“Great Place and staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3301 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“Great Place and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love this hotel. It is one of the newest and nicest on the beach. The staff is amazng. So friendly and helpful, just like the manager Joyc. She leads her team by example. My room on the 11th floor was so clean and fresh. I don't know how they keep it that way but I am glad that they do. Breakfast is hot and fresh with lots of choices. Chris ven made me bacon when I asked for it. No request is too difficult at this hotel. Very refreshing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We want to thank you for rating us at the highest level. This tells us that we are doing our job to ensure your complete satisfaction and it informs others that we would be a great choice while visiting the Daytona Beach area. My staff is what helps to make us the best hotel and cleanest hotel on the beach. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great staff from the front desk to housekeeping. Alway helpful and alway willing to go the extra mile to make my stay like a home away from home. The hotel is fabulously located on the beach with every room an ocean view. The property is spotless and well maintained. Kudos to management for hiring people like Haley, Kevin and Alex.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review! Our goal is to provide great value, and superior service to satisfy every guest every time while creating a lifetime of memories. People hate to leave. That means that we have done our job by making sure your stay is as good as it can possibly be so that you never want to leave a little piece of paradise.. I passed on your kind words and will accept your kudos on behalf of my staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you can make it again.
Joyce L. Palm General Manager
St. Thomas, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very friendly staff. We are platinum members and we were upgraded to a beautiful king suite with a kitchenette and separate bedroom. It is an older building but very clean. The housekeeping staff was very helpful, especially Gabby. Breakfast was generally pretty good except for one morning - the pancake maker was empty and things were a little messy. The view from our room was awesome, the Atlantic Ocean. We were on the sixth floor and could see both sunrises and sunsets. We had windows facing both east and west. All of the rooms in this motel have a beach view. Great place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in our little piece of heaven. It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. Gabby is wonderful. It is always good to hear when we exceed a guest’s expectation. We were sorry that you had to leave and are looking forward to your return. Joyce L Palm General Manager
NEBRASKA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I chose this property based on trip advisor reviews, but I've got to say I was quite disappointed with the place.
We arrived early in the afternoon and were told that we couldn't have an upgrade. We are Platinum Priority Club members and are supposed to receive upgrades when the hotel isn't full. There were never more than 6 cars in the parking lot during our stay, and we never saw more than 2 people in the lobby, breakfast room, or pool at any time. I find it VERY hard to believe that the hotel was full. When we asked why we couldn't have an upgrade the clerk's only response was, " They didn't give you one. " ( Whoever THEY are, management I assume )
We didn't care for the regular door on the balcony, instead of a sliding glass door. The front door was very heavy and hard to open. Also didn't like that the hallway in front of rooms is open-air. This caused a draft which would make the balcony door slam shut if you opened the front door. It also allowed the rain to pour into the hall, making it slick and hazardous.
Our room was rather small for a family. The kitchenette area was on the end of the room by the balcony, which seemed odd. There was no bar sink. We also didn't care for the one cup coffeemaker.
We really didn't care for the color of the decor. The walls, bedskirts, and blankets were the awfullest shade of dijon/brown mustard. Not very pleasing to the eye.
Bathroom was small and not functional for a family, especially with the sink inside the bathroom. The door would barely clear the toilet. Toilet was practically in front of the sink, making to difficult to move around. Also didn't care for the towel rack inside the shower, it was very odd and inconvenient.
Ice machines are not located on every floor, and of course, were not on my floor.
We were VERY disappointed that the hotel did not have a guest laundry. We finally had some time to do laundry, but couldn't. A laundry is very much needed at the beach. And NO thank-you, I'm not interested in going to a public laundrymat!!!
The hotel doesn't have a bar, and there are no restaurants close by. The clerk wasn't the least bit helpful in recommending a restaurant. We had to drive around and investigate on our own.
The breakfast wasn't very good. The biscuits were ROCK hard and there wasn't any gravy. I had a real surprise when I bit into the omelette patty. It was empty!!!!!!! We spend 6-8 weeks a year traveling and I have NEVER encountered anything like it!!! There also wasn't any fruit.
The only good things I can say about the place is that it was clean, the towels were fluffy, and the beds were very comfortable. Also nice that all rooms are oceanfront.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we did not achieve our goal of exceeding your expectations during your visit with us. We will certainly be taking steps to correct the situations you have mentioned in your review. Unfortunately, most of your issues are with the physical layout of the building and are things that cannot be changed. My staff should have explained to you that the reason that we were not able to upgrade you to a suite is that you requested a room with 2 queen beds. Our suites are not designed to accommodate larger families as there is only a king and a sofa bed in them. I have instructed them in the proper way of addressing the upgrade issue as we always upgrade our platinum guests whenever possible. We are a select service hotel and do not try to be something we are not. We are limited to what services and products that we offer and are not permitted to have a restaurant or bar on the premises. There are some excellent restaurants within walking distance.
I would like to welcome you back the next time that you are in Daytona but it sounds to me you are looking for more than we offer.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were in Daytona for our son's graduation from Palmer Chiropractic College in December. We chose this Holiday Inn for its location to our son's place. We were very pleased with the accomodations. The front desk employees were very friendly and always wanting to make our visit the best. The breakfast bar employees were always willing to go out of their way. The only room service we requested was for clean towels. They went above their job and made sure we had a good supply of towels. We tried to enjoy the pool and the beach but weather was not very cooperative!
The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is I feel it needs somewhat of a facelift. This will not stop me from recommending or visiting this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do have the best staff on the beach. They are always willing to go the extra step to "wow" the guests and it looks like we did it again. I am sorry the weather wasn't the best this time. It will be better on your next visit!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Holiday in is always my preferred hotel, if I can get a good rate(besides Marriot hotels). Everythign was as expected and advertised. No surprises and no disappointments. Good breakfast, nice facilities, good view of ocean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review.. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It really is all about the view. Not many hotels can boast that all of our rooms are direct ocean front. and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Thanks again for staying with us.
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As previously reported this is an excellent hotel, packing a great value! All rooms are ocean front! Excellent service. Kevin is an staff member, front desk representative, who made every accomedation necessary for our travelling party. His local recomendations were fantastic! The outdoor heated pool was wonderful, when towels ran out, we told Kevin, and they were presented within a few short minutes. Thank you for a very nice stay, I will recommend this hotel, and if I were to visit again, I would stay here....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.
I am so very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at the nicest, friendliest hotel on the beach. We aim to give every guest superior service and a great value while experiencing a welcome like no other. Kevin at the desk is just one of our stars that help to make us the best hotel on the beach.We can’t wait to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront? Share your experiences!