“Tropical Manor Rocks!!!” 5 of 5 stars

2237 S. Atlantic Ave., At Bonner Ave., Daytona Beach, FL   |
Ranked #10 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
“Tropical Manor Rocks!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I used to vacation here many times when I was a kid. This is my first stay here in nearly 30 years and the cleanliness and the friendliness is still as it has always been. We always had an ocean front when I was growing up. This time I had to watch the vacation budget and had a street view room. Despite that fact, the room was clean, comfortable and met my needs in terms of value. The location is excellent as there is a Winn Dixie, a gift shop and an IHOP just across the street.

Room Tip: The close location of the Winn Dixie is perfect for families or groups renting the efficiencies that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is now our 4th visit here and once again it did not dissapointed!! The motel is so friendly and it's spotless!! We had room 47 which is ocean front, the views are fantastic!! We have to travel 9 hours by aircraft from the uk to stay at this special place!! Thankyou tropical manor for a great stay!!

• Stayed May 2013
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

15 years ago they bulding more big hotel's and our older hotel closed, we must find an new place, not so big, and we found it in the book for small loging in South daytona, i made and booking and friend was first going to daytona and he checked the place it was wounderful.
He is goning now also every year to the tropical manor.

When we have the possibility we are going every year to this place,
From owners until the cleaninglady's (they are one big family) from the tropical do everthing to make an holiday you wil never forget.

When you are alone, old, young or with an big family with childeren you will like this place.
You become an part of the family from the Tropical Manor.

Specialy with all the decorations and the warmt of the staff, the sun is always shining at the tropical manor.
All the people that working at the tropical working there for so long time, there must be an very good atmosphere and they bring it over to the guests.

In the last 15 years it was not posible to found someting better.

Franc, Petra & Thomas (from the Netherlands)

Room Tip: When you book early they have some nice rooms with an nice sea view out of you bed !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brandenburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Always wanted to go to Florida, It was May 1968.On our way to Florida. We had reservations at Tropical Manor. We were just overwhelmed with the sight of the ocean. When we walked through the breezeway and felt the ocean

breeze hit us it was a wonderful feeling. We stayed in the ocean front just in front of the pool.
Our son was 2 and he is 47 now. The owners twins were just about the age of our son. Those people were the kindest people in the whole world. All the visitors were just as friendly. The next year we went back about the same time of year and took my husbands father and mother. This being their first trip to Florida. They loved it just like we did. The next year my parents were our guest back to Tropical Manor, for their first visit. We have 2 sons and we took both of them to Florida the day after their graduation from High School. We have been there several years in a row back in the 60's and 70ies. Have only stayed two other places because there was no vacancies at those times. I will tell you now that is my favorite home away from home. I haven't gotten to go there for a FEW YEARS. I WILL TELL YOU NOW! If I ever get to go on another vacation it will be to Daytona Beach . Hoping I can get reservations at Tropical Manor. Never stayed anywhere I liked better. The Bewleys, then Louisville Ky. Now
we are in Brandenburg Ky., retired.

. Thanks Tropical manor for making our stays at your place a wonderful memory !!!!! We brought several other family members with us to Tropical Manor and all of them loved it too!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TropicalManorDaytona, Manager at Tropical Manor, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
It is such a joy to read your review! What a wonderful memory you have of your first trip to Florida and the Tropical Manor. It must have been an awesome experience to see the ocean when you first arrived. I'm one of the twins you mentioned in your review. My twin sister and I had such a fun time playing with all of our guests' children when we were growing up at the Tropical Manor. We were always so excited to welcome our new friends back each year. Thank you for bringing your parents and your husband's parents to the Tropical Manor as well. We are very pleased that you felt so comfortable staying at the Tropical Manor and feel that it is "your home away from home". My mother and I, and our entire staff, hope very much that you will be able to fit in a trip to Florida and the Tropical Manor soon. Please email us through our website and I will be exceptionally pleased to assist you in selecting your accommodations.
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

‘A daytona beach shores address….”

‘From the moment you arrive...you will never leave again..”

‘A must see for any person that loves the ocean…..”

This is living on the beach! Go and fish off the pier,ride your bike on the beach, see the daytona speedway, enjoy swimming and scuba diving,many excellent restaurants and shops nearby, beautifull breathtaking sunrise and sunsets welcoms you to the ocean, and the Tropical Manor,which offers the best oceanfront living in Daytona,with direct ocean spectacular views.

Enjoy spectacular unobstructed views reaching from daytona beach to the north and ponce inlet to the south from your oceanfront balcony.

