“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Plaza Ocean Club Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   640 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Portland, Maine
“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Checking in started our disappointments. The man behind the counter didn't seem like he wanted to help us. Lacked customer service skills and was extremely scattered and unorganized. The " surprise fees "at this place are ridiculous considering how much we paid to stay here. They surprised us with parking fees of 90 plus dollars and a safe fee. Which was good because in previous reviews reported stolen property. Perhaps background checks on their employees would help. Upon arrival at 1 am Our key didn't work and took them almost 2 days to do something about it. When we entered our room it reeked of cigarettes although we had a non smoking room. Which was fantasic because I have asthma and couldn't breathe. The bathroom was filthy. The breakfast was disgusting and overpriced. I don't think anyone wants texas toast with bugs flying in the container. The only good thing about this place is the location. I have stayed in cheaper places that were so much cleaner and maintained better.

• Stayed January 2014
Keith D, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed from the start. I am surprised to see you were uniformed about our daily resort fee as it is posted on all websites and included in the total amount quoted when booking directly with the hotel.
I do hope we were able to resolve your concerns regarding your guest room as we are a non-smoking facility.
Thank you for sharing your comments and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Keith Dunker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last few years. I said the time before this I would never give them another chance because of the condition of the rooms, they have improved on that but there was one very unprofessional and rude staff member that ruined it this time and I will never stay there again. I did talk to Hope at the front desk about the interaction with this one staff member and she agreed to credit my resort fees for one night but did not, also that the general manager would contact me which also did not happen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
I will address your comments with all members of our team, though I am a bit concerned with this review as the mentioned name is not an employee of The Plaza Ocean Club.
Please accept my sincere apologies if you were treated anything but excellent during your stay.

Keith Dunker
Princeton, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went to this hotel on business December 26-29, 2013. The property was extremely attractively priced, as were most hotels in Daytona. The rate was 95 plus another 17.00 resort fee. Room was large, extremely clean, decent ocean view. Maid service was good, valet parking and wifi included in the rate, outdoor pool was open and nice and warm. For reasons I won't disclose, I left a lot of clothes behind when I left the hotel, and they found those and secured them for me and shipped them back. Overall I was very pleased with this place and would go back. I paid a comfort-inn type rate for a much better room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed 4 nights. Fido was welcomed. Our room was spacious, bright, clean and incredibly comfortable. On New Year's Eve we watched the Pier fireworks from our balcony. A great hotel for the price. A particular thanks to Front Desker Desirae. She was incredible in recommending places to eat, see and take the dog for walks. Be forewarned one and all that DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON BEACHES OF DAYTONA - Period!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I almost didn't book this hotel because of the photo's and reviews on here about this place. But, I figured I'd give it a shot and we are so glad we did! We stayed in room 701, an oceanfront suite and it was awesome! We had two queen beds, a pull out couch (that I have to say, was horrible and nothing but springs, we had to cover the bottom with several folded up blankets to make it ok), a little kitchen with it's own door to the walk around balcony, a nice bath, two closets, wifi. We got the turn off the a/c and sleep with both doors wide open and sleep to the sound of the ocean as the unit is totally private with no other balconies attached!

Yes, the hotel does seem to be an older one, but hey so am I. We saw no dirt and certainly no bugs (which if you are from FL, you know this is almost impossible to control, especially in a hotel where, let's face it, people are usually very disrespectful of the property).

We found the grounds beautiful, especially the pool. Yes, parking could be a problem in the summer as it's limited, but we had no troubles.

The hotel is pet friendly, which is another reason why I was thinking of not coming here, but you never would have known it. No smells, no hair, nothing.

Overall, we were very happy and had a great time. We plan on coming back in the summer!

Room Tip: For a few extra dollars, I'd definitely, go for the oceanfront room with it's totally privat...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my second trip to Daytona and both times, I've stayed here. The service is OUTSTANDING! They were able to recommend great spots to eat, and visit that are off the tourist trail. The bartenders are friendly and we really enjoyed the pool area. Direct access to the beach from the pool area was great as well. It's a central location, and you're walking distance to EVERYTHING.

P.S. Did I mention that they have GREAT SERVICE!!!!??

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great value! Spent two nights and had a great time. Close to everything. Will stay again for a future trip. Got some free entertainment from some kids from a tteen church group doing hand stands in the hallway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!