“Nice, quiet, inexpensive place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3247 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Leesburg, Indiana, United States
“Nice, quiet, inexpensive place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been coming here since 1998 with my daughter, since her graduation and my new marriage I've introduced my husband to this nice quiet place. He will not stay anywhere else when we are in Daytona, for that fact he doesn't want to go anywhere else but here. It is on the beach, you can't ask for anything better. We stay in a ground floor room, sometimes just a standard room and sometimes with a kitchenette, either way they are clean and just an all around great place to stay. If we ever have issues, they are right there helping anyway they can. They are close to gift shops, miniature golfing, restaurants all with in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Nice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Friendly service, prtil but very good view on the beach/Ocean, very large room with full kitchen, very clean.
At first the room had a strong smell of chlorine, but i went away. The A/C was not needed (it was cold actually) and I couldn't get it to warm the room in the morning. Might be me, but I was cold (that can happen in Florida in Mrch !!!)

Room Tip: Take the "efficiency" ones, a tad more expensive but a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2013. Didn't have a reservation and took a chance based on other Tripadvisor.com reviews. We wanted to stay somewhere right on the beach that wasn't too pricey and this was it! Rooms were clean and included a king bed, sofa, 2 sets of tables and chairs, and a kitchenette. We stayed in a 3rd floor ocean view room, which is the top floor of this family-ran motel. Each room has a couple of chairs outside the door making it nice in the evening to relax right outside your room. The pool area, sun terrace and shuffleboard area are clean and very well maintained. Each morning the office had coffee and pre-packaged rolls so don't expect much for breakfast but the price at this quaint motel made it easy to spend your money for breakfast somewhere else. The only reason this motel didn't rate 5 stars is because this is a relaxed comfortable place, not a fancy full-amenity resort.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is 2nd or 3rd floor at least 3 or 4 rooms back from the ocean to avoid a view of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We are ending a most wonderful week+ again at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. As always, this facility is in great shape and yet the owners continue to improve it. Our weather has been wonderful even though today is cool but still in the 60s. The staff is and has always been so friendly and helpful to us and all their guests. If you are looking for a nice place to stay that is clean and neat, you should come here. We've visited the AOPI for many years and it is still the only place we will stay in Daytona. Try it and I'm sure you will like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Orlando, Columbus, charleston, Vallejo, Warner Robins, San Diego, Grand Folks, Stafford, Powder Springs, Marietta, Ocala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I picked this hotel because it does have a view of the beach with each room. The only problem I had there was a painting crew at the time I was staying and of course they scrapped paint and painted in front of my room the whole day. I couldn't sit out side or see any view of anything but ladders and paint cloths. I had a time getting out of my room just to walk down to the beach. I told the front office people and they just brushed it off. They said "I'm sorry". I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hoteldaytona, General Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Once again, I apologize that you were unhappy during your stay. We try to conduct our maintenance projects during our slower season, at times that are of the least inconvenience to our guests, during the hours of 10AM and 3PM. Unfortunately, one of these projects occurred during your 2 day stay with us. I wish you would have let us know of your disappointment sooner than when you were checking out. There are various options we could have explored to make your stay more pleasant; like asking the workers to start in another area, or help you to move to another room. I'm sorry to see that you felt like I brushed off your complaint. I am sincerely sorry you were unhappy. We like to see our guests feeling relaxed and speaking of a pleasant stay, as they are checking out. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to hear your complaint as you were leaving. The weather was great, and the painting project that took place was done quickly and quietly. I heard of no issues from any guests during the time of your stay. I wish you would have given me an opportunity to remedy the issue you had during the course your stay. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again when you return to beautiful Daytona Beach Shores.

Kindest Regards,
Erica Obrochta
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

You won't mistake the Atlantic Palm for a luxury hotel, but it doesn't matter because it's all about location and comfort. No need to go through a lobby. Most rooms, especially on the 2nd and 3rd floors, have an excellent view of the ocean. There was a slight "ocean" smell in our room on the 3rd floor, but I expected that considering your proximity to the beach. However, we came equipped with a scented candle that took away any remnants of an odor. Parking is easy and convenient. No elevators may pose a problem to some travelers who may have difficulty bringing luggage to the 2nd or 3rd floors. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. Beds were clean and comfortable. Towels, while somewhat small, were soft and "scratchy." Some repairs to the room looked shoddy, but overall I would have to give the room a thumbs up. First floor rooms are tiled, upper rooms carpet/ tile. Very quiet location on Daytona Beach, yet convenient to everything. You would be hard pressed to find a better value on the beach. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd floor ocean view room.for the best view. The lower the number (301, 302, etc.), the cl...
Apple Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was very nice for the price. The rooms could be updated but they were clean and the hotel location on the beach is great. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn? Share your experiences!