“very very dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront

You added Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Conch House)   |
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Columbus, Georgia
“very very dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We went there for one night and couldn't stay there for longer. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk was nice, but they just didnt know what they were doing. They gave us the wrong password for internet and they didn't even realize it until someone came from the back room and correct them...it took more than 30 mins. The room was smelling like bleach and the room was very dirty as there were sand everywhere. there were blood in the toilet and there's no extraction in the bathroom so it was really hard to breath when you are taking a hot bath or shower. Though, the location is really nice. close to everywhere you need to go. and just a few steps from the beach. very basic place...if you have low budget that mind not be a bad choice. fyi, the internet is very very slow....you can barely use it. so I would they there's no internet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry that you had unpleasant issues during your stay. As we strive for cleanliness, you should not have had a sandy room or one that wasn't sanitized. I do apologize for the overpowering bleach smell. The room should have had time to air out before being rented. The internet is now fully functional and isn't lagging. We understand how very important it is to be able to access the internet when traveling so we provide free wi fi for all of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our location as we are walking distance to various restaurants and entertainment. On your next trip to Daytona, we would love for a return visit and a chance to give you the stay you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I went there bout a yr ago with my boyfriends parents for the Bethune Cookman homecoming. The front desk was area was nice and welcoming and so was the lady who greeted us but the room....whole different story. Tub had brown rust stains, the room had a funny smell, the tv had the staticy noise every time you'd turn it on and the lights were dim all the time. But we were 5secs from the beach which was a plus. But one last thing i hated was the noise of the planes and the drunk teenagers, couldnt rest at all. So an ok hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Try not to get one thats right at the corner of the parking lot. Try to get one behind it.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ConchGM, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for returning to the Conch House this year, I am sorry that there were items regarding your stay that were unsatisfactory. I am happy to hear that my staff took care of you with the level of customer service we strive every day to provide, and hope that you still chose to stay with again next year when you come to Daytona. We do our best to ensure everyone's stay is comfortable and we take all reviews good and bad very seriously. We thank you for letting us know what we need to improve upon, and will work to make that happen. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your business.
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I travel quite a lot each year. I was needing to spend just one night on the daytona beach A1A area. I found a great rate at this hotel (the Conch house) for 39.95 a night through a hotel coupon book offered at the Florida Welcome Center. I called at 11:45 for availability and the phone rang busy from that time till 730am Friday morning. When I got there, they had availability and even upgraded me for free to a double queen ocean view room. The receptionist was younger, well knowledgable , and very pleasant.
The elevators were out for quite some time (rusted in many spots), and the stairways had quite abit of dirt, ciggarette butts, etc. As I entered the floor... I noticed a horrible stench that lasted the entire trip. Some rooms didnt have room numbers on the front of the doors. When I found my room, and walked in, I noticed the door was not secure, there were ciggarette burns in the comforter on the bed, the phone was dead air (which i had to call the front desk twice and told them about the phone.. they did nothing about it.), the balconey railing was wobbly with extremely dirty chairs, and the carpet.. oh my the carpet was beyond filthy! The rooms were not clean, just wiped over. And through out my 24hour stay, there were 2 housekeepers that spent a lot of time on their cell phones talking loudly in the next room. There was some outlets that didnt work at all as well. I dont feel that the rate of this hotel should be what it is... It needs closed down and remodeled then open again. I will never stay there ever again and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Honestly, the only tip I have is to go on www.hotels.com or www.tripadvisor.com and read reviews...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
We have just reopened as a Super 8 and took over by new management within the last year. All of our rooms are remodeled. We hope you decide to try our hotel. Thank you.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

i enjoyed my couple of days here at this motel. the rooms were very pretty and loved the huge pool. the staff was very kind and helpful to me. very nice motel.

Room Tip: get an upper floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tadley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The location of the hotel is excellent, the beach is on your doorstep, so are various clubs, bars and eating establishments. During Biketoberfest you do not have far to get to Main St. where much of the action happens.

I agree with other people that the room I stayed in and hotel is a little tired, but that is far outweighed by the cleanliness and excellent room service. The staff are very accomodating to all my needs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've stayed at the Conch House about 6 times in the last 5 years. I stay here because it is cheap and within walking distance to the boardwalk (about 1/2 mile). The rooms are old and outdated but always clean. The outside of the building leaves a lot to be desired, but you don't spend time at the property much anyways when in Daytona. If you plan on spending any time in your room pay a little extra for an ocean view/ocean front room, the parking lot view isn't exactly scenic. I've encountered staff there that is freindly and helpful as well as staff that is uselss and dumber than a bag of rocks. On one stay a few years ago I asked the girl at the front desk where a good place to order pizza from out be. She simply told me she had no idea, couldn't even spit out a number for Pizza Hut. Great place to stay if you want a clean, close to attractions place to sleep, not the resort you want to spend all day at, though.

Room Tip: Pay a few extra dollars for ocean view or ocean front room, the parking lot view leaves a lot to be...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have been staying here for the last two weeks or so and have yet to encounter any of these horrible unpleasantries that everyone else is ranting and raving about. Sure, the hotel shows a bit of age but the service is outstanding and for the value, you cannot beat it. The AC blows ice cold, towels and other toiletries are available upon request and best of all, they're pet friendly. The pool is well-kept and beach access is a few steps from our room. The staff is super friendly and will go above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ConchGM, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for your patronage. We truly value our repeat guests and look forward to your return stay.

Been to Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!