“Needed To Relax” 2 of 5 stars

You added Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn to your Saves list
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3247 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #56 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Melbourne, Orlando, Columbus, charleston, Vallejo, Warner Robins, San Diego, Grand Folks, Stafford, Powder Springs, Marietta, Ocala
“Needed To Relax”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I picked this hotel because it does have a view of the beach with each room. The only problem I had there was a painting crew at the time I was staying and of course they scrapped paint and painted in front of my room the whole day. I couldn't sit out side or see any view of anything but ladders and paint cloths. I had a time getting out of my room just to walk down to the beach. I told the front office people and they just brushed it off. They said "I'm sorry". I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hoteldaytona, General Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Once again, I apologize that you were unhappy during your stay. We try to conduct our maintenance projects during our slower season, at times that are of the least inconvenience to our guests, during the hours of 10AM and 3PM. Unfortunately, one of these projects occurred during your 2 day stay with us. I wish you would have let us know of your disappointment sooner than when you were checking out. There are various options we could have explored to make your stay more pleasant; like asking the workers to start in another area, or help you to move to another room. I'm sorry to see that you felt like I brushed off your complaint. I am sincerely sorry you were unhappy. We like to see our guests feeling relaxed and speaking of a pleasant stay, as they are checking out. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to hear your complaint as you were leaving. The weather was great, and the painting project that took place was done quickly and quietly. I heard of no issues from any guests during the time of your stay. I wish you would have given me an opportunity to remedy the issue you had during the course your stay. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again when you return to beautiful Daytona Beach Shores.

Kindest Regards,
Erica Obrochta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

You won't mistake the Atlantic Palm for a luxury hotel, but it doesn't matter because it's all about location and comfort. No need to go through a lobby. Most rooms, especially on the 2nd and 3rd floors, have an excellent view of the ocean. There was a slight "ocean" smell in our room on the 3rd floor, but I expected that considering your proximity to the beach. However, we came equipped with a scented candle that took away any remnants of an odor. Parking is easy and convenient. No elevators may pose a problem to some travelers who may have difficulty bringing luggage to the 2nd or 3rd floors. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. Beds were clean and comfortable. Towels, while somewhat small, were soft and "scratchy." Some repairs to the room looked shoddy, but overall I would have to give the room a thumbs up. First floor rooms are tiled, upper rooms carpet/ tile. Very quiet location on Daytona Beach, yet convenient to everything. You would be hard pressed to find a better value on the beach. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd floor ocean view room.for the best view. The lower the number (301, 302, etc.), the cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Apple Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was very nice for the price. The rooms could be updated but they were clean and the hotel location on the beach is great. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The prices are affordable and the staff is great!!! The hotel is clean and location is great for family vacations. We have stayed at this hotel for years now and have no plans of finding somewhere else to stay while in Daytona. During the summer we have a large group stay at the hotel (we take up nearly half the hotel) and the staff has always taken care of any needs of ours.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Even thru their renos it was extremely easy to maneuver around the grounds here everything was kept under control. Fantastic desk staff and clean rooms!!! Thank you for our fabulous stay!!! Loved being right on the beach!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel deserves 5/5 simply because it offers an exceptional value. We paid only 41€ for a night in November, which is really a steal I think given the location directly at the beach. Otherwise, it's a perfectly fine hotel that should please anyone looking for a no-frills stay.

You might find a nicer place somewhere in Daytona, but a better value? That will be a challenge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We got a $45/night manager's special (ocean view on the 3rd floor), and for the price, this motel was excellent. It's right on the beach (literally, just a few steps down) and the pool and sun loungers were right there.

The bedsheets were clean and bathroom decent, but it wasn't 'deep' clean. There was a strong smell of bleach (a little air freshener wouldn't have gone amiss) and the carpet was sticky in several patches - you wouldn't want to walk around barefooted.

Compared to other motels, this was definitely decent and for beachfront, the price can't be beat... just change the carpet and you've got motel perfection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hoteldaytona, Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to see that you experienced sticky patches on the carpeting in your room. This certainly is not a regular experience at our propery. We will certainly look into this. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future!