“Good Value for price paid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Conch House)   |
Ranked #63 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
lakeland, florida
“Good Value for price paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Service was abouve par----room was average,to good considering right on beach (if your looking for spotless don't stay on the beach)---location couldn't be better --- loved that could walk out of room to the pool & the beach

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
ConchGM, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
I am so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We certainly appreciate the positive feed back and hope you have a chance to come and visit us again. Please give the hotel a call directly and mention that you stayed with us before and we would be happy to extend to you the best available rate as a repeat customer. We enjoy seeing familiar faces and look forward to being your Daytona beach destination again soon. Thank you.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My fault for not reading the reviews first. #1-The check-in lady was more concerned with the Chinese take out than paying attention to us. #2-Sketchy people around!! Guys hanging out in the parking lot asking for some sort of "business." #3-Rooms are FILTHY! I didn't want to touch anything. Trash behind the furniture. Clump of hair in the bedsheets. #4-Noise was horrible! I get that it's Spring Break, but I heard everything in the parking lot, in the hall, and down the street. #5-Parking is very limited. Didn't feel the car was safe.

The kicker is that the location is next to the Plaza and a couple of other great hotels. Location alone is great, very central. Walking distance to the boardwalk & shops. But the quality of the place is NOT worth the money I paid. Stay far far away!! I agree with the person below that said it needs to be demolished pronto.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife, sons, and I stayed last year and it was our best beach experience ever. The rooms were not the ritz carlton, but its a small beachfront hotel catered to a tigh budget. Ebony the desk clerk was the greatest. We are going again this year and look forward to the stay. Being on a drug metro task force in my home state, I got no weird feelings walking to our room. Hey guys it's Daytona...Party and get over it..lol

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ConchGM, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Customer service is very important to us here, and I am so happy to hear that you had a positive interaction with out front desk staff. We take pride in our jobs and always try to do what we can to assist our guests and make their stay enjoyable. I hope that you return to our hotel in the future, and if you mention you stayed with us previously we would be happy to extend to you our best available rate as a repeat customer. Thanks again and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

My best friend and I stayed here during Speedweeks and outside of the friendly lady at the late arrival check in, nothing else was pleasurable. The room was filthy, stained carpets, you about had to throw your arm everytime you wanted to close the door. The pictures on the Internet are VERY DECEIVING to say the very least. As far as proximity to the track, it is not within walking distance. It is in a good location for a cab pickup and since we were there for the race and festivites, we obviously did not drive. Our vehicle was parked in front of a downstairs room and come Monday morning, had been trashed....beer bottles all in bed of truck, cigarette butts, and stickers removed from the back window. When I brought this to the attention of the 'so called' office manager on duty Monday morning, she seemed to not even care at all. Maybe try hiring a security guard or some sort of patrol. Would definitely not stay here again nor reccomend anyone else to stay here unless you want to worry about your property being vandalized and the roaches carrying off your property.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Cordele, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This was the nastiest place ever. There were dead roaches in the floor. Rust everywhere. Room we had looked as if it had been broken into before. TRULY NOT WHAT IS DESCRIBED!!!!! I would never take children here. We felt like we were going to be muggged walking down the ally to get to the hotel from parking lot. TERRIBLE!!!! Should be condemned!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have NEVER in my life had a more horrifying hotel experience than I did at the Conch House Hotel. It is filthy. FILTHY. It smells. BAD. Surfaces are dirty in the bathroom. There is hair in the bathtub and on the counter and residue of some sort on the toilet seat. The towels are thin and stained (and don't bother asking for more- they don't have any). The bedspreads are also stained and dirty. There appeared to be boogers on the headboard along with what looked like dried marinara sauce. I can't believe this had not been cleaned. There were roaches in the hotel - I pray there were no bed bugs- if so, I now have them in my house. I was afraid to touch the mattress to check.

I was literally afraid to take off my socks and touch the floor.
The hotel was loud, there were several sketchy people hanging out on the premises (I think I witnessed a drug deal). I know I saw prostitutes on the property twice in two days - I would be offended if I were a prostitute and someone took me to this place- what a lack of respect.
The worst part is that I couldn't move to another hotel as I was with a group and everything else was booked.
I have learned a valuable lesson - I will NEVER stay in a hotel without checking for negative reviews - this place should be closed. The photograph online makes is look presentable- this is FALSE ADVERTISING and should be ILLEGAL.
I am suspicious of any review of this place that is not negative- I feel certain those come from someone with financial interests in this hotel. Even the most skanky of human beings has to know that this is extreme filth.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!