“Always a nice chain of hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
South Daytona, Florida
“Always a nice chain of hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Reserved a room for the night, locally, because a/c in my house was out for the night. I usually always look for a Holiday Inn where ever I am traveling to. Staff is always nice and courteous. Rooms and places are always clean and pleasant. We enjoyed our night stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have stayed at this property before as I have family in the area and have to say it has gone downhill! What used to be perfectly kept clean rooms have gone downhill and the service too! Front desk and kitchen staff were all very nice but Housekeeping started knocking on my door very early waking me up so I called the front desk to ask for a little more time to sleep and gather my things and put out a Do Not Disturb sign. This did not deter the older blondish woman, who I am assuming is in charge of Housekeeping, from knocking on my door just 5 mins after check out time, as she clearly let me know- she was the Executive Housekeeper and is the ONLY one that can grant a late check out! I assured her I would be out very soon but she was adamant that new guests would be arriving and they would need to clean the room. I quickly got my things and left but not before catching a mean eye roll and exasperated sigh . She could use a course in customers service AND cleanliness as our room was not well made! I was so appalled at my treatment that I did not want to further make waves by complaining at the time, especially about housekeeping but my sheets did not look clean, they were very wrinkled with hair on them, and also found half eaten food in the refrigerator, there were Q-tips in my bathroom trash can and the lamps and lampshades were very dusty and dirty as if they haven't dusted in a month or two and gum stuck to the nightstand. If it weren't for the horrible treatment by the small older housekeeper lady on a power trip, I would have just not stayed at this property again because they have let the property go but after such rudeness I felt need to warn others! This property used to be so nice and well kept but service and cleanliness has really hit a low.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
John G, Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Boulevard, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Susan G,
Please accept my apologies from myself and my team for our shortcomings. These are not the service standards of our staff.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I checked in on a weekend night and was situated in the furthest back room where the employees rooms were located apparently. The noise level was high as the pool/Jacuzzi and back entry gate was directly behind this room..... The adjacent room was where the manager or engineer must stay as it was the only room with two "peep" holes on door (one in lower middle of door) which caught my attention and it had a connecting "suite" door between that room and mine with a two sided key lock and no way to secure it from inside my room which in my opinion is a security breech for the room, something just didn't feel right here. I used a hotel.com room saver coupon which was a mistake as I was treated like a 2nd class citizen and it was as if they were doing me a great favor and I could have left one star but I will check my billing/credit card statement and see if they charged me for an extra night or anything else and update this if so.. A Very disappointing experience but I suppose if I had been treated better and given a normal room things may have been different as the hotel itself is relatively nice.

Room Tip: Avoid corner room by pool/Jacuzzi and back entry door.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
John G, Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Boulevard, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear phantOmguest,
Although there are storerooms in the area of the hotel your room was located and staff may have needed access, we do not allow staff to stay in the hotel. The room you are referring to with the two peep holes is a handicap-accessible room for disabled guests. It is also required by code that disabled guest rooms have adjoining rooms with a connecting door; all guestrooms that have adjoining doors have deadbolt key locks on both doors that are strictly controlled by the staff. In addition, in the last 3 months of last year we had over 200 guests for which we honored a discount coupon; this promotion is a very important part of our business and we appreciate every guest who chooses to stay with us while in the Daytona Beach area. I do apologize if you felt you were treated differently, as that is not part of our standard and will be addressed with the staff.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff very kind. Rooms are nice.

Pool area is small and very cold. Hot tub was also cold.

Restaurant is more like diner quality. Seat yourself, only one waitress on to both wait on tables and tend bar. What nice restaurant doesn't have bread to bring out before the meal? Food was moderate to bad. I thought I was staying where they had a awarding winning chef. He certainly was not working when I was there.
Hopefully you will get continental breakfast included because it isn't different then what is typically included at this hotel level.
So great place for a quick overnight but not for a vacation you plan on using the amenities.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Calliannadeste,
First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. We did have some mechanical issues with the outdoor pool and spa that were repaired last week. With so many dining choices in Daytona Beach we are currently working on menus that position the Fairway Grill the best for our hotel guests, it is a work in progress that we take seriously.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We are from Florida and travel the state a lot. .This is an extremely clean, pleasant Holiday Inn Express. A restaurant, spa, work out facility, washing machine, and an extremely accommodating staff. Surprised at what a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed in a King Suite for two nights. This two room suite was one of the largest suites we've ever stayed in---a huge bedroom, large sitting room with attached kitchen area (fridge and microwave), and a large well-furnished bathroom that had a nice tiled shower. There was also a nice jacuzzi which was actually in the bedroom (perhaps this was the bridal suite). The bed was comfortable and there were two large flat screen TV's. Surprisingly, the price was reasonable for all of that, especially since this was the first week of Speedweeks (we weren't there for the races, but for the Daytona Beach half marathon). The a/c/heating system seemed to run all the time, but it wasn't that noisy so was OK. Also, I would have preferred that the bedside lighting be brighter for reading purposes.

The front desk and restaurant staff were especially friendly. There is a continental buffet in the morning with a very reasonable price, or you can order off the menu which is also reasonably priced. We had a $10/person daily breakfast coupon, but the prices were so low that we probably would have come out better without this package. The hotel seems to be fairly new with a large, comfortable lobby area. It's 1/4 mile off I-95, so you don't get any interstate noise to speak of. There's not much at this exit, but it's only 4 miles to the speedway exit or 5-6 miles to Ormond Beach, where there are a great number of diverse restaurants. Overall, this was a very comfortable stay. If this hotel was In New York City, the King Suite would have probably gone for $500+ a night---it was that nice.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a particularly good view, but all seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great place to stay, rooms are always in tip top shape and the staff are excellent as well. As a Priority Cub member I'm always treated great and given complimentary upgraded rooms when available. If your looking for clean rooms and a nice place to stay then this the place is for you..

Stayed July 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Boulevard? Share your experiences!