My husband and I only spent one night in the hotel on our road trip, so we may have gotten to enjoy more if we had spend more time.
Our room was very nice. Since it was our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with jacuzzi. We did not like the layout of the room. We are from Chicago so when we stay at the ocean, we like to practically sleep there. The bedroom was in the back and far from any windows. The living room was facing the ocean, but that's not where we wanted to sleep. Since it was just the two of us and for only one night, the extra space was not worth it. Other than that, the rooms had a lot of space, they were modern and very clean.
We did try to take advantage of the jacuzzi, but when we tried there was no hot water. We tried the other faucets in the room and there was no hot water at all. I tried calling the front desk from the bedroom and the phone didn't work. When I finally got through from the living room phone I was told that the entire hotel was having a problem and there was no hot water. The hot water resumed sometime in the night because we had it in the morning.
There did not seem to be a lot of bars/restaurants in the area so we had dinner and a few drinks at the hotel. It was nice space but closed off from the outside and again we are there to see and hear the ocean. We had two bartenders and one had no personality and the other just seemed slow. I was not impressed with the food, but my husband liked his.
The next morning we ordered room service which was very good and then we were on our way.
I would recommend this hotel, but warn people not to bother with the jacuzzi suite and find somewhere else to go for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, refrigerators, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool and tropical courtyard where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Seaside Oceanfront Lounge. Start your day in our Seaside Cafe where you can enjoy breakfast outside on the veranda and watch the sun rise over the ocean, end your day by relaxing with cocktails and one of our many dinner specials. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as a beautiful ballroom with views of the ocean. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Daytona Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Holiday Inn