I chose this property based on trip advisor reviews, but I've got to say I was quite disappointed with the place.
We arrived early in the afternoon and were told that we couldn't have an upgrade. We are Platinum Priority Club members and are supposed to receive upgrades when the hotel isn't full. There were never more than 6 cars in the parking lot during our stay, and we never saw more than 2 people in the lobby, breakfast room, or pool at any time. I find it VERY hard to believe that the hotel was full. When we asked why we couldn't have an upgrade the clerk's only response was, " They didn't give you one. " ( Whoever THEY are, management I assume )
We didn't care for the regular door on the balcony, instead of a sliding glass door. The front door was very heavy and hard to open. Also didn't like that the hallway in front of rooms is open-air. This caused a draft which would make the balcony door slam shut if you opened the front door. It also allowed the rain to pour into the hall, making it slick and hazardous.
Our room was rather small for a family. The kitchenette area was on the end of the room by the balcony, which seemed odd. There was no bar sink. We also didn't care for the one cup coffeemaker.
We really didn't care for the color of the decor. The walls, bedskirts, and blankets were the awfullest shade of dijon/brown mustard. Not very pleasing to the eye.
Bathroom was small and not functional for a family, especially with the sink inside the bathroom. The door would barely clear the toilet. Toilet was practically in front of the sink, making to difficult to move around. Also didn't care for the towel rack inside the shower, it was very odd and inconvenient.
Ice machines are not located on every floor, and of course, were not on my floor.
We were VERY disappointed that the hotel did not have a guest laundry. We finally had some time to do laundry, but couldn't. A laundry is very much needed at the beach. And NO thank-you, I'm not interested in going to a public laundrymat!!!
The hotel doesn't have a bar, and there are no restaurants close by. The clerk wasn't the least bit helpful in recommending a restaurant. We had to drive around and investigate on our own.
The breakfast wasn't very good. The biscuits were ROCK hard and there wasn't any gravy. I had a real surprise when I bit into the omelette patty. It was empty!!!!!!! We spend 6-8 weeks a year traveling and I have NEVER encountered anything like it!!! There also wasn't any fruit.
The only good things I can say about the place is that it was clean, the towels were fluffy, and the beds were very comfortable. Also nice that all rooms are oceanfront.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Oceanfront Hotel
- Palm Plaza Oceanfront Hotel
- Hotel Palm Plaza Oceanfront
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, mini-fridges, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Start your day with our Smart Start Breakfast where you can watch the sun rise over the ocean. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as an executive fitness center. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.