“Nice view - but...” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ballerup, Denmark
“Nice view - but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had several issues during our stay here in March. First we got a room with extremely high noise from a unit that literally made our walls vibrate. We moved to another room, and unfortunately had the second bight of sleep ruined because of young people running round and being loud.
Service in reception was poor t not existing. Service in the restaurant was great...

Room Tip: Ocean side....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I have read your review and I'm very concerened about your comments. I can see that you stayed here in March, but I don't know what room you stayed in or your name. If you would please take the time to call me at 386-255-5494.Because we don't find this review acceptable and up to our standards, We wouldalso like to take care of the problem so another guest doesn't experience the same issue. I hope you will give us another try to show you that we do have fantastic customer service through out the hotel, I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in the dinning room.I appreciated your comments and will look forward to your call.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. I was very impressed with how clean and modern the rooms were...looks like it went through a recent remodeling. Great direct access to the beach and an outdoor pool. A great restaurant with good breakfast buffet. I had dinner on my last night sitting outside on the porch facing the ocean. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: You will have to ask specifically for a room on the ocean side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We are so happy you recognized the cleanliness of our rooms our houskeeping staff works so hard to make sure all our rooms are clean and ready for the next guest. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your meals in the Cafe. We look forward to your next visit to Daytona Beach and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Huber Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a two night stay which was great from check-in. We were able to check in early since we arrived earlier than anticipated. The room was very nice and clean. Housekeeping staff was very accommodating. Our view was fantastic. The location was great. Close to everything and quiet nice pool area. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the restaurant and Jamison provided us with excellent service! He was great. We would definitely come back and stay here again. A big thanks to all the employees we had contact with.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean view room. The view is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We're happy to hear that our team could accommodate your early check in. It's real nice when a guest compliments a team member.I' happy Jamison took such good care of you during your dinner in our Bistro, Jamison is a new employee and it makes me happy to hear great things about a new team member. Thank you for taking the time to to let us know our staff is taking care of our guests, it's always nice to hear great things about the team members, especially a new team member. We hope when you travel back to Daytona Beach that you will stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit, hope to see you soon.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Jannett was fantastic, friendly and prompt. The hotel is nice and has a good location. They even let us do laundry when we needed it!

The only downside was that we booked an ocean view room which was given away because our flight was in late, but we had specified an arrival time at the time of booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I was very concerened when I read this review and the part of the review that said we gave your rooms away so I did some checking and I saw you had two rooms during your stay and they we're both made under the booking code of a cstn which means any type of room in the hotel. I see you had one room that was an oceanfront King room that was an upgrade and a cityside room with two queen beds. it disappoints me to see that we didn't make you completely happy with your stay. Next time your comming to Daytona Beach please feel free to contact us directly at 386-255-5494, so we can make sure you have the type of rooms you really want. Hope to see you again real soon.

Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Originally we had a three night stay booked at this hotel but we extended it to 6 nights because we were so happy with the service we received. Thank you Neil & Ria for taking care of us! And especially accommodating our needs by keeping us in the same, great room. (610) You both rock! And thanks for the extra friendliness Neil! For giving me your own quarters so I could finish my laundry, you definitely go the extra mile to satisy your customers. A high five to housekeeping. No complaints here. Our room was fresh & clean every day of our stay. Overall we had a great experience & the location on Daytona Beach is nice. The food is really good also, our only complaint is that it took a very long time to get our breakfast every morning. A tip for other travelers...order room service! It's faster & tastier. Add a spa & children's activities & this hotel would be like a resort.

Room Tip: Order room service for breakfast, is faster & tastier!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It is so nice when team members get's mentioned in a review on Trip advisor, I'm so happy Ria & Neil could give you the service every guest deserves, also happy to hear your room was fresh & clean, We hope when you return to Daytona Beach you will choose to stay with us again, we look forward to your next visit.Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our team is taking care of our guests.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I put my family up for spring break while I worked and the property was fabulous. Spanking clean beach hotel, you don't find that often. Housekeeping...outstanding. Food and Beverage...outstanding. Ria, Wesley, and Leah at the front desk are so customer oriented it's amazing. They just make it happen Such a pleasure to walk into the lobby and know they really mean it when they say Welcome to our hotel.
This old road dog highly recommends this property!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
It is so exciting to read reviews like this when I know how hard everyone has been working for the first three months of the season,it makes me proud to be the General Manager of this hotel knowing this team can be busy for weeks on end and still give our guests the best customer service during their stays. I thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our team members by name,everyone here works very hard to make sure our guest is getting the best hotel experience. We hope to see you again real soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for my spring break holiday and found the freindliest staff, miss Jannette, who worked on the fifth floor, kept the place, clean, neat and smelling heavenly. I had such a great time there I did not want to leave...the beaches were beautiful, I had such a great time I want to recommend this place to everyone!!! you'll certainly get your money's worth staying at this hotel and a wonderful exprience to cherish!!!
Sandy

Room Tip: beautiful view closer to the beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
This review makes me smile because as the Gm here at this hotel, it is so nice to see that the housekeeping staff be recognized.These ladies and gentlemen keep our property tidy & clean and usually don't get recognized by name in these reviews,however the majority of the reviews do say our hotel & rooms are clean which is the core of this business,after hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with me & my staff and I will definetly make sure Jannette is aware of your compliment. We hope you will stay with us again when returning to Daytona Beach .

Leah Klindt

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!