“Poor management / owners UNBELIEVABLE” 1 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leesburg, Florida
“Poor management / owners UNBELIEVABLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Where do I start? I had the worst experience ever . First of all I booked a room in advance. When I arrived at the hotel I was told I didn't have a reservation. I then gave them a copy of the reservation, Finally Kim and Richard found the reservation but did not even say sorry. Kim was slurring her words as if she was intoxicated. After I was given my keys an hour after we arrived we went to our room. The room was musty and cold. The heater didn't work and there was a 3 inch hole above the glass door where I could see outside. I went to the office and asked if i could get a refund or a good room. Both were denied. Richard was rude and cursed at me in front of other guest. This is unacceptable. I have said enough I could go on and on. Sadly to say they would not accommodate me at all. My wife and I went ahead and checked out with out a refund or satisfied. I wouldn't recommend this Hotel to my worst enemy. You are forewarned...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly3222, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We strive to please all our guest's and to make their stay at our resort stress free and enjoyable. As to the reservation: We do not send out copies of the reservation. Nobody has ever waited more than 5 to 10 minutes to be checked in. As far as being intoxicated we don't drink. Our rooms are all newly remodeled. All of our air conditioner's cool and heat the rooms and they have all been replaced in 2012. As to the 3 inch hole over the glass door; We don't have a glass door in any of our rooms. Nobody ever asked me for a good room or a refund. I have never cursed at my guest. Thank You Kim and Richard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
LAKELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in daytona. Stayed at the Inn and Suites and was very satisfied..New owners Kim and Richard are remodeling this motel and doing a nice job. They are right there on the property 24/7 and are very attentive to your needs. Very clean and great prices for a place right on the beach PLUS they are pet friendly. Nice place, great location, new pool, internet and all rooms are ground level. I highly reccomend this motel for your Daytona stay and wish Kim and Richard the best. Very nice people to do business with. They even called me while is was driving over to see what time we would arrive to make sure all was in order for our check in!!! Try to get a Holiday Inn, Marriott, etc. to do that...

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 right on the ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly3222, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at our newly remodeled Oceanfront Resort , we take pride in serving our guest and accommodating all there neeeds.We look forward to accommodating you on your next vacation to Daytona Beach. Thank You, Richard & Kim.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Loved this Inn! Vacationed here for 2 weeks with my children, and it was the most relaxing time I have ever had. Beautiful grounds, and nice very very clean rooms! Family owned and operated, the owners were amazing! Such a sweet family, they really take pride in their work and treat their guests like friends visiting. On a nice quiet end of the beach, perfect for families. Right at a beach access ramp, and everything, grocery, stores, and restaurants very close and convenient. Loved this place! I will be recommending it to everyone I know, and will be visiting again soon! Miss you Kim and Richard, and thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly3222, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure having your family at our resort. Kelsey had fun playing with your daughter. Looking forward to your next visit. Thank you Kim and Richard.
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice family run motel, very nice accommodations, full kitchen, CLEAN, very reasonable, would definitely come back. Was driving in from North Carolina, and was very tired, and called for a room . They came out to the highway to help direct us in to their location. They were very helpful, and gave us a coffee filter the next morning(we woke them up) and couldn't have been more pleased with the overall experience. Thank you Daytona Shores for such a nice experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly3222, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your stay at our newly remodeled motel. On your next visit you will be delighted by our new oceanfront pool which was under renovations at the time of your last stay with us. We are here 24/7 for all of our valued guest, Thank you for your review Kim and Richard,
Weirsdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me start with I'm sorry Kim & Richard it has taken so long to write this as they say life gets in the way. Now this place is great!!!!! A wonderful place for a family vacation. Very low key, excellent location away from all the hustle & bustle of downtown Daytona Beach. It has become our new home away from home (WE CAME BACK TWICE IN TWO WEEKS TIME IF THAT TELLS YOU ANYTHING). The pool was well worth the wait! We stayed in room 4 & were very comfortable with 4 people in there. Kim & Richard are amazing people, they always stopped and asked was there anything we needed or just to talk. They are committed to making this place a place you want to come back too. I want to thank you guys for allowing your daughter to play with ours, that is all she talks about & when she'll get to see her again. We can't wait to see ya'll on Spring Break so keep our room open! See you soon Buddy,Sara,Sherly& the girls

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly3222, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your time to review our resort. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Daytona, Kelsey can't wait tell you come back so she can play with your daughter. Our extended family of repeat guest is growing, Daytona Shores Inn and Suites is a family owned and operated resort and our guests are guests are treated as part of extended family. Kim,Richard, & Kelsey.
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

this is louise from canada sorry for not taking to room last year i needed a pool and yours was not ready yet i mist my room the one i call my home away home i know you did a lot of work on the place and it is beautiful i hope if i go this year that i will be able to have are rooms 1 and 3 because i have being going there for the past 6 years and last year i was not happy were i was and we stayd only 3 and a hafe weeks beause we missed your place to much and you hade no more romms left so we went back home i will call you in october to see if i can get a room waiting for a reply thank you

Room Tip: very beautiful place and very nice poeple my email tinain @videotron .ca
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Louise for your review. Our oceanfront pool is now open and completely remodeled, Our resort is fully renovated. We look forward to accommodating you for your next vacation at our resort in Daytona Beach shores. P.S. our pool has juccuzzi jets.
Geneva, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We had previously stayed at this suite and had a great experience so of course we came back. I have to admit this is once of the best hotels I have stayed in. The owners are the sweetest people and definitely know how to treat their customers and the rooms were very well kept. The suites are located in a great area. We will definitely be back again. Thanks Richard!

• Stayed July 2012
kimberly3221_12, Owner at Daytona Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
We are pleased that you came back to stay with us, on your next visit you will be delighted that our New Oceanfront Pool is now open. Thank you for staying with us again.

Been to Daytona Shores Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!