“Relaxed, Refreshed, Recharged” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sierra Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Sierra Suites
1819 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #14 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Relaxed, Refreshed, Recharged”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

As always our stay at our home away from home was excellent. Weather, water and accommodations were wonderful. Kids had a great time on the beach, in the pool and "throwin bags."
Thanks Rich and Ada (owners) you always take care of us like we are family. See ya next year.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found Sierra Suites by accident 10+ years ago. My kids and I stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. We really enjoyed the pool. It was not crowded and the pool and game deck had more than enough room. The access to the beach was perfect; just steps away from the pool deck. My family and I went back in 2012 and I found that nothing had changed. It was just as beautiful as I had remembered. We just returned from another stay there this past weekend. This time it was just myself, my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. My daughter's boyfriend is not a fan of beach vacations but staying here changed his mind! No one wanted to leave. Rick and Ada are the best hosts ever! They have always made us feel very welcome. They both even played corn hole with us (which I discovered I love this game). I took time to read the existing reviews before writing this. For the reviews that were not the best, I don't know where you stayed but it wasn't at Sierra Suites! One review stood out in my mind, the spring break review. This is a very family-oriented place. People come here to relax and get away from the stress of their everyday life. How could one do that with parties going on at all hours of the night? Anytime we plan to come to Daytona Beach, this is where we will stay. If they happen not to have a vacancy, we will plan a trip to go somewhere else. Vacations at Sierra Suites are the BEST VACATIONS EVER!!! I could keep bragging on SS but I don't think there is enough room! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SS!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in 3 different rooms. Each has their own character and are quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

we always go up every year in may, and have the best time. We only live 3 hours away but it's always a nice get a away. Rich and Ada are so nice and friendly and always make sure everything is ok and you have the best time there. We always hang out , outback by the pool and play cornhole. I highly recommend to everyone to stay at the sierra suites. the rooms are like home and so clean and nice. we know we r always safe when we stay there. can't wait to go back

• Stayed May 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our sixth visit in a row to Rick and Ada's Sierra Suites and see no reason to stay anywhere else on Daytona Beach. Unlike the major chain hotels/motels the property has different rooms, each with its own character and furnishings. We have stayed in 3 of Ricks suites and they are spotless, with all the amenities to hand. Steps to the beach, barbeque on the property or stay around the pool area and playdeck, the choice is yours. Rick and Ada were always on hand to answer any queries or meet our needs. Everything you need is provided in your suite, apart from food of course. Rick involved practically every guest one evening in a game of Corn Hole. Ages ranged from 2 to 62. An international match was planned for the following evening, unfortunately storms put paid to that. Maybe next time perhaps, because with Sierra Suites there WILL be a next time.
George and Jane Kay UK 6/6/2013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Love staying at Sierra Suites! Clean rooms, great view and wonderful owners! Love that you can walk from the pool deck right to the beach and it was never crowded. We had a great time and will be going back next year.

SW Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have found several great properties that we have stayed in here on Trip Advisor. It has never failed me...but with beach properties, you never really know until you see it with your own eyes (...and as my kids & husband say...smell it!) Beach rentals can be seedy & old, complete with old photos on the website & a mildewy smell to the rooms. I have to say that Sierra Suites is our new favorite beach vacation location! Photos on the website are completely up to date & accurate. Not only is the hotel SPOTLESSLY clean, it is comfortable, relaxing, & not a bug in sight. Not one. Fully equipped & nicely furnished-this is a first in beach hotel stays that we have thoroughly enjoyed. We were met on the ocean patio with a big handshake, a welcome & "let me show you to your room, can I help carry anything?". We walked into a spacious unit (stayed in #12), let me restate-SPOTLESSLY clean. It smelled clean, looked clean-first rental that I don't remember feeling like I needed to spray down the bathtub with clorox clean up before I let my children get in the tub. We were offered bedding for the sleeper sofa & didn't have to ask. Keys were given & explained. Our twins are 9 and water bugs...love the beach, love the pool...and got to totally enjoy both during our time here. We found the grills in the courtyard were perfect for a oceanside picnic of hotdogs & hamburgers, the kitchen great for fixing meals-lasagna, salad & garlic bread. Kitchen appliances were new & in good working order. We tend to keep more to ourselves on vacations & trips-not ones for the party crowd. No partying here! We were so happy that the biggest thrill poolside is who won the bean bag game & who had the best throw. This hotel is so quiet, restful & SAFE. With a locked beach gate, there is no riff-raff wandering in off the beach, no partying in the courtyards, in the pool or on the patio. No oil film on the water or scum line on the pool. Just families in search of the same thing we were-quiet, relaxation-enjoy our kids, let them be kids without feeling like we had to be on top of them all the time, a spot to get lost in a book, take a nap by the pool, pull a chair up in the shade (my husband's favorite afternoon activity) or sit for hours on the beach with our kids building drip sand castles or going for a swim. There are beach rentals available if you are so inclinded from a vendor on the beach-we are campers so bring our gear everywhere, so we were not in need of these, but it is good to know they are there. We were not crazy that Volusia County allows driving on the beach-but nothing the owners could do about that of course. The weekdays were very quiet with very few scattered cars. We were wishing that we could stay longer for sure.

