“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel

Save Saved
You added Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   220 Bill France Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)   |
Oak Hill, Florida
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and my husband stayed a few nights ago and it was very clean and cozy. The only problem we had was with our tv but Jessica came to our room and fixed it right away. We will be staying here again shortly thank you for a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
anthony y, Public Relations Manager at Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Another great review for housekeeping! We love this kind of response for the unsung heroes of hospitality!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'd like to say first off that I read all the reviews for this hotel and half of the other ones in Daytona, before booking this one and I was very relieved that I made the right choice!!
I went with the hotel that had the most reviews about the great Hospitality at this location, because ultimately ( to me anyway), that is what it's all about.
Me and my son stayed their from July 10th, to July 16th in 2013, and the service was great.
First of all we arrived in Daytona way ahead of schedule and it was 6 hours to check in time, but when I called the hotel to ask just what was the earliest I could check in, Jennifer was more than accommodating, and told me she had a clean room waiting for us right then, which was more than good after the 18 hour drive from Dallas. Then after staying the first couple of days, and being out on the beach, the rain set in and stayed the remainder of our visit. Well, this left my son with not much to do except play his play station, but being on the bottom floor, at the back of the building, he kept getting kicked off of the wifi, Just like some of the reviews stated.
This however was not a problem, as I made a trip to the office and spoke with Anthony, who proceeded to go above and beyond what I anticipated to fix the problem. Anthony first provided me with several keys to several different available rooms and told me I should take my laptop, and my sons PS to each room and decide which one we liked the best. But before I could check out more than two rooms, Anthony called and told me he had just cleared the perfect room and wanted us to check it out. Well the room was great, it was an upgrade, and we felt like we were getting royalty treatment.
What it all comes down to for me is, You can read a lot of reviews from complaining people about, the place was really cramped" Well it was exactly the size that the room details said it was. And if you want a suite at a Disney Resort, than be prepared to shell out $150 to $200 per night. Otherwise get a great place, for a great rate, with everything you need, in a good neighborhood, and great people like Anthony and Jennifer, and quit complaining!!! As for me and my family, We have booked another stay at the Lakeland Location for Christmas time, and I'm confident we will receive the same service....
Al Cameron/Dallas,Texas

Room Tip: Higher Floors near the front do have better wifi reception.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive review. You were a pleasure to have and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

nice hotel, Jenn was very helpful. We had a great time in Florida, and part was due to the great hotel staff. Would have liked a hot tub, but they did have a pool. They cleaned our room every day which i did not expect because it was a extended stay.
Hotel was close to everything we needed.

Room Tip: Would have liked a hot tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Another great review for the Suburban Front Desk team!! Awesome to see that kind of response. We hope to see you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We hadn't decided to go to biketoberfest until the last minute. Found this hotel online.Showed up early on Saturday and Jen at the front desk did everything in her power to get us in early. The place was clean and very accessible to everything going on in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
anthony y, Guest Relations Manager at Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. This is the reason we work in this industry!

Garden Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel needs allot of work. We asked for blankets. We received blankets with cigarette burns and stains on them. No coffee ever available at the front desk. We were there during Biketoberfest. They charged $35 a day for the first 2 days and $129 a day for the next 3. Felt ripped off. Rooms weren't cleaned; sheets are only changed once a week.

And we had to pay $5 for parking our trailer in the back lot; which was nothing but a field with high grass. Maybe they wanted the $5 for new blankets. Yeah right! The shower nozzles almost put enough pressure to take a shower.

When the rooms were painted; they painted everything; light switches, lights, trim.

And to make it worse; we checked out today and they charged us $35 for 1 day and because I called and added a second room; we were charged $125 for that room.

I've been a Choice Hotels Diamond Elite member for many years and I assure you I WILL NOT stay at this place ever again.

Think twice before you make a reservation..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
anthony y, Manager at Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I wanted to personally apologize for any inconvenience you had during your recent stay at the Suburban Extended Stay Daytona Beach, and address some of the issues you had and see if we can rectify them with you. First the issue with stay over service, normally a Suburban hotel does not provide service for a stay less than 7 days. However this rule was waived during this time frame and you should have received service. If you did not get service this is our fault and we assure your we are sorry about this. Second Coffee is provided at desk from 6am-9am. We will always make an extra pot at a guest request no questions asked and always have extra packs for room. If you had requested this and were denied this is not acceptable. Third the price. We completely understand that the price was higher than normal for the weekend. We have to charge more based on the demand in the city. The average rate for all 106 hotels in Daytona Beach was $140 for the weekend. We feel that the price you paid was fair based on supply and demand for the weekend. Fourth, charging for trailer parking is standard in the industry. We felt a price of $5 dollars per day was extremely fair as some hotels carry a cost of $20 per day just for cars. I want to assure you that your complaints are all valid and were heard. We are working hard to turn the Suburban Extended Stay into a viable stay destination for all consumers in Daytona Beach, and reviews will help us in this. We hope that your stay will not affect future business with Choice hotels. If you would like to contact me regarding your stay you can reach me via email or office line 386-274-4200 any time. Again thank you for your business and your review and we hope you had an excellent Biketoberfest weekend.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This property is safe, peaceful, close to important stuff in the area.
I got a job offer in Daytona and couldn't get an apartment immediately. I had to live there for 5 weeks and my experience was marvelous due to the excellent customer service i received.
Tony the manager was extremely friendly and great, he recommended a couple of apartment complexes that were safe.
Emmanuel Usha the housekeeper was EXCEPTIONAL. He made me feel at home from day one. He was always there when I had questions or needed help with anything.
Being new to the area, I always still pass by when i need help and advise on anything.
I would always recommend this property to anyone due to the hospitality of the staff

Room Tip: The rooms that face the East(Pool Area) have the morning sun coming into the rooms in the morning. t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
What a great review. You were a wonderful guest and we loved having you hear. Another great review for the unsung heroes of hospitality the housekeeping staff.

GOOSE CREEK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

You're very close to everything in the area. The place is nice and would be a really good place to stay for a week or so. I stayed just a night while looking for apartments in the area. My only misgiving is that I was in a room directly adjacent to the pool. This made for it not being so easy to nod off because the pool was being occupied in the later hours by kids.

I mean, otherwise, it's fine. The furniture is a bit dated, true. I did see some bits of mold in the shower. But you know, I've seen much worse. Great deal for <$50.

Room Tip: If you want to get some sleep, avoid rooms within earshot of the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the great review. We pride ourselves on great pricing and service. Thanks again hope to see you again soon.

Suburban Staff

Been to Daytona Beach Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!