“Something you don't typically find anymore!!” 5 of 5 stars

Plaza Ocean Club Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   640 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #58 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Edgewater, Maryland
“Something you don't typically find anymore!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I lost a diamond earring in my bed and didn't realize that it was gone. When I realized that it was gone I called the front desk and asked that housekeeping not go into my room to make up beds as I wanted to look for the earring. Within 10 minutes the front desk called me back on my cell phone to say that the bad news was that housekeeping had already gone into my room. The good news was that the earring had been found and turned in!! Who does that - that never happens. As a family we have been coming to Daytona Beach for years and have stayed at other resorts and actually had things stolen out of the room with the resort taking no resposibility or offering any type of help. I cannot not say enough about the staff at Plaza Ocean Club. From the front desk down to housekeeping everyone is friendly, helpful, and professional. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable and bigger than anything HONEST!! Thank you Plaza Ocean Club for a wonderful stay once again. We will be back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Our employees are our most valuable asset. We pride ourselves on our superior level of service, to create lasting relationships with our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I came here over spring break last year for our honeymoon because we had a group-on. We had to fill out a checklist of what was already broken when we entered the room. That was okay considering it was spring break. The view was awesome. The hotel is indeed right on the beach, and the pool deck is great. The hotel restaurant is really good for breakfast too; the buffet was great. We didn't eat there at lunch or dinner though. It's a great hotel for walking up and down the city strip, or even along the beach (we walked barefoot). If you're only concerned with the experience and not a luxury hotel, then it's a great place. Also, the staff was very friendly considering all the college kids running around were drunk 80% of the time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
PlazaResortSpa, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. Spring Break is a very different time of the year for us. At the end of March, beginning of April last year we were taken over by a new management company that has invested a great deal of time and money upgrading the property, so we now have more to offer than just our great location. We have added 42 inch plasma screen TVs in all rooms, all new bedding, we have painted all the interior of the hotel and we have replaced all the closet doors. Come and visit us again and see what we now have to offer.
Helena, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Awesome staff. Don, Mike, Tabitha, Ansley, Burgundy and the catering folks went above and beyond to make our stay great. Great tips on local attractions and were the true examples of "Southern Hospitality". These folks are working their tails off. Unfortunately, they are woefully understaffed. 2 large groups were checking in and only Mike was there to handle it all, including phone calls. The GM was nowhere to be found. The reservations were in, so one would think they would have staffed for this. Same for check out.
Rooms while adequate and great views, were dated. Refrigerator and nuke were rusty and cruddy. The shower valve leaked. We told maintenance, but was never fixed. The ceiling leaked above the shower ( must be a leak from the unit upstairs) and the carpets needed a good cleaning. Not sure how this place stacks up against others in the area, as were were with a large group. I give the Front Desk Staff an A+; Housekeeping C, Maintenance a D and the GM a WTF.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value our guest's feedback and we use your valuable feedback to address your areas of concern, to coach our staff into making our hotel the best that it can be. We hope that you give us another chance in the future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Ocean View was great! Dog friendly and my Mini Pin loved the view from the room. Room was very nice! Bed was great! Bathroom was clean, but needed to be remodeled. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We will return next visit to Daytona. Very good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are currently in the process of renovating the bathrooms, it is unfortunate that you were not in one of rooms that had already been updated while you were here. In addition to the newly remodeled bathrooms, we have also added 42 inch plasma TVs in all the rooms. Make sure to check us out the next time you come to Daytona, I am sure you will love us even more.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband spent two nights here at the end of our honeymoon