We enjoyed attending a Daytona Cubs game on Sunday night-great for us & for the kids. Our tickets were under $20 purchased before we left home online & picked up at Will Call. Kids tickets were free with their "A average" report cards. Lots of fun, reasonable concessions, & good music in between plays on the field. We sat in General Admission in the bleachers & it was good. "Cubbie" (the mascot) was engaging with the kids & they got to throw on the field before the game...very exciting for our baseball/softball playing kids! Excellent fireworks following the game for Memorial Day weekend.

We went to the pier one morning-I would not recommend. Seemed kindof touristy with noisy music blasting, dirty pier with unfriendly fishermen, the boardwalk was not much better-wandering folks. We had coupons for a free smoothie from Burger King that we had gotten at the game & the Burger King by the ocean walk shops was dirty & staff was unfriendly.

We went to miniature golf one evening at Expedition & it was lots of fun. Prepare your wallet-over $40 for the four of us to play, but it was a great evening & enjoyable with the ocean breezes & not crowded. Neat place to play some putt-putt with a expedition/safari/explorer theme. Very clean, all of the greens were in good repair & the holes all worked how they were supposed to & the theming was carried through well with an airplane, safari jeeps, tiki huts, quick sand pit & more. Kids loved it. :) That was our big splurge activity for this trip.

Kids & daddy enjoyed night swims in the pool almost every night that we were there. It was very quiet & again, we enjoyed & appreciated this. We have stayed at some other beach properties where there was CHAOS by the pool & the evening time at the pool included inappropriate behavior from teenagers & adults who were old enough to know better. There was none of that here & the evening swims were quiet, peaceful & enjoyable.

Drove to Ponce Inlet, down past Daytona Shores, just to see it & what was there before leaving town this morning & decided that would be a good day trip on a future vacation when we need a bit of time out of the sun. Lighthouse is there for climbing, shaded green space with a playground, picnic tables, boats to look at-some kitsch there, but all in nautical fun. Wish we had gone down to Daytona Shores for ice cream & shopping-Winn Dixie was okay, but it was very crowded & busy. Cowlicks for ice cream-the ice cream was great, staff & other clientele were rude. Saw some other places further down the beach where we will take our business next time. There is a Publix down there.

No antiquated tv's here either...two flat screens made for good tv viewing, but that was only in the evening, after a night swim, baths & twins tucked in. Not that you go to the beach for the hotel room, but if we hit a patch of rainy weather, we could have been able to stay in the room & not be on top of each other. Our room had one bedroom with 2 full beds in it & adjoining bathroom, full kitchen, living room area with a sleeper sofa with large table with 4 chairs, comfy chair, plenty of light for reading, and another full bath. Our twins decided that the living room was "their space" & that made for happy parents with everyone having their own space & bathroom. I can't say enough positive things about this trip, the owners, the upkeep of the property & grounds, clealiness of the pool, deck, patio furniture, comfortable seating, umbrellas on the patio, quality linens & washable quilts on the beds...I almost hate to post this review because we don't want to share! :) Thanks for a great trip & we look forward to coming back...maybe just us, or as soon as we can with Double Trouble.

If you are looking for a full-service, 5 star property with bells & whistles...keep looking because this is not the hotel for you. If you are looking for a beach hotel that is quiet, clean, enjoyable, where you can kick back, relax, nap by the pool, not fight over lounge chairs, unplug, relax & enjoy yourself...then this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #12-only one floor up, but if stairs are a problem for you, you may want to reque...
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my last night of a wonderful weeks stay at Sierra Suites. As is ALWAYS the case, this has been a relaxing, fun, and stress free vacation. Rick and Ada are wonderful hosts and I cannot imagine another place in Daytona, Daytona Beach Shores, or Ormond Beach that is as clean and wonderful as Sierra Suites. This is the place I come to unwind and relax. I will keep coming back and will always say that Sierra Suites is the best kept secret in Daytona. Thanks, Rick and Ada, for another enjoyable week.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but I like the oceanfront the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!