“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Columbia, MD
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Elevators were SSSLLLOOOWWWWW!!! Real musty smell. I don't know if something died on the 5th floor or what! Could't go out on balcony - too many flying black bugs! Sheets were itchy. Was just there for a family reunion - I wish I would have checked out like my cousins did and went next door. View was not great either from my room.

The entire hotel needs a COMPLETE makeover.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I loved the stay very much. A great location on the oceanfront with restaurants and places to see. Warren Londono provided us with excellent service. We would come back and recommend to anyone, who would want to experience a great time.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

After reading very mixed reviews we decided to find out for ourselves and, are we glad we did. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and professional. Our large room on the 11th flood with an "ocean view" was much better than expected (very clean and with modern decor). I'm not sure an "ocean front" would have been any better than our "ocean view." Their restaurant, Atlantic Jack's, was a great place for a good, reasonably priced breakfast. Our server Dawn certainly added to our enjoyment. Our Wifi was fine both in our room and out at the pool. Their beach, unlike some earlier comments, was very nice and most enloyable. Our only complaint was the loud fan in the bathroom which could not be turned off if you had the light on. We would definitely come again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 11th floor and you will get a beautiful view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pinson, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I agree with most here, that the staff at the hotel are great people. The fact that I had to pay for parking in a lot that was open to the public, was ridiculous. Also, the public is allowed to use the pool, but again, I paid for it, and couldn't use it because of all the people who parked on the beach, for FREE, and walked in the gate. The Wi-Fi was totally unusable the whole time, so forget about trying to use it for looking up places to eat or anything. The area around the hotel was terrible for anyone trying to enjoy a beach trip, so I really feel bad that the POC is located where it is, but hey...if you want to stay in the hotel and not do anything else, the rooms are good, the restaurant is okay, and the bar does a good job. Kudos to the staff though...they are good folks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor, but with the amount of college kids in Daytona, I'd say stay away f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I run a charity golf tournament every May and have approx 30 people come in from all over the U.S. and Canada to play in it. This year we stayed at the Plaza Ocean Club and it was great! First off, POCs group sales coordinator, Brittney, is a gem to work with. There were zero issues setting up the trip and everything went smooth as silk at check-in, thanks to Ashley and the rest of the front desk crew. Our room was great, as was everyone's from what I was told. The pool & pool deck was outstanding, the bar & restaurant was used a lot and loved by all. Housekeeping was top shelf!! See ya next year!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My company has been using this hotel for several years now. We have an annual trip in Daytona Beach. The POC (Plaza Ocean Club) is our main hotel. We love all of the staff. Very friendly and welcoming every year ! Tabitha, Don, Kieth, Ansley all amazing. And all the others.
From Liv @ Breakaway Tours

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel, unless you prefer to sleep with roaches and god knows what else. Had a long flight to Florida from Chicago and waited at MCO for my sister and 2 kids to arrive from Puerto Rico. Then an hour and half drive into Daytona. I had advised the hotel that we would be arriving very very late. We unloaded all bags and (2) very tired kids (2 & 4yrs). We get into our rooms and when turning the lights on, roaches, not 1, but several, scattered all over!! Needless to say we got out of these rooms faster than ever! We informed the Manager that we would NOT be staying and told him why. We booked a hotel at the Hyatt that night after many tries (convention was in town). when I got back and called Orbitz.com, they totally agreed with me that I should get a full refund, but the hotel was not having it! They said that because we checked in late, we would have to pay for a 1 night stay per room. Unacceptable!! The roaches would have still been there regardless!!! They are still refusing to give us our entire money back, so thank GOD for American Express Platimum. They will now dispute the matter with orbitz and the hotel! Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!