I stay at Holiday Inn Express properties all the time and this one would be below average by any comparison but it is on the beach so you can overlook the age of the place and dated rooms so my rating would have been higher if the hotel actually took care of the things that they don't need much money to do. The luggage carts were the worse I have seen in a long time; pneumatic tires that were not inflated enough and really hard to roll when loaded. Elevators that don't stop level with the floors. Rooms where it was impossible to place anything high enough to keep out of reach of kids, noisy frig, etc. The front desk people weren't rude but were apathetic as heck and couldn't answer questions like 'Where is a seafood restaurant?'
I’ve been to at least 50 HIEs and the breakfast is not great but okay; a meat of some sort, egg like substance of some sort, sausage gravy, and biscuits. For the first time ever though, this hotel had no meat one day and instead called the sausage gravy (that they have every day) a ‘meat’ . It’s things like this that bug me when I expect at least the minimum out of a hotel chain. (The breakfast lady was great though). It would be a great hotel for staying on the beach if you want away from the Daytona strip and don't expect much out of the room. They should take care of the little things though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, mini-fridges, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Start your day with our Smart Start Breakfast where you can watch the sun rise over the ocean. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as an executive fitness center. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach Shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Palm Plaza Oceanfront Hotel
- Hotel Palm Plaza Oceanfront