“Great Bike week stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Bike week stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during Bike week and very much enjoyed every minute. The entire staff was very nice and accommodating. The front office Manager, Lisa was an absolute sweetheart. She helped me out with Priority club on a few occasions which allowed me to use points during the event week. Awesome!! The facility was nice and very close to Main Street it was also handy to have the restaurant and lounge on the premises. The hotel was packed during bike week and yet you wouldn't know it due to the great staff.
Thanks to Lisa and her staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We're so happy to hear that our southern hospitality is shinning through.The entire team here at the Holiday Inn on the Ocean strives to make sure all of our guests are happy ones and we're glad all of us could make your stay worth writting about on trip advisor. We look forward to you returning to our hotel, when you come back to Daytona Beach. Biketoberfest will be comming soon in October hope to see you then.

Leah Klindt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Daytona Beach duriing Bike Week. We would like to Thank Lisa for her great service, caring attitude and basically being a great person :-) She really made our stay special...along with a few bikes of course. We are looking forward to our stay here for next bike week.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room it is worth every penny!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for letting us know Lisa is a gem we know this here at the Holiday Inn, Lisa and her team in the front office do a fabulous job in making sure our guest get taken care of. We thank you for your compliments about are staff and look forward to your next visit.

general Manager
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I spent 4 nights there during Bike Week. They were exceptionally cordial to all the bikers. The room was updated, roomy and modern. It was perfectly located to keep you close to all the action but far enough away to allow for a break from the noise. A well kept secret is their restaraunt. The food was excellent and the beer was always cold. The restaraunt and bar staff were friendly and knowledgable. The front desk team was friendly and exceptionally helpful as well. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and was a little skeptical in staying here but it was the only game in town due to my late attempt at finding a room. Good thing I stayed here, it was a pleasant surprise. So much so, i'm going to stay here every year going forward.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I'm so happy our team here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites surprised you with our service & hospitality, in our Bistro & Bar. I was also glad to hear that one of our reservation agents was able to find you a room. We look forward to your next visit to our well kept secret. Call in advance and make your reservations at 386-255-5494.We're happy you had a nice time and I will share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay it let's us know what we're doing right and what we might need to work on. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in the front desk was efficient and my room was clean. The view is spectacular... But what really makes this hotel great was the bistro ... Patty and Anita were the most friendly and welcoming people... The food was excellent and I felt at home here ..
I mean if u can go there when patty and Anita are on stafff your extremely lucky! I've been here with my wife before last year and to come back to familiar faces who are welcoming efficient knowledgable and sweet by nature I can tell you I will always come back here while on business and on vacation..

• Stayed March 2013
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
It so exciting to see team members mentioned by name Patty is a long time fixture here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and Anitia is a new commer with the same customer service skills, we're very happy you came back to our hotel this year and found everything including your food service up to your standards, the Bistro's food is very good and good food good service means repeat guests, we're also happy you found the front desk staff and housekeeping team to have the same outstanding service skills. We look forward to you returning again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel &staff.

Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent time , Hotel is located in the perfect location to the downtown bike week events within walking distance or take the bus ride all day for $3.00. Rooms were very clean and in excellent working order, breakfast was amazing , didn't use the pool just a little too cold but the beach was nice and right in their back yard. Staff were all more than willing to make our stay the most enjoyable as possible from checking in to giving directions and making dining selections THANKS Neil.One characteristic that makes your stay memorable is the way you`re treated by the staff and this place has that hands down! We'll be back THANKS Neil.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm so glad to hear that the staff & the hotel met your expectations and it's also fantastic to hear you'll be back, for a repeat visit. Your review is right on the money it takes a great staff to have a successful hotel that guests want to come back to. My staff & I would like to thank you for taking the time to extend your compliments. I will will post this review for Neil & our staff to read.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I picked this hotel based on the review from tripadvisor. My stay was great however, I cannot rate this property as perfect due to several issues. My first issue is that upon check-in I gave the gentleman my name. He proceeds to ask me if I am at the right hotel. My last name is very uncommon; maybe you should have asked for the spelling before you assume that I do not know where I am! The second issue has to do with the restaurant on site. Again it was chosen due to the greate reviews. Our waitress the first night was horrible! She could not answer simple questions regarding the menu and she refilled our water glasses periodically without asking us if we ever wanted anything to drink other than water. The parking in the hotel lot was very limited due to the beginning of Bike Week, but there is an overflow lot across the street. The positives include the room was enormous and so was the bathroom. The room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. The view of the ocean and the pool was awesome. The steaks at the at the bistro looked very appetizing. The breakfast was amazing! Kudos to the remainder of the staff they made up for the horrible experiences on the first night. Overall I would stay at this property again. In addition, this location is also walking distance to lots of eateries including my favorite Starbucks!

Room Tip: To maximize your experience I would choose an ocean view room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I was very disappointed to read this review this morning, but I have already discussed your check in concerns with the team member that checked you in on how he should handle not being able to find a guests reservation upon arrival. I also adressed your comments about the team member in the Bistro with our food and beverage director, he has already talked to your server about the lack of service you recieved. I was glad to hear you liked your room and that you recieved good service & a good product for your breakfast needs in our dinning room. My team tries very hard to make sure all our guest recieve great customer service so your review was helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we might need to work on. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Daytona Beach. Thanks again for your comments & compliments.

Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Being a business traveler, you might think this would not be the ideal time to visit Daytona....This hotel makes that way of thinking go away. They have upped their staff levels to accommodate the full house of guests. Front desk staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in and patient enough to give you the most complex of directions. The rooms and public areas were immaculate. Service in both the bar and restaurant was impressively quick and food was excellent. Carrot cake is the best that I've ever had (Check with Patti the bartender...its her recipe). Overall it was an excellent 3 day stay and I will be back in 6 weeks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
That's what we like to hear No Problems, I'm happy my team could accomodate you during this busy time. & still make your visit feel special. As for the food and desserts they are quite tasty & most of them are homemade haven't tried carrott cake but most of the food I can vouch for. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will see you soon, thanks for taking the time out of your day to let me know how we did during your last visit with us glad to hear you'll be coming back.

General Manaager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!