My family had a reservation for April 4-7, 2013, unfortunately we had to cancel a week before our arrival date due to my 93 year old grandmother had become critically ill & travel was not advised. I expressed this to Erica, who said she was the manager & was told that they do not issue a refund of the deposit for cancellations. I also offered to send the doctor's note that I had to obtain for our refund at another resort in Orlando we were staying at when we left Daytona but was told that it would not be accepted & still no refund was going to be issued. I have to say that I am truly disappointed that we are not only unable to have our family vacation this year but that we are unable to get the deposit back. Family has to come first. Erica also stated that she woud "pray for your grandmother but that because we are a mom & pop resort we cant be nice to everyone because we would go out of business by issuing refunds to everyone." I was highly offended by her uncompassionate attitude & unwillingness to help & be understanding in this difficult time. Giving refunds to deserving guests that have a medical emergency & unable to keep the reservation is not what is going to cause you to go out of business, it is your lack of compassion & morals that will cause you to go out of business. I did not see this policy anywhere on the website as she said it was and I was never told of this when I personally booked the reservation on the phone, although I did see it on the confirmation email. This trip was booked in early January & there was no way to know that we would have to cancel our trip that long ago. I chose this resort based on the good reviews that I read on the different sites but contrary to what some of them said, I did not find the staff to be friendly at all. I will definately pass the word onto my many biker friends that are always looking for a place to stay in Daytona. They have not only lost me as a guest but many other potential guests. I would have been willing to stay there if we had the chance to reschedule our vacation for another time but not now. I understand there are policies put in place for a reason; however there are times when legitimate reasons override the policy should the establishment allow it. Unfortunately, that is not the case here so now I am out money for a stay that is not going to happen & left with a bitterness for this resort & its staff. Please consider this review when choosing to stay at this resort, if it happened to me, it can happen to you! Erica, I can only hope for you that you are never put in this position but if you are, I hope you find that you are treated a lot better than you treated me & my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean front comfort! The beautifully maintained, family owned and operated, ocean front location provides an ocean view from every clean, bright and spacious room. Each unit is furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. We offer free Wi-Fi everywhere on the property. Efficiency units are also available. Small pets(up to 20 lbs.) are welcome with advance arrangements in designated rooms only with a surcharge. Some rooms may have a limited view, as they are located on the first floor. Experience a quiet, affordable beach vacation at our award winning facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Hotel Daytona Beach
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Motel