“Perfect beach hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3301 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect beach hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Rooms were great. It's a recently renovated property. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. The whole hotel was super clean. Breakfast was awesome. There's not a better hotel in Daytona to stay at on the beach and I know because I have stayed at some crappy ones here.

• Stayed June 2011

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stopped here for one night on our way to Disney World. We had to have a day at the beach!! This hotel was very nice and clean. We had a room on the 10th floor and LOVED the view! Our room was great! It had a really good A/C, fridge, microwave and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom had the curved shower curtain (which is a must for me) and granite counter tops. There were flat screen tvs. Continental breakfast was excellent, good parking, conveinient to things. The only thing that I didnt like was that the balcony didnt have a sliding glass door. It was a regular door that shut automatically. I like to leave the door open at night so I can hear the ocean. Also, the outside shower didnt work so we had to carry sand in. Overall, we made a great choice on the hotel. I will recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I hadn't had a vacation in 4 years and was so overdue. Julie and Kevin took my under their wing and made me feel like I was their only guest. They gave me a great room (there's not a bad one), met my every need, recommended fabulous restaurants (Cinco de Mayo fun!), called taxis, recommended a top-rate outfitter for kayaking, a talented hairdresser, and jumped right onto (rare) problems when they arose. I needed to change rooms to accommodate a friend half way thru the week, and they were extremely helpful. The gave me a room just 2 doors down to make the move as easy as possible, and gave me plenty of time to make the move and get the original room key turned in.

I can't recommend this place enough. It's away from the crazy core of Daytona Beach which makes it perfect in my opinion. The Cracked Egg across the street is fab for breakfast and lunch. Parking is ample, and every room is directly oceanfront. There wasn't a staff member that I encountered all week who was anything less than personable and caring.

Very nice rooms - great beds, refrigerator and microwaves, balcony with chairs - very cozy. The hotel is well build and you don't here noise from surrounding rooms or even doors closing for the most part. Breakfast was good - normal continental breakfast items plus biscuits and gravy and warm cinnamon rolls.

Thanks Kevin and Julie! You made my vacation memorable, easy and so much fun!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Concerned about picking the right hotel? You should be, because there are some filthy, nasty, terribly conditioned hotels on Daytona Beach & Daytona Beach Shores. However, this is not one of them. This hotel is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. After reading many reviews for lots of the area's hotel, I went with this one as what I believe to be a safe choice. It proved to be more than a safe choice. It is directly on the beach and I believe every room is facing the ocean and have balconies. Our view was awesome and from only the 3rd floor. I think there were 8 or 9 floors in the hotel. It was quiet and peaceful. I'd recommend this hotel. While there, we visited several other hotels just to compare the facilities and the rooms. While we did see a couple nice ones that were fairly comparable, this one was definitely the best overall.

This hotel has one bedroom suites. We did take a few minutes to walk through one. They are a little bigger than their 2 queen bed rooms, but we weren't impressed. They seem backwards as you enter the suite in the bedroom and then move toward the living area where the balcony is overlooking the beach. Unless you get a really good deal or just want an extra bit of space, I'd pass on the suite.

Also, the bathroom could stand a bit more space, but it's not so lacking that it makes the overall experience any less memorable. Rooms have small refrigerators and microwaves. No unnecessary frills to pay for.

Room Tip: All nice views.
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We were booked at another hotel in the area but when we arrived the place was a filthy mess. I called Holiday Inn express and a very sweet girl, Nicole answered the phone. I told her my dilemma and she quickly assured me she could accommidate our needs. We arrived shortly to a smiling face behind the check in desk and a sparkling clean room at a very reasonable rate. Our stay was wonderful, The morning breakfast was great and all the staff were very nice. We will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

After a break from the Daytona area for several years, we decided to go back to see all the changes that have been made since the hurricanes. Trip Advisor reviews helped us make our hotel choice, and this Holiday Inn Express was terrific! Newly renovated and reopened a few months ago, the property is well kept and very clean. Most of the staff are polite and seem to enjoy the guests.
Being a Holiday Inn Express, there is a continental breakfast provided with your stay. It is the usual Holiday Inn fare; there is a beautiful breakfast area which overlooks the beach. Word of warning though--even though breakfast is served until 0930, they stop putting out offerings at 0900, so do not wait to go down! Very slim pickings at 0910, yet the breakfast staff refuse to get out any cinnamon rolls, and there was really nothing left. There were still many guests in the breakfast room and more coming down!
Pool towels provided, but you may have to wait in a long line at the front desk to get them. The only real complaint is that they may only have one person working the desk for check in/check out/pool towels/questions/etc and that may cause long waits at times. Makes you feel sorry for the poor staff at the desk, because they take the brunt of the anger when the disgruntled guest gets to the front of the line!
We would definitely go back to this hotel again.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The hotel is renovated, but the service was terrible. When I first arrived to check in someone was on the phone in the back and it took a long time for someone to come out to the front.to check me in. After I got to my room in the room I called the front desk and no one answered the phone. After several attemps the clerk finally answered and I asked for a couple extra towels because there were only two in my room. The last straw was I had my do not disturb on the door and housekeeping knocked on my door. Hotel is nice but no one seems to care.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront? Share your experiences!