“Beautiful clean...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 108 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful clean...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was there with family stayed for a weekend in aug. nice little place great location very very very clean. Nice pool area , ok breakfast my kids enjoyed the breakfast, friendly staff not like those big places where u are just a costumer, staff here gives you personal attention and call you by your name not just sir or mam , I liked, will go back

Room Tip: Second floor ocean view best....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here last year and was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, so we decided to come back again. We're here for labor day wknd & I've killed 4 palmetto bugs in an hour. I understand that we live in FL, but this is unacceptable. I pay for Orkin to come to my home to prevent this. I can't tolerate this from a hotel I pay my money to stay at regardless of the price. I would love to pack my family up & leave, but at this time of night I simply can't. Stay far away from this hotel no matter how good the deal seems.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best part of this place is the location, right on the beach!!!!. The hotel is older, but clean. The rooms small, but comfortable. The parking is a little scary...use the lot across the street. Breakfast, nothing to rave about, but free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is off the beaten track, North of Daytona Beach proper, but still on the beach. The hotel is clean, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are comfortable and the rates are unbelievable low!! Had a great stay and will continue staying at this hotel in the future!! Only negative was the size of the pool, but it's right on the OCEAN!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were able to check in an hour and half before set time. The room was small but who stays in their room the entire time?? The bathroom had only a shower and it was small but served its purpose. All staff members were very polite and welcoming. The pool and spa were ok for the size of the hotel. The parking is a challenge but there is additional parking across the street.

Stayed August 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

It was a non-smoking room and when we walked in it smelled horrible. Rooms are very small, mattress made noise. Pool and hot tube were very dirty. If u need it for just one night and one night only it's not that bad. Everything is very close and the best part is that u have access to the lovely beach.

Stayed August 2014
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Last minute decision to attend the Coke 400 left my husband and I scrambling and searching for a hotel. Wanted to stay on the beach and most hotels had no vacancies. Almost gave up on the idea of staying on the beach. Never stayed at a Econo Lodge and was not impressed by the photos on the website. However this was the only place I could find on such a short notice. It turned out to be not so bad. Very small and parking is a challenge. Our room was on the top floor in the corner and had a nice balcony. The bed was comfortable and room had a good sized kitchenette.
After the race on our way to the hotel, we decided that when we got there we would take a dip in the pool. As we were walking in to the pool area, we were met by a staff member of the hotel. He informed us that the pool was closed. I mentioned that all their guest were going to be arriving from the race and after a hot day at the races I'm sure we all had the same idea. He then said that there is some kind of city ordinance that regulates hotel pools to close by 11pm...HUH??? I then asked him why the hotels on both sides of us still had their pools open. He said, "I guess they don't mind the risk of getting fined". It's a shame that during special events in Daytona that they don't allow some leniency on this knowing that the races are a huge draw for the area, and that people spending money in their town might just want to cool off in the pool. What's the big deal? Anyway, it wasn't the hotels fault but just had to vent that opinion.
The breakfast was not exciting but when we finally were allowed in the pool, it was enjoyable & relaxing. I'm not really sure if we'll ever stay here again but if we are ever in the same situation, we will know what to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!