“GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT!!! 4 DAYS AT THIS HOLIDAY INN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3301 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Mary, fl.
“GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT!!! 4 DAYS AT THIS HOLIDAY INN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I travel and had 114,000 Holiday Inn Points. I elected to cash them in and spend 4 days away from home with my wife at the beach! WOW!!!! what a great Mini-Vacation....Thanks to Chris (FIVE STAR SERVICE REP)....she put us in the penthouse suite with a beautiful ocean view...so clean you could eat off the floors........wonderful breakfast and entire staff made you feel you we're paying $500.00 a night........great experience and cannot give Holiday Inn enough KUDOS for a quality experience. WILL COME BACK!!!!!! this place is awesome. Thanks for the great stay!

Room Tip: Suites are awesome and incredible value!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your Christmas with us. I am so glad that Chris was able to upgrade you and you had a wonderful time. We are so happy to have such loyal guests, like you and your family! And it’s even better to hear that you always have a good time while staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 days and we throughly enjoyed the hotel, room appointments and hotel personnel. The location was great and the lobby/breakfast area were fantastic!

An associate of the hotel named Kevin was very helpful and professional. I had accidently cut myself and he went out of his way to provide band aids.

We will defintely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for a great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
I am so very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at the nicest, friendliest hotel on the beach. We aim to give every guest superior service and a great value while experiencing a welcome like no other. Kevin at the desk is just one of our stars that help to make us the best hotel on the beach.We can’t wait to see you again.
Fairfield Glade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay. The room #1110 was at the top floor on the very end. The room was quite large and had a fantastic view. All rooms that end in the #10 are the largest rooms on the property. The room was very clean, had a wet bar, microwave and a mini-fridge. There was a separate living room and 2 flat screen TV's. There was a small round table with 2 chairs and a balcony with 2 chairs.

The front desk, housekeeping and management are all very professional and have great personality's, especially Lilly on the front desk.

Although we didn't use it, they offer a hot breakfast in the mornings that are similar to all Holiday Inn Express hotels. There are many other eateries in the area with some that I will mention. The Cracked Egg (across the street) for breakfast and lunch - very good, IHOP and Denny's down Atlantic Ave to the North - both are average, Aunt Catfish's on The River (across the Dunlawton Bridge) Excellent food and Salad bar and a New Golden Corral in Port Orange near I-95 on Taylor Rd that was Excellent also.

If you go take your bathing suit and be sure not to open the front door at the same time that the back door is open, unless you want to have everything blown out of the room.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the 01 or 10 rooms that are on the ends. These are considered to be the large...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. These are exactly the kind of comments that we love to hear. We want to be your only choice while visiting Daytona Beach so it sounds like mission accomplished. We have received many comments about the fantastic view and how onderful the hotel is but we never get tired of hearing more. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of our beautiful hotel. Lily at the desk is just one of our stars that help to make us the best hotel on the beach. We can't wait for your return.
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The team that Joyce and Kevin have at this hotel is AMAZING!!! I stayed at this hotel to attend a Training in the area and they were soooo hospitable! We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor with a spectacular view. The next morning, my colleague and I took a refreshing walk on the beach. This hotel is my favorite place to stay whenever I visit Daytona Beach. Joyce, Kevin, Hayley, Lily, Chris, and Marcus always make me feel like I'm right at home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. My team does rock and they make it very easy to come to work every day. They make me proud to be their manager! Hurry back, we can’t wait to see you again!
Hudson, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I planned to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday. She got to pick anywhere, but since her older brother just moved to Daytona Beach, that's where she wanted to go. I booked the trip at Holiday Inn Express on S Atlantic Ave. My son came over on the last day of our stay because we wanted family photos. My son brought his dog for pics. The mgr. and everyone else who was there saw the dog also. He was there for maybe 1 1/2 hrs. We checked out and when my husband got home we found they added a $150.00 pet fee!!!!! Holiday Inn Express is refusing to take off that charge. I will never stay there again...and they can take back my "priority club membership". Our dog did not spend the night, but we did get some lovely pictures. I will send them to corporate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As we discussed on the phone, our no pet policy that was signed and agreed upon at check-in states that there are to be no pets on the property. We have photos and videos of your dog, in the lobby, on the elevator, going in to the room and on the pool deck. We look forward to having your family return this weekend as you do have other reservations at the hotel, however, please leave the family dog at home.
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The staff was great and very helpful, My husband and I were very impressed with the hotel.
We have stayed on the beach in Daytona several times and was expecting the same as before, old and smelly, but we were very suprised to find a very updated hotel, very clean, great beds, the best night sleep ever at a hotel and the morning view was Spectacular!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It really is all about the view. Not many hotels can boast that all of our rooms are direct ocean front. and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn Express properties all the time and this one would be below average by any comparison but it is on the beach so you can overlook the age of the place and dated rooms so my rating would have been higher if the hotel actually took care of the things that they don't need much money to do. The luggage carts were the worse I have seen in a long time; pneumatic tires that were not inflated enough and really hard to roll when loaded. Elevators that don't stop level with the floors. Rooms where it was impossible to place anything high enough to keep out of reach of kids, noisy frig, etc. The front desk people weren't rude but were apathetic as heck and couldn't answer questions like 'Where is a seafood restaurant?'
I’ve been to at least 50 HIEs and the breakfast is not great but okay; a meat of some sort, egg like substance of some sort, sausage gravy, and biscuits. For the first time ever though, this hotel had no meat one day and instead called the sausage gravy (that they have every day) a ‘meat’ . It’s things like this that bug me when I expect at least the minimum out of a hotel chain. (The breakfast lady was great though). It would be a great hotel for staying on the beach if you want away from the Daytona strip and don't expect much out of the room. They should take care of the little things though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIExpress-DBS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review.
I apologize if you feel that we did not meet your standards of a Holiday Inn Express. We were recently renovated and won an award from Holiday Inn Express about the quality of the hotel. We always have a breakfast meat on the buffett and sometimes two. During slower periods we will only put out one and Sausage gravy is considered a meat. I am surprised that you feel that my front desk staff is "apathetic" as the other reviewers on this site and other sites rave about my staff.I would like you to contact me directly so I can address your concerns in greater detail.

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront? Share your experiences!