“Good family value...friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn & Suites

You added Lexington Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Atlantic Resort Ocean Palms)   |
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Good family value...friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night (thursday) at the end of 3 weeks of traveling with 4 kids. A bit at the end of our rope, we were pleasantly surprised by both the spacious suite with separate master bedroom and ocean view from the balcony. Check in was smooth, even though we booked online less than 10 minutes before arriving at the front desk (mobile wifi in car). Asked about checkout time the next day and the Front desk agent automatically extended until noon.

Obviously in the midst of some renovations, but most appeared to be soft goods and minor exterior facelift issues. Beds were soft, pillows too, a/c worked well but unit in master was a tad noisy. Great beach only steps from the pool area, which was also good but could use a few more tables for drinks, etc. and umbrellas for shade (speaking as a mom). Breakfast was decent, but could use a bit more "polish"...serving spoons for eggs instead of teaspoons, etc. but to be fair we had also just come from a week at Hampton Inns in Charleston and Savannah, so there was a certain level of expectations from the kids. They were thrilled, however, to see the waffle makers.

Beautiful morning spent at the beach and pool, and as we were getting kids out of the pool to leave, the GM happened to pass by. He noticed how much fun the kids were having - and how they didn't want to leave- and asked if a later checkout would help us enjoy a bit more of the day. I was surprised, since most hotels don't offer this, especially on a Friday leading into the busy weekend. Needless to say, his offer of a 3pm checkout was very kind and we happily took advantage of it!

Overall, it was not necessarily "cheap", but there was good value for a beachfront property at the height of summer...and the separate room for parents was priceless!!! Would definitely stay here again as a large family looking for moderate accommodations.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Davenport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

we were here from july 19 to the 21 .Nice staff, clean rooms and very comfortable beds , breakfast room was clean and the attendant very helpful. sally the housekepping do their job very nice and she was very profecional.we will come back again.

Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

we stayed here 8-2 thru 8-4. The previous reviews were helpful and we had no unexpected surprises. The property is still being renovated, with that our room was fresh and anew. Due to a booking error from the main reservations ( will metion later) we were upgraded to a large suite. The pool area was clean and the manager was seen with a vendor talking about some upgrades to some of the flower beds and pool deck. The exterior is still being painted as well as interior parts as well. Our room which I mentioned above had a kitchen, small pull out sofa and 2 queen sized beds. The kids were elated to each have their own bed. There were 2 bathrooms with shower tub and sink vanity area. The master bedroom was nice sized with a king bed and seperate private bathroom similar to the other. The beds slept great with plenty of pillows.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a mix of hot and cold food which was decent and while a little crowded at times it was less expensive then eating out each morning. Don't expect steak and eggs but you should find something edible to eat. Now on to the reservation snafu. We booked directly by phone with Lexington. My wife asked 4 times and was assured that our room was to be an oceanfront, Well when we got our keys we had an oceanview. We went back down to the lobby and explained the issue. We were told that all of the oceanfronts were booked. We said that we did not get what we were to pay for. the rep was so understanding and after working on the issue for over a half hour she upgraded us to a suite even though it too was an oceanview. We settled for the upgrade with the lesser view because the rep went out of her way to make us happy. In this day and age you don't usually receive that kind of service and we were impressed. Overall for the price we were very pleased with the property and the service and cannot wait to go back in the fall. If you can overlook some astetics it is a great property to stay at. I cannot wait to see the total facelift.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly not the main reservations to avoid any problems. We found out that each pro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here in late July 2012. It was AWFUL!!! The room decor itself, is not bad. You can tell it has been updated, and looks nice. The room we booked looked MUCH bigger online. It is not enough space for 2 adults and 2 kids. We had a room with 2 double beds (which was supposed to be queen size beds), an ocean view, with balcony. No kitchenette. Well, there was NO SPACE to put our luggage anywhere! We had to stack it up on a small table and dig through/ rearrange suitcases anytime we needed anything out of the suitcases! The bathroom was SO TINY, when you were sitting on the toilet, your legs were practically touching the bathtub, AND the bathroom door was so warped, it wouldn't close! Not very private! The shower was gross...you could see mildew. The room was very cramped, maybe would have been better/ more comfortable with just 2 people. The "ocean view" (that I paid extra for) was a joke! You could go out on the balcony and crane your neck around while standing in the far corner of the balcony, and get a glimpse of the ocean. What we did have a good view of was the hotel next door, their balconies, and the people on them! Also, from the outside looking up, the exterior near the balconies was crumbling in some areas and did not look safe at all! The corridor/ area outside of our room REEKED like sewage. It was sooo disgusting! You couldn't smell it in the room itself, but as soon as you opened the door, the smell hit you right in the face. The stairs are not lit up whatsoever at night....huge safety issue there! The elevators are old and slow...and look nasty inside! The lobby/ breakfast area is not air conditioned very well...I think they are trying, but eating your breakfast or trying to check in with sweat dripping down your face is not appealing. The manager was very condescending. The breakfast WAS good, and that is the only positive about this place! The parking is a NIGHTMARE!!! Seriously! We left around supper time to get some food and see some sights, when we came back, there weren't ANY spots left on the hotel grounds. The parking is VERY TIGHT to begin with, so when you turn in to park, in the dark, in a poorly lit lot, and you go down the row trying to find a spot and 2 or 3 people turn in right behind you, you are then blocked in until everyone backs out, as there is not any space to turn around. My husband (along with about 6 other angry hotel guests) had to go to the front desk and ask where to park. We were told that overflow parking was across the street at a pizza place. We pulled over there, and I wasn't sure what to do! We then saw a handwritten note posted in the window of the pizza place stating that hotel guests could park there after 11:00pm.....We had been sitting in the parking lot discussing what we should do for about 10min, before seeing that sign. I looked at the clock and it was 11:01....so, before that, if we had wanted to go to our room , we wouldn't have had a place to park our vehicle!! Yes, that place is also next to a strip club....NOT my idea of safe OR family friendly. I was nervous all night about our vehicle being over there, and my husband moved it first thing in the morning, as soon as a space opened up on hotel grounds. There were people (college aged?) blocking the corridor at night, and wouldn't let my husband pass by. They had the door to their room open, packed with people, and appeared to be having a party. The corridors are VERY dimly lit, so we didn't really feel too safe. Needless to say, we were supposed to stay here several nights, but only stayed one night, checked out, and went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express. MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!! I will only stay at the Holiday Inn Express if we go back to Daytona Beach Shores. It was night and day compared to this place!! VERY spacious rooms, PLENTY of space for luggage and spreading out, ALL rooms have a REAL ocean view, balconies are much safer and nicer, the beach in front of their hotel is nicer, free breakfast, EXTREMELY CLEAN, and friendly staff! Definitely pay the extra money to stay there...you WON'T be disappointed. STAY AWAY from Lexington Inn and Suites!!

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were here from July 26, 2012 to August 5, 2012. I honestly can not understand the problems the lady below this review who stayed during the same time frame. Our room was a family suite which is 2 queen beds and a bath in the front room with the kitchenette and balcony and a 2nd private bedroom with a king and a bath. The renovations are very noticeable to those of us that have been coming for over 10 years. The rooms are very nice and the new bedding is amazing. New mattresses makes a hard day of sightseeing a pleasure. We were at the pool and it was not murky, even slightly. Even from our balcony on the 5th floor you could see the bottom of the pool, it was that clean. All the balconies have been redone and the air conditioners don't drain on them any more. Speaking of the air, it was always nice and cold. The water draining onto the steps she is referring to that leads to the beach is water from the shower at the top of the steps thats used to rinse off before going to the pool. As for the dog not being allowed around the pool, they have never allowed it, not any of the previous owners. Folks do bring drinks to the pool but they can not be in glass containers. I would much rather see a can next to the pool than a big pile of dog poo. I have nothing against bringing pets, thats one reason we keep coming to this hotel. We traveled with our dog until 2 years ago when she died. We now travel with our kitty who was with us on this trip.

