“Great food. Amazing Service. A bit of a wait” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 343 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Long Island City, New York
“Great food. Amazing Service. A bit of a wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family and I was in Daytona for my niece's graduation. Upon entering Blue Grotto we were immediately greeted and seated. First of all, the place is beautiful. We sat outside but I glimpsed inside and was awed by the atmosphere. Second of all, the service was amazing. I have a big family and usually we need 2 waitresses and end up leaving dissatisfied with the service. However, our server catered to all 13 of us. If you ever go to Blue Grotto ask for the blonde girl, Maria I think her name was. Beautiful smile, can't miss her. Anyway, the food was absolutely amazing as well. I personally ordered some lobster alfredo and it was rich and creamy. My only complaint with this place would be the wait time for our food. We seemed to be the only people in the restaurant and still waited 30+ minutes for our food to arrive. Our server then informed us that kitchen staff was short at the moment and kept us informed of how long it would be until our food arrived. My family will be back in June when my nephew graduates too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Daytona Beach, Florida
“No Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for drinks. We sat at a table on the covered patio. After 20 min. of no service, he went inside to get us drinks at the bar. No one offered us a menu or more drinks. We liked the music (Dan) so he went inside again to get another drink. After 1 1/2 hours a server finely stopped to ask if we needed anything. At this time we were leaving. It would have been nice to try the food, but with NO service we couldn't.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We love the Blue Grotto! We come in all the time for happy hour and dinner. The staff is nice the food is good and the atmospher is awesome! I would deff reccomend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Coast, Florida
“Left without eating!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were a party of 4 stopping here for dinner after a day on the boat. We sat outside at a covered booth. I walked up to the Tikki Bar to see the listing of beverages and a young man asked if I needed a drink. I said "Not now but later. The rest of my party arrived and we waited for 15 minutes and no one even came to the booth. Finally I went inside to find a waiter and did not see anyone and there was only 1 person sitting at a booth in the whole restraunt. I walked back to the kitchen to see if anyone was working. Yes, apparently there was but I didn 't see anyone. As I left the dining room there appeared a waiter. I asked again if anyone was working and he said some on at the Tikki Bar will help you. I walk up to the bar and asked for a waiter..he said I asked you if you wanted a drink. Hello! What is wrong with this picture. We didn't even get water. Needless to say, we left for some place else to eat. We will never try this place again. Save your money!

• Visited April 2014
Gatineau, Canada
“Great Place for food and drinks and Viewing Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

--Daytona –Blue Grotto-restaurant and Marina –Basin St-Approx 24 March 2014--
----We were introduced to the Blue Grotto in Daytona by our hosts in Ormond Beach in florida ,,the recorded music was never intrusive and I even joined in with my own verses after a few vodkas /LOL/ , which Travis the waiter seemed to enjoy!! Thanks waiters Travis and Kim for making this a fun afternoon despite the short rain downpour ..The Chowder was Great !!..The View from the Marina was Super and relaxing . We chatted shortly with a Couple from North Carolina.who were also on the way to the Gulf Area .Have a safe trip ---from Jacques and Nic…Friends of Guy [Frenchie] and Ginette …

• Visited March 2014