“So far so good! I cant wait to get the rest!” 5 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Daytona Beach North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
London, United Kingdom
“So far so good! I cant wait to get the rest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have made reservations with this hotel for october coming up and so far im in love with the place and staff already. Even though I was a pest and had soo many inquiries and talked Mr. Brian's Ear off he remained so sweet and courteous. From what ive delt with so far i cant wait for my vacation here!!! Ill definatley be posting my stay so stay tuned! :-)

Room Tip: Great Customer Service!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Okay so we get here and they were already rude. We get in the first room and the room was just dissatisfying. It had a sprite can holding the bathroom window up with sand all in the shower. Oviously the room was not cleaned. So we went to the lobby and requested a refund within the first five minutes of being here. He said no refunds so he just gave us a bigger supposily "better" room. (Which it wasnt they just threw in a flat screen.) We get in there and we checko the beds out and there was plain as day nut stains and pee on the sheets. And more pee stains on the pillow. We went back to front lobby and demanding a refund and he said no refunds and put his hands all in my boyfriends face saying "if you have stains on your face its like the stains on the sheets that won't go away"....umm what? Then he jusrt gave us sheets. That was it. And we left. Never in my life have I been to a hotel this nasty before. You have been warned!!

• Stayed July 2012
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms are dirty: The maids do not do their job and leave a note asking for a tip. The first night we stayed I pulled back the comforter and the sheets had sand in them which made me think they did't even wash them. There are two trash cans in the room. The maids emptied one and just moved the other one. Even worse, there was a cockroach in the bathroom.
Half of the employees don't speak english (I say they just don't want to deal with problems). We reserved a smoking room and didn't have an ash tray, after asking for one it took them over thirty minuets to find one for our room. The internet didn't work in our room so we went to the front desk and asked Brian what to do about this. He told us to go across the parking lot and sit on a bench outside of someone else's room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Checked in and wanted to change stay to one night only after finding out that I could have "No VIsitors". Brian at desk said 'It's liability". After that discovery I tried to change from two nights to one and he said - you have to call Booking.com (even though it wasn't paid for and all booking sites go by hotel rules/policies.) I said "Fine" and tried to use 2 credit cards to split payment-Nope Brian said he could not do that either. After complaining and getting nowhere I went to the room only to find that the light didn't work, the tv didn't work, and the refrig/micro didn't work. Room wasn't carpeted, bathroom looked dingy. After I told Brian I wanted to leave and go to Conch House he said "I know what goes on there- they've been busted for meth labs and prositiution. Never in my life have I seen a front desk person so unaccomodating. I've worked in hotels at the front desk myself for 3 years, and every hotel I worked at the philosophy was to make the guest happy. Not the philosophy here. Don't Stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

They fool you by the online pics. The maids half[--] everything. Made one of two beds. Never changed both trash cans. We had half a roll of tp when we got there? They left a note asking for a tip. They deactivated our room keys every day.The water pressure is literally painful. We called to see if they had breakfast before booking and they said yes but they don't.

• Stayed May 2012
Troy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

We had two rooms. One king, one double bed. Rooms have been remodeled recently and were making upgrades to the grounds while we were there. Came with microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv. No hair dryers or irons. Clean, no bed bugs. Beds were comfortable. The best part is the garden and pool overlooking the ocean. Extremely great value. My dbl bed room with three people - $170 for three nights. The owner and manager were very friendly and helpful. This is your basic stay motel, not an high priced Hilton. I will return. Fyi- bring quarters to get your ice

• Stayed April 2012
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My daughter and I wanted to stay on the beach in April and the prices were reasonable. Reviews stated clean and no bed bugs so we took our chances. First of all, when we arrived the credit card machine messed up and we were stuck in the office for 30 minutes while the desk clerk waited for the owner to assist with the machine. The owner treated his employee like he was an idiot for not knowing how to fix it. However, the clerk was nice enough to give us a room closer to the pool for our "inconvenience". A couple of days after returning home, I was looking over my statement online and noticed that the hotel had charged us twice for our stay. I called the hotel immediately and the man that answered the phone said he had to take his daughter to school and would call me back. No call back that day. Called my bank and they have credited the charge while it is investigated. Called the hotel back and was by clerk that all I had to do was fax a copy of my statement showing the double charge. Faxed the copy to them and received a call back from the owner stating they would not reimburse because there is a credit on my statement. I explained that the credit is from my bank because I disputed the charges and per the bank rep he would need to repay the bank as he's been paid twice. He refused to reverse my charges stating that the bank already took the money from him. I gave up and decided to let the bank fight it out with him. He will have to repay as he only has one receipt signed by me. I will NEVER stay here again. Do yourself a favor...pay a little extra to avoid the trouble. If I knew I was going to double pay, I could have stayed at the Hilton!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Daytona Beach North? Share your experiences!