Now the hotel is far from perfect. My 2 biggest complaints is the parking and we had to keep getting our room keys recharged at the front desk because the would stop working every other day. Yes that is an extreme pain in the butt. Parking can be a major headache because if all the spots are taken you do have to park across the street at a pizza place. And yes it is next to a gentlemen's club. We have parked over there several times, and nothing has happened. Our cars were fine. But again, yes its a bit of a pain. But most hotels in Daytona do have lousy parking. Most of it is very tight. That is the biggest complaints I have.

This hotel offers a very nice breakfast for free. It has everything from waffles (you make them fresh yourself) to sausage, gravy, cereals, pastries, biscuits and assorted juices. A nice way to start your morning.

The pool is very large and warm. There's a lot of lounge chairs and a few umbrellas and tables.

The rooms are very clean with new carpet, beds, fridges, flat screen tvs, couches and table and chairs. There is new paint every where. They have renovated the elevators and they actually run smooth and quick now. We were honestly surprised at how much better the hotel is looking since last year. Last year it was falling down around us. We are looking forward to returning next year.

I will agree with her on one point, the manager. He can be condescending and at times seem very passive aggressive. He forces you to talk to him but the niceness comes across a bit fake. But if the keys, parking, and not meshing with the manager is the worst thing about this hotel, I'll keep coming back. We had a wonderful vacation and that was in part due to the hotel itself. Can't wait until next year.

Room Tip: A higher floor offers the best views of the ocean.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband, daughter,and I stayed in this hotel from July 28 til August 4,2012. The first room they put us in had two full size beds on the first floor. I went to the front desk and told them I booked a room with 2 queen beds so then I was in for a long argument! First I go back to the front desk where I am told they are queen beds like I was too stupid to know the difference. I go back and talk to my husband who was talking to a housekeeper and he told me the housekeeper let him see the beds next door and the beds were bigger. I went back and talked to the manager, Bill? He kept telling me they were queens and I told him I had a queen at home and that wasn't a queen. I guess he has never had any cust omer relations training because he argued with me til he finally agreed to change our room to the one my husband looked at. The room was o.k. The hotel is suppose to be remodeled but it only the carpet and paint. Our cover on one of the beds had something brown on it so I gave it to the housekeeper and used our own. My daughter brought our dog and after taking him to Potty she came to talk to us at the pool and Bill came up to her and told her the sign said no dogs by the pool but I guess that's the only rule they follow because a guy was drinking beer on the pool side and it clearly states no food or drink on pool deck not to mention the pool hours are 6 to 10 but people swan whenever they wanted, mostly kids whose parents wanted them out of their hair so they send them to the pool to tear things up. The grounds were nasty!!!!! Everywhere you turned there were cigarette butts. Or dirty water and mold. The pool was murky. The beach in front of the hotel was gross with nasty water dropping from the deck as you walk down the stairs, the area in front of our balcony smelled so bad at times it almost made me sick. It looked like the sewer was backing up. The absolute worse part of our stay was the shower! It was disgusting! Black mold, the lower part of the shower must have gotten busted so they just patched it and it was moldy! If you go to the trouble of saying you remodeled then by all means replace all those nasty bath tubs and shower stalls! I also had no storage to put my clothes. We lived out of our suitcase because we let our daughter have the only 3 drawers. The parking is pitiful. It takes forever to pull into the tight parking slots if you are lucky enough to find one and if not you are welcome to park your car across the street at the pizza place right next to Biggins Gentlemen Club! Classy!!! Would I stay here again? What do you think?

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 5th floor suite. The view was awesome. The room was huge and clean. The beds are comfy, TV's nice & modern. The suite has a full fridge, pots, pans, dishes, stove top, toaster, free WiFi ect.... The staff was friendly &. Helpful.
I decided to stay an extra day & got a 10% discount since I booked through the hotel & not a travel agent or website. When I went to check out the manager gladly extended my check out from 11 am to 3 pm since the room wasn't booked that day!
I almost forgot the breakfast buffet was great! The kids loved the belgan waffles & biscuits & gravy, they had yogurt, cereal, scrambled eggs ect....
The painters & staff do great job hiding the fact the hotel is under renovations. They must be working during the week, I didn't see anyone painting or any mess.
The elevator needs renovation, if not for the old looking elevator I would think the hotel was much newer!
I will definitely be back! Orlando is only an hour away so we had the best of both worlds... Theme parks & beach life!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!