. The outside looked pretty bad compared to the other hotels on the strip but I was confident with the Jacuzzi Suite room I booked so I didn't care. It was very nice. We had room 301 on the 3rd floor. Got a complimentary gift bag with 2 Venus Breeze razors, gum, pepto bismol, Axe shower gel and spray for my boyfriend and a razor for him too. Thought that was very nice. Walked in the room and immediately noticed it smelled of lavender. Nice touch! It was VERY clean and the decor was nice. My only complaint was that checkout was at 12p and we decided we would check out at 11a and just swim for the rest of the day and then head home. I asked the front desk girl if it would be okay if we left the car in the parking lot but she said they had a lot of reservations that day and that the owner wouldn't like it. Mmmkay then. I should've said nevermind, we're gonna go swimming and then checkout at 12p then. LOL. Anyway, nice hotel. Paid around $150 a night though and I didn't think it was worth it for the money. It's only a 3 floor hotel and would've loved to stayed in a huge 8-12 story one. I looked online and some of those are cheaper. Ah well. Nice trip though.

• Liked — The suite. Very nice.
  • Disliked — Overall look of the hotel. And price.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

We stayed at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn during a short trip to Florida in September. The property was well maintained, the rooms were clean, and the price was affordable – all things that I look for in a good hotel. The pool overlooks the ocean, which was very relaxing, and the hotel is walking distance to a lot of Daytona Beach activities which was great.

We will defiantly come back to the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn the next time we are in Daytona Beach, and I would recommend to my friends to stay there too.

• Liked — Family Owned and Great Location
  • Disliked — Not enough towels
  • Tips/Secrets — Great place and great price
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

The Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn is a nice motel overall. The pool and sundeck areas are nice and well-kept. Rooms were fairly clean and spacious. Rooms on the first floor have tile because the motel allows pets. Rooms on the second and third floors have carpet. All rooms have a northeast view of the beach and ocean.

A 10-story condo was under construction next door when we visited in July 2006. There was some noise and the view wasn't all that great, but it was not as distracting as we thought it would be.

Maid service was only average, as she never cleaned our tile floor during the week we were there. Other guests complained of having to request that their rooms, whether tiled or carpeted, be mopped or vacuumed.

The motel is a family-owned place that is one of fewer and fewer such motels in the Daytona area. It is located about two blocks north of the intersection of South Atlantic Avenue and Dunlawton Avenue, which provides quick access to Port Orange and Ponce Inlet.

• Liked — Small, family owned lodging
  • Disliked — Construction site next door
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wallingford, conn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

i spent 2 days after a cruise last november with my son at the atlantic ocean palm. i requested a room on the 3rd flr closest to the ocean. the management was very accomodating to the room which was available. the room was exceptionally clean and the staff was exceptionally helpful. one room attendant went out of her way to get me directions to the highway closest to the motel for my return back to orlando to fly home. she mapped it out for me as well. and she took the time from her work of cleaning rooms to do so. the pool was clean as well as the entire parking lot and their property. it was extremely safe and we had no worries about coming back at night and parking in the lot. plenty of lighting in the lot and on the balconies of all floors including the 1st flr. i am not pleased by the other review of the person who said it was disgusting! everyone who took rooms there were happy and are long time returners to this motel. what does this tell you? that something is being done to make their customers return yr after yr. they are pet friendly as well. the 2nd & 3rd flrs have patio chairs outside the rooms so you can sit at night on the balcony and enjoy the sounds of the ocean. so i can only give high praises to the staff and their workers for what they do to keep this place a wonderful place to stay wether its for a few days as i did or for a longer stay. i would give this atlantic palms a #1 rating. the room was very spacious. no complaints there. they were much bigger then other hotels or motels i have stayed at while vacationing in daytona. the first floor also has chairs outside their rooms. so trust in the positive reviews and judge for yourself. you will be happy you stayed at the atlantic ocean palm inn. they have great prices as well.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

I was appalled at the uncleaniness of this hotel. The view was not ocean front: Just a side view. The view was of a construction site beside us/part ocean. this hotel was frankly dirty and had a unsafe appearance. the front desk is not a staffed 24 hours. the room was not fully stocked with basic toiletries. i called the front desk because of no hot water to shower with, i asked to be called back and did not get a response. however, i was called to be told that i had to check out on time. the brochure and the motel did not appear to be the same. the location of the beach was run down. March 2006

• Stayed March 2006
, office manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2006
First and foremost, our goal at The Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn is to provide exceptional service to all of our customers.

