“This was a great surprise to all of us, but the staff made it a place to return to” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn & Suites

You added Lexington Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Atlantic Resort Ocean Palms)   |
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wasn't sure what this property would be like. It was a great surprise, the rooms were clean and bug free! The cleaning ladys were so super nice to us I almost couldn't believe it. usally the cleaninng staff act like you not worth there time, but here they wanted to make your stay great!! The breakfast was good, they were always filling and cleaning. Great front desk stopped in to ask questions about area and they were more than helpful.
The rooms were so close to the beach you really couldn't have a bad location, but the ones facing ocean and on bottom floor were worth every cent just for the convience of it. The parking is not great at all but if you back in you will be very glad you did when you pull out! i would stay here again!

Room Tip: bottom front is a breat location but not really a bad room location... I wouldn't want to be on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
katgm, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review and recognizing our housekeepers...... it really made their day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am currently staying here with my family and I for Spring Break and little did I know I was in for a huge disappointment. I read the reviews and very impressed...so I said "why not"! I'm not sure if the reviews I was reading came from past guest who aren't really big on being comfortable or quality away from home but my stay currently has been a messed! On arrival day, we were greeted by a male worker that pushed a luggage cart out to us and walked away...no help. I asked if we could be accommodated sooner than check-in since we flew in earlier and I must admit the desk clerk Vera was very polite in trying to assist...I guess. We was put in the room type I had reserved minus the fact it was smoking and had a red stain on the bed linen (which was white) and a used, broken playpen that was left in the room by a previous guest...hmm, I have children, I do not smoke and I have a 3month old baby...so we were moved to another room; another room in which a pregnant manager personally worked hard to clean for my family. I guess the part that really aggravates me is how old and broke down the elevators look...it's actually a sign in the elevator that look as if they were trying to personally remove saying "the elevator wasn't up to code and was in violation with the county. Please do not remove sticker." You have to wait in the elevator lobby with a trash can overflowing with stinky garbage, if too many people are showering, the water pressure I. The shower decreases and oh yeah, they advertise free in-room wifi...well the trick is if the hotel is completely full, you can not connect to the in-room wifi provided....you have to come sit in the small two desk computer space called a "business center" or the lobby, which I am in right now typing this review. I called the front desk so much, but no one knew anything about the cause of my complaints, however I was informed by the desk clerk that works at night only works twice a week so he do not have a clue, everyone is upset because they are under new management and no one has received a paycheck. Also the manager name Kathy is just as clueless as the staff. Please avoid the head-cation and set up your accommodations elsewhere

Room Tip: It's not close to the main attraction Ocean walk and Boardwalk...about 3+ miles up
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and I am grateful that my staff was able to rectify some of you concerns. We do take pride in our hotel and please be advised that all the issues you've raised have been addressed, and that the appropriate actions have been taken.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This property was an unexpected surprise. I was looking for a reasonably priced oceanfront property with a view of the beach. I stayed in room 605 a double/double bedded room. This is an older property that has had recent, significant updating and reminds me of a newer Holiday Inn Express, which is a complement. The décor is similar, as are the amenities.

PRO's:

• Clean
• Solid surface counters and tile in bathroom
• Has micro-fridge combo
• Has pool at the beach (didn’t use)
• Price
• 32” flat screen
• Balcony with ocean view
• Good beds, although the pillows are flat/hard
• Fresh paint
• Friendly staff (Maureen)
• Free wireless worked fine

CON’s:
• Exterior corridors (although has a central access through lobby with elevators)
• Tight parking
• Low water pressure
• Breakfast

WORK AREA
• The work desk was small with no outlets for electronics. Below average lighting. Chairs are made for sitting, eating not working on laptop. In general, this room is not made for “working” which is fine…

Breakfast
• Breakfast was provided in my room rate, but unless you’re starving I would pass. It was overcrowded and had few choices. Two kids cereal choices, one waffle maker, breads and juices.

SCORE: I was very pleased with this property and ended up staying an additional night. For $100.00 it’s a bargain given the quality of room and location. Trust me, spend the extra $30.00 a night over the “cheap” beachfront properties, you will be glad you did.

I would give this property a 90/100 overall and a 96/100 for value. I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your positive review including both the pro's and con's of our property. We look forward to seeing you again!
daytona beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I absolutely fell in love with the Lexinton Inn. From the very friendly and helpful staff to the amazing rooms. There is nothing to complain about from this hotel. Bill Moore and Denise were the best with their hospitality and making feel like you were right at home and just meant to be there. The rooms are amazing, clean, up to date, and have beautiful views of the lovely pool and the beach.They have an awesome hot breakfast with everything you would want to fill your tummys, and once your day is over and its time to settle in for the night the beds are the best so very comfortable. I will never find a place that compared to the feeling I had as a guest there and I will continue to stay here for years to come and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: No tips needed other than book your stay at the lexington
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I loved the view and the heated pool, missed having a jacuzzi and food was lousy. I couldn't find the elevator from my room so I had to use the stairs. I didn't stay long, only 2 days. The desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Got a good price for it during Daytona Motorcycle week. The rooms are clean and large. The bathroom is very nice and updated. Had a lot of motorcycles in the parking lot, but no security for them. The outside is a little old and rusty. The breakfast was pretty good but when I got down at 8:30 most of the food was gone and no one replenished it.
The looks nice but it was to cold to use it. All rooms face the ocean with a nice balcony and 2 chairs to sit down and watch the ocean.
The receptionist was nice but slow. I will go back if I get the same price. ($95 + tax).

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and pool. But the high floors are better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
WELLINGTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Lexington during Dayton 500 week and had a very please experiance. Check in was smoothe, rooms were clean and great view of the ocean ! Staff seemed friendly and courteous at all times. Very easy to get around from this hotel and beach is awesome. Will definitely be back. Continental breakfast was a plus to grab a quick bite to start the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!