“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The best part of this place is the location, right on the beach!!!!. The hotel is older, but clean. The rooms small, but comfortable. The parking is a little scary...use the lot across the street. Breakfast, nothing to rave about, but free.

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is off the beaten track, North of Daytona Beach proper, but still on the beach. The hotel is clean, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are comfortable and the rates are unbelievable low!! Had a great stay and will continue staying at this hotel in the future!! Only negative was the size of the pool, but it's right on the OCEAN!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were able to check in an hour and half before set time. The room was small but who stays in their room the entire time?? The bathroom had only a shower and it was small but served its purpose. All staff members were very polite and welcoming. The pool and spa were ok for the size of the hotel. The parking is a challenge but there is additional parking across the street.

Stayed August 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a non-smoking room and when we walked in it smelled horrible. Rooms are very small, mattress made noise. Pool and hot tube were very dirty. If u need it for just one night and one night only it's not that bad. Everything is very close and the best part is that u have access to the lovely beach.

Stayed August 2014
Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last minute decision to attend the Coke 400 left my husband and I scrambling and searching for a hotel. Wanted to stay on the beach and most hotels had no vacancies. Almost gave up on the idea of staying on the beach. Never stayed at a Econo Lodge and was not impressed by the photos on the website. However this was the only place I could find on such a short notice. It turned out to be not so bad. Very small and parking is a challenge. Our room was on the top floor in the corner and had a nice balcony. The bed was comfortable and room had a good sized kitchenette.
After the race on our way to the hotel, we decided that when we got there we would take a dip in the pool. As we were walking in to the pool area, we were met by a staff member of the hotel. He informed us that the pool was closed. I mentioned that all their guest were going to be arriving from the race and after a hot day at the races I'm sure we all had the same idea. He then said that there is some kind of city ordinance that regulates hotel pools to close by 11pm...HUH??? I then asked him why the hotels on both sides of us still had their pools open. He said, "I guess they don't mind the risk of getting fined". It's a shame that during special events in Daytona that they don't allow some leniency on this knowing that the races are a huge draw for the area, and that people spending money in their town might just want to cool off in the pool. What's the big deal? Anyway, it wasn't the hotels fault but just had to vent that opinion.
The breakfast was not exciting but when we finally were allowed in the pool, it was enjoyable & relaxing. I'm not really sure if we'll ever stay here again but if we are ever in the same situation, we will know what to expect.

Lake City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When reserving the room through Venere I had asked for 2 rooms with 2 queen beds adjoining or as near to each other as possible. It is a very small motel with not many rooms so I figured no matter where we were, we would be close. Venere charged my credit count 2 days before we arrived. Upon arriving in our rooms after check in we found one room had 2 double beds. I called the desk in the evening and the person answering was not very pleasant. She said we could take it up with the manager in the morning, which I did. His immediate response was defensiveness. I agree that he did all he could to keep our rooms side by side and since there were 2 doubles he "upgraded our room to one with a wet bar" which means a sink (but no soap), 4 plates/bowls/cups. The rooms were very clean but linens were old and thin and our mattress cover was shredded and torn all the way around the bed. The other bed was fine. Parking is horrible - there are not enough spaces and no where else to go. The breakfast area had bagels/muffins/cereal and one toaster was broken. It was also very hot in there. We had people pounding on our door at 1 and 2 in the morning the first night. Perhaps drunk and lost?? The doors do not close tightly without a hard push when leaving the room. The saving grace was the proximity to the beach which was excellent and we were granted a late checkout.

Room Tip: Unless rooms can be better soundproofed, I have no suggestions.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Palm Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was prepared to give this place a decent review until I returned home from my stay. I had put in a best rate guarantee and received a room free of charge through choice's best rate guarantee program. However, management decided not to honor the claim and charged me in full anyway.

Upon discussing this on the phone, the manager became quite angry and yelled over me on several occasions before I decided to stop wasting my time and called corporate and the best rate guarantee customer service line. Parking is insufficient and rooms are small but adequate for an overnight.

Still, I would not recommend this place to anybody just due to the obnoxious lack of real customer service. I have read in other reviews people being charged for smoking when they did not smoke as well. Sounds a bit underhanded and nobody needs that when they are booking either an overnight stay or a vacation. This place is giving other quality choice hotels a bad name.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere to avoid issues with surly management.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!