I would like to apologize to any quest that feels that our property was unacceptably clean. As a family owned and operated establishment, we pride ourselves on the hard work and effort that we put forth to keep our facility at an above average standard. If this complaint would have been made to the office, we would have gladly serviced the room to the quests specifications.

I do recall the desk clerk mentioning a guest having trouble with hot water. Apparently there was a communication error. She had asked the guest to call back with in 15 minutes if the hot water had not returned, and went on to check if there was infact a plumbing issue, she did not find anything wrong. Since no other calls were made from that particular guest, the clerk had felt that the guest no longer had an issue.

As far as an unsafe appearance, our property is very well maintained and inspected through all of the proper channels and all code are met. Our grounds are very well kept. Unfortunaltely, there is a construction site next to our property that is currently active, however, our privacy fence does a fantastic job at shielding guests from anything that could be considered "unsafe" as ANY construction site does have that potential. Furthermore, Daytona Beach Shores is a smaller, residential community and the police force here is phenomenal. In addition, we have never encountered any type of criminal activity here on our grounds.

We are a small motel, we do not provide toiletries as a larger establishment or hotel would. However, if a guest should need shampoo or something of that nature, we do have basic items to offer should a guest be in need of it.

Lastly, our office is open from 8am until 10pm everyday. The office closes in the late evening, however, should a guest need something at any hour there is always someone on the property to tend to that need.

I did find this particular review that I am refering to, offensive and malicious. Perhaps it was a communication error. Again I stress that had any of these issues or concerns were voiced to anyone in the office, it could have easily been remedied.

I stand firmly in my position that we are a very clean and well maintained property. Our many awards also back this claim. Our guests do come first to us, and we do everything we can to maintain each guest's satisfaction with in reason.
Wallingford,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2005

By far, one of the best if not the best, motel type lodging i've ever stayed in. Family ran business. Perfectly clean, nice flooring-sink-bathroom area. Very large room (2 bed queen non jacuzzi room)... Rooms are all partial ocean views...comes with full cable, coffee maker (tho no coffee was avail. in room). Plenty of drawers to unpack ur bags and put stuff in for a short or long stay. Deck is a main thruway, with chairs outside in front of every room... Definitly bigger then ur average hotel room (I was on the 3rd floor room 304, a few rooms from the end towards the beach). There is a very clean pool, patio area to sit out in under the sun. Down the steps from the patio, you are on the beach! No beach left tho, all been washed away, no sand, just smooth dirt pretty much in the general area of this motel. View of the ocean is awesome, staff is very friendly. Price was unreal ($67 w/tax per night) - beats out the Hampton Inn was gonna stay at a few buildings away for $95 a night... No continental breakfast. Pet Friendly. Laundry facility is available for .75c a load and $1.50 for half hour drying cycles. Id prefer to dry the clothes tho or even do clothes at the laundry mat right up the road a few buildings for what i'd imagine to be better drying of the clothes. This place is next to a motel that is no longer in business/vacated, so is a quiet area. Convenient to Burger King, IHOPS, Denny's and morel.... I95 is 5 miles away - close to the motel thru Port Orange... Can also access 95 by going thru Daytona Beach into Daytona down by the race track miles away. Overall, I'd def stay in here in a heartbeat, no 2nd guesses, def deserves to be a top 5 for daytona beach :)

• Stayed November 2005
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2005

We stayed for 4 nights 6/2005. Was afraid it would be another oceanfront dump, so I checked previous reviews on tripadvisor.com. When booking the room I asked about hurricane damage and about recent renovations. Was told all damage was taken care of and that the owners are constantly doing things new to keep the place up. She booked me in a room with newer furnishings. The room was large, with the exception of the typical tub/toilet combo (a bit cramped) and a small sink outside of the tub/toilet area. This was really my only complaint. The vanity top was so small that there was nowhere really to put any toiletries out. A suggestion would be to put a small shelf on either side of sink and a hand towel rack that was lacking. I had to put my toiletries on a shelf above the hangers rack a ways from the sink area. The only dirty things I saw were the top of the coffee maker-full of sugar crystals and the bottom drawer in the fridge needed to be cleaned underneath it. The A/C worked great and shower good pressure. The outdoor pool always seemed to have a slightly sand covered bottom. Lots of families staying here-plenty of southern accents (lots of families from Georgia). Quieter area of Daytona-felt perfectly safe here. Staff not overly friendly. In fact, the only male (perhaps owner) on two occasions (checking out and getting towels) no smiles or conversation-strictly business. Saw a few people with dogs staying here. We were pleasantly suprised that the room had no bad odor. Usually every beachfront hotel has some sort of old, musty smell. I would stay here again if returning to Daytona.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn? Share your experiences!