“it was OK...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Hialeah, Florida
“it was OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time up in Daytona.

Not bad for the price.

I paid $45/night for this place right on the beach. I arrived and checked in and the front desk lady was very friendly and helpful.

Pros/Cons

View:

Awesome view of the water, the pool over looks the water.
No beach view from room

Price:

price Was not bad for it being on the beach.
-The beds were very comfortable
-TV channels sucked. There are only about 5 channels so most of the time I watched the news
-The room was clean, I could actually walk around the carpet and not get my feet dirty.
-The toilet leaked
-Fridge was off when we got there so we had to turn it to max to work
-The A/C did not work properly, we had it down to 64 and it worked but not cool enough to say I was freezing at 64.
-OMG the continental breakfast was the worst. Blueberry muffins, plain bagel and cereal. The coffee tasted like piss water, the milk was watered down and the juice was very concentrated. Worst mini continental breakfast anywhere.

Area:

Lots of restaurants, 7 eleven, gas stations around. Main street is not too far. beware of street parking!!! U HAVE to pay and not the best neighborhood at night... the town is kinda empty at night.

All in all, would I stay again? Yes, would I pay more than I did? No.
It was worth the 45$ but not worth more money. The holiday inn next door looked much classier but who knows what their rates were.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been home for a month now. On our credit card statement, this place keeps adding charges! A charge for $60.98, twice and another charge for $100. We paid our bill when we checked out, so these are beyond our room usages fees.

The general manager and possible owner is Steve. He is claiming that we damaged the room when in fact there was no damage by us. We are in our 50's and 60's. We are not party animals. Our room was used for sleep, not parting it up and damaging the room.

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY!!

• Stayed October 2014
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Checked in about 11 am. The manager was fantastic. Very friendly and nothing was a problem for him. Location was amazing, rooms were clean, complimentry wi-fi, parking and breakfast always a bonus. Would definately recommend a stay here. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014 via mobile

Ou room was very clean, although I found a long hair in my bed that wasn't ours.

When problems arose, the general manager "Steve" (possibly the owner), provided the worst customer service ever. The arrogance and lack of concern for his customers was totally horrendous. He insulted us, raised his voice and was down right rude. We reported him to corporate.

The location is on the outskirts Daytona Beach.

We highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Was there with family stayed for a weekend in aug. nice little place great location very very very clean. Nice pool area , ok breakfast my kids enjoyed the breakfast, friendly staff not like those big places where u are just a costumer, staff here gives you personal attention and call you by your name not just sir or mam , I liked, will go back

Room Tip: Second floor ocean view best....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I stayed here last year and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, so we decided to come back again. We're here for labor day wknd & I've killed 4 palmetto bugs in an hour. I understand that we live in FL, but this is unacceptable. I pay for Orkin to come to my home to prevent this. I can't tolerate this from a hotel I pay my money to stay at regardless of the price. I would love to pack my family up & leave, but at this time of night I simply can't. Stay far away from this hotel no matter how good the deal seems.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The best part of this place is the location, right on the beach!!!!. The hotel is older, but clean. The rooms small, but comfortable. The parking is a little scary...use the lot across the street. Breakfast, nothing to rave about, but free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!