“Best Wings in Town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
tallahassee, fl
“Best Wings in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Love the boiled shrimp here! But the strange thing is that this seafood restaurant has the best chicken wings in town! Give them a try, my husband knows his wings and he agrees. ;)

Visited July 2012

Florida
“My favorite lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you want to "dine," go someplace else. Bay Street Seafood Market is about EATING - delicious seafood, good sides and beverages in big plastic cups, served in an informal atmosphere and mobbed by locals.

The focus is on good seafood - well-prepared and affordable. There are plenty of delicious options - as another reviewer mentioned, the fried shrimp is excellent, the crab cake is quite nice and there's usually a good variety of fresh fish (they always have tuna, swordfish and grouper) available either as sandwiches or plates, fried, blackened or grilled. Another nice option: Get your fish or shrimp atop a big, crisp green or Caesar salad.

Service is speedy and friendly; you stand in line at a counter to place your order, receive a number and have your food delivered to your table. There's a large variety of cold drinks, and beer and wine are available, and you can also buy fresh fish and seafood, chowder and dips to serve at home. (I guess that's the "deli" part.)

This is situated in a little cluster of great little restaurants around the intersection of Bay and Beach streets (Zen Bistro, Tia Cori's, The Mediterranean Experience, Rhokkoh's etc.) and like others in the area, the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. Though the inside is brightly painted with fun pictures on the wall - Johnny Depp FTW! - the seating is cramped and the tables are small.

But who cares, really? The emphasis here is on the food, and it's fantastic.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
daytona beach
“Better places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

When we arrived what I thought was not really a great looking place.We decided to try it because of all of the good comments made.I had called to see if they had outside seating and the woman said we have a deck outside.We sat outside in an area with tables and it was horrible..Dried up grass inbetween the stones on the ground.The smell of garbage from a dumpster outside the fence..Under the tables was filthy and tons of flies to say the least and ants all over. We decided to go inside and sat by the fish refrigerator where they display the fish .The case was dirty and looked terrible. They take shrimp out and weigh it for whatever dish you are having.Needless to say a few times he put shrimp on the scale with no paper underneath each order being weighed..They serve you crushed Ice in plastic cups that they use all the time..They were dirty as well..We ordered sandwiches shrimp salad which were good but the whole atmosphere grossed me out and would not go back again .

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Deland
“Great food...ehhh environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We decided to try this place but almost changed our mind when we drove up. I'm glad we didn't leave. The food was great. I had the shrimp, onion rings and cole slaw. My husband had the Blackened Ahi Tuna, onion rings and rice pilaf.

The shrimp were excellent. Really the best I've had in this area and I've lived here for 3 years. The onion rings were fabulous. I didn't love the cole slaw. My husband loved the tuna but said the rice was just okay.

I didn't think the establishment was overly clean but it wasn't disgusting. The food certainly made up for that.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a gem! It doesn't look like much from the outside but, it was by far the best seafood we've had in the Daytona area. You can taste the love and the food is homemade and fresh. I will be a regular every time I'm in town! The Ahi Tuna, cucumber salad, onion rings and fried seafood platter were all amazing!

Visited June 2012