“Very comfortable, well run & great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable, well run & great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My group got a corporate rate of $90/night (including breakfast) which suggested to me that this was not going to be a great experience. I was expecting a cheapo, budget hotel; but it wasn't at all.

The lobby is appealing and I couldn't fault our room. It was large and had a very comfortable, king size bed. The only thing missing for me was an in-room safe.

The breakfast was good. You can order freshly prepared eggs any style. Free high speed internet was a nice feature.

They also provide a free shuttle bus that takes you anywhere within a 2 mile radius. That's nice so you don't have to drink and drive when you go for dinner! Unfortunately there's not a great choice of restaurants nearby unless you like chains. We tried the Olive Garden, which is 2 mins walk away. They served a tasty, reasonably priced dinner for our group of 10.

The hotel is right next to the world famous speedtrack, but unfortunately we didn't have time to visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have nothing negative to say about The Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach .On a recent trip to Daytona Beach to move our daughter into Embry Riddle we reserved a room at The Hilton Garden Inn. We were greeted by a very friendly and more than accommodating staff member at check-in and after traveling 17 hours by car to get there this was very comforting! Speaking of comfort, we were upgraded to a beautiful junior suite with the most amazingly comfortable bed we ever slept in! The room was very spacious and immaculate! All of our questions and requests were addressed with a smile and the utmost professionalism! On top of all that we got a discount for being members of the Embry Riddle family....great perk! We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in town and highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone traveling to Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: We found the hotel to be very quiet, in general. And our room was next to the elevator! Noise was ne...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I walked into this hotel in the afternoon to book a room for the night. I was traveling from Orlando and did not want to drive back that evening but instead rather spend the night out. I went up to inquire about a room night and the front desk associate Cadalia was very short with me. When I inquired about a specific rate she stated "No" to inform me that it was not available. I asked if I could speak with a manager and again she informed me "Nope" with a nasty attitude. I understand things won't always be available and that the answer cannot always be Yes but the tone and body language of this associate screamed that she was not willing to work with my needs as a guest. I work in hospitality and am a manager at a hotel. I would never allow my associates to speak to guests this way. Instead of speaking with her to look into other rates I determined that I would never stay at this property and instead decided to find alternate accommodations where I would not be treated so rudely at the first moment. I often recommend hotels to guests traveling to Daytona from Orlando and I will be sure to insist that my guests do not stay here simply because the attitude of the front desk staff generally speaks for the level of management they have running the hotel and how the property will operate as a whole. I hope they are able to change this attitude quick or they will be in for a rude awakening when more and more people walk away based on her body language and tone.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was put in this Hilton Garden Inn by a company. I don't usually stay with this chain because the price of breakfast is ridiculous. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and clean(yay for all Hilton family beds!), and it was convenient to everything in Daytona Beach but the actual beach. It felt very new. I would highly recommend this hotel for those that want to be near the airport/racetrack/Embry Riddle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
West Columbia SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were on our way back from Orlando- Disney to be specific- and decided to stop in Daytona Beach to let our 4 year old see the ocean. Well after getting there of course he wanted to get in the water and sand sand eerywhere. To make a long story short- we decided to spend the night in Daytona and this hotel was aailable. The serive was awesome. I was greeted with such pleasure and given bottles of cold water and fresh baked cookies. The entrance was so beautiful-it was like welcome home- especially because were so dirty from being at the beach. We stepped into an immaculate room- big open space especially with an ACTIVE 4 year old. It was so nice- we relaxed the remainder of the evening -We could have spent the entire day in that bed, what a great night sleep- we wanted to take the bed home with us! We woke up to an exceptional breakfast buffet- grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, made to order omelets and belgian waffles, and other great varieties of foods. The cook was great-I can't recall his name but my husband gave him a tip- he said that was the best omelet he had in a very long time.The chef worked on Sunday, July 24, 2011 for breakfast. I say this because one of the other guests said that the chef on the previous morning did not know how to cook.It was definitely a great ending to our family vacation!!! We will be back!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

It is nice and clean. Right next to the airport and across the street from the NASCAR track. There are slot of eat places around and the mall is also across the street. However none of these places would be safe to walk to due to the heavy traffic and number of lanes you would have to cross.

• Stayed February 2011
WPB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This annoyed me so much i had to write a review.

This is a nice Hotel, however, I went to the Lounge 2 nights in a row to watch the NBA finals and the bartenders would not consider changing the channel from "Dancing with the Stars". There was a full bar and we were told to go watch an old TV on the other side of the room. Bar stools are limited but they had no problem using one of them to sit and watch there show. God forbid you need a drink and have to interupt there show!! I was ready to spend some money and watch the game but wound up going back to my room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport? Share your experiences!