Tropical Manor offers its own concierge, maintenance staff, security, great house keeping, privat parking, washer and dryer,awesome pool with large sunning deck. In the spring, summer, fall and winter you can enjoy grilling on the existing grill under the covered gazebo picnic table area, located right by the beachfront heated pool. Rooms are spacious, very tastefully decorated and clean , with fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stove with oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker and cooking utensils, dishes and glassware etc.

Room amenities include cable TV, Wireless Internet access in your own room.It will make you feel right at home but away from home.

This is the perfect place for the whole family vacation.Sóóóó relaxed…

Imagine walks on the sparkling beach in the morning, soothing sound of the ocean waves in your face, the tranquility of living at this beautiful place just imagine….

Quality is the word of your vacation!

Come and enjoy the easy fun beach lifestyle here at The Tropical Manor, just walk in and be blown away by the gorgeous ocean views.Be sure to bring your camera !

“ It’s all yours to discover.”

And I do love it every day ,very much….

Harold ( dutch made..'))

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TropicalManorDaytona, Manager at Tropical Manor, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We are so exceptionally pleased to welcome our European guests. We have several wonderful European guests who stay with us each year from Holland and Germany. It is always very exciting for our entire staff to welcome them back. Our European guests really appreciate the unique layout of our property, the great variety of affordable room choices, and the warm, personalized service we provide. Poolside Oceanfront Efficiency Studio #20 is extremely popular with our European guests who enjoy this room's unbeatable location just next to our pool, its wonderful, direct oceanfront view, and its spacious layout and hand-painted murals. Our Charming Garden View Cottages are also a favorite of our European couples and families who really like the separate bedroom and the Private Garden View Patios. If you are just making a short visit to Daytona Beach and are on a tight budget, Efficiency Studios 18 and 19 are a particularly good choice. These rooms which have a street view are colorful and cozy and Very Affordably Priced.
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a mix-up with another resort, and had to change locations at the last minute. Found this place a couple of days before we got here and was interested, so when we needed a place to stay I gave them a call. Could not have been more accommodating. gave us the royal tour when we got there, to find a room we liked, and we picked a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Everything was super clean and neat, and the way they maintain the grounds is perfect. The atmosphere of a retro resort with all the amenities is the best, wifi, flat screen, nice kitchen, but if you look around you feel like it's the fifties all over again.The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Spending the days at the heated pool, and having access to the beach is a great way to see Daytona, Highly recommend,

Room Tip: Pay for the view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family went to Tropical Manor for Spring Break 2013. The service was fantastic. The ladies in the office were great. I also met the maintenance man, Jay, who was very welcoming. Unfortunately, as nice as the service was - we will not stay there again. We did not schedule our reservation in enough time so we had to stay across the street in their little two story building. The wi-fi was terrible. I am a masters student. While on vacation, I needed to get a paper done for one of my classes - not having the internet was a pain. Also they condos do not come with a washer and dryer. There are four washer and dryers on the property across the street. It costs $6.00 to wash and dry one load. I quickly found a laundry mat down the street where I did four loads for $9.00. The condo also does not have a dish washer. Who wants to hand wash dishes on vacation? Not having things that I am used to having at home made it feel more like camping. Oh that reminds me, the toilet paper is like sand paper.
Again, the service was top notch. Unfortunately, the out dated property - while very clean - was lacking many things that should come along with the price they charge per night. And charging $6.00 to do one load of laundry did not settle well with me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TropicalManorDaytona, Manager at Tropical Manor, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. The guestroom which you selected is scheduled to be renovated later this spring with new kitchen cabinets, flooring, and furniture. I am sorry that this was the only room which we had available for you during our sold-out peak spring travel period. We hope very much that you will provide us the opportunity to provide you more upscale accommodations with a direct oceanfront view if you choose to stay with us again at the Tropical Manor. We truly wish we had known that you required internet service. We have a super reliable AT&T HotSpot device which we provide to our guests if they have any difficulty using our wi-fi services. Wi-fi is available in all of our guestrooms except our 2 Bedroom Apartments Across the Street from the Ocean which are located across the street from the main section of our property. Our main guest laundry facility is intentionally placed so that it provides a direct view of the ocean. This placement and oceanfront view are unique for a hotel guest laundry area. This placement results in substantially higher maintenance costs and more frequent machine replacement which is reflected in the higher per load laundry cost. But, our repeat guests have told us how much they enjoy the view while doing their laundry, so we have kept these machines in this location. I would specifically like to suggest our Gorgeous and artistically furnished 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Oceanfront Beach House which features a beautiful kitchen which includes a dishwasher. And, we appreciate your comments regarding the toilet paper and plan to choose a softer brand. We hope very much that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Tropical Manor and provide you accommodations which match our high level of service. Please email us using the Email button on our website so that I can personally assist you in your room selection.

Been to Tropical Manor? Share your experiences!