“The good the bad and the ugly” 3 of 5 stars

Plaza Ocean Club Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   640 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Corydon, Indiana
“The good the bad and the ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We reserved our room two months prior to our stay and before we ever even got to the Hotel we were having problems. We went down for bike week and was told that trailor parking was provided for us free of charge. This of course was not true. We ended up having to park the trailor 7 miles down Atlantic Drive and paid $70.00 to leave it there. This is a church parking lot and the staff on site told us that the Ocean Club Plaza always tells their customers that trailor parking is free when it is absolutely not. Our room was beautiful although the plumbing was awful. Housekeepers were awesome as well as Tabitha at the front desk. However, the other staff were hard to deal with and lied to us repeatedly. Our vehicle was hit in the parking lot (smashing the door in)...security cams showed it happening but security said that it was to grainy to prove anything. The CEO (Nigel) gave us his card and told us that he would contact us the next morning. We still have not heard anything... Our brand new motorcycle was dented as well. However, the worst thing that happened during our stay was on the 2 floor there was a small 2 year old child running up and down the hallways unsupervised. The time was 12am and my boyfriend and I as well as another couple stayed with this child for over 15 minutes waiting for security to get there. Finally when they did...a man came out of the room and snatched up the child. We called the police but once they approached the front desk...security told them there was nothing to worry about and sent them away... we called them back again and showed them to the room where the child was at. We left it in their hands from that moment on. Overall, we loved the room, our housekeepers and Tabitha at the front desk were amazing. Other than that...the rest of the staff were horrible and we were told countless lies.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Looks wonderful from the outside but not the best on the inside..we was sent to this motel because our condo was overbooked..so was very upset about downgrading..staff was nice ..there are only two elevators for 11 floors..not good when theres spring break going on..the rooms definately need updated..the tub dripped non-stop,the microwave was old and rusty and the fridge was nasty..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your experience was anything less than exceptional. We have been and are continuing to update the property such as, new microwaves, refrigerators and flat panel televisions. We have been working on updating our bathroom and kitchenette areas in the guest rooms as well. We appreciate your business and I will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate departments.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

There was nothing wrong with the rooms i booked- I got what i was told i was getting, a . gorgeous oceanfront view room.....Mr Mike H at the front desk was and is extremely helpful and nice...I bothered him soo much through out my stay that he smiled at me and helped me and my family and friends out everytime i asked or needed help.....and the girl with the short hair ( i think she is security but not sure) but she is awesome!!!...they both helped me with faxing my work to NC...My housekeeping ladies are the BEST ! I would stay here again as long as Mr Mike H and the other employees are still working here !!!!!!

Room Tip: just ask for mr mike h at the front desk- he will help you and make your stay a pleasant one !!! Co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! We enjoyed having you as our guest and I am glad you found our services to be fantastic! We take great pride in our clean rooms and friendly, smiling faces! It is hard to beat our central location. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon!
Altoona, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would not recommend staying there. The rooms were dirty, outdated especially for the cost, went to turn the heat on nights were chilly, didn't work, the air conditioning leaked in our room, bird doo doo on the balcony, no place to get food for the most part, thank goodness for the pizza guy. Unsecured parking, had glass around our vehicle. Had to remove all the glass before we could leave the parking lot, 10 dollars a drink at the bar. I agree with 013392, alot of drunk kids in the hallways clear into the early morning hours. When he went to make me a drink there were bugs in the Jose Cuervo, at least he opened a new bottle. Very dissatisfied. Do not recommend.

Room Tip: Would not recommend at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to see that your experience was anything less than exceptional, cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us. I wish I would have had an opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure so that you would feel as though your experience was taken seriously and that we accomodated you as best we could all things considered. Please accept my apologies and know that your happiness with the quality of service you receive is very important to us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, good or bad they are all opportunities for us to learn and do better.
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I highly recommend noone to stay here!! I have stayed at several hotels on the beach in Daytona Beach, FL and yet this is the worst one! Just a basic room w 2 beds like anywhere was $290.00 No breakfast or anything just the room! I
booked my rooms ahead of time and I only got one room I wanted smoking that didn't happen The male front desk man was very rude! A big fat roach was crawling on the wall room 319! This hotel has a bad smell in the room and hallways. False advertisement said a beautiful ocean view what did I have a giant palm tree in my face could not see but maybe a yard or 2 of the ocean if that!!

Room Tip: Not room 319 no view what so ever and roaches!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us, I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. Pest control is very serious to us, and we utilize a very reputable company to assist in prevention. I hope that you reported the issue to the front desk so that we may have our service provider address the area. I do see your stay was during our special event time period of "Bike Week 2013." Our rates do increase for the event dates and are competitive to other hotels on the beach. Majority of The Plaza Ocean Club has an ocean view, we also have city view rooms for a lesser value. These room types are specified at the time of booking.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

my wifes daughter showed up a day early for our beach wedding. Mike at the front desk did an awesome job helping us with the room changes we needed so she could be here for the wedding. Thanx mike, you saved the day.

Room Tip: south side rooms have a better view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the compliments about our staff! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Daytona Beach!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Complained several times about loud drunk teens in the hallway throwing limes, playing beer pong and partying. The front desk responded to us with an attitude as if they were annoyed that we were complaining and did nothing about the situation.

Also, room was advertised (and we thought we were paying for) as having a balcony but only when we checked in were we informed that the balcony was bolted shut and we would not be allowed to use it. False advertisement?

Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
I am sorry to hear your stay with us did not meet your standards. Customer service is very important to us and I will address your area of concern. Spring break is a very busy time period for Daytona Beach, where we do add additional security to maintain the property. Balconies are locked for spring break guests. However, we unlock them for any non-spring break rooms when the age minimum required has been met. Again, I do hope you accept my sincere apologies and hope you will give us another chance in the future. We do appreciate your comments and will use them to help improve our level of service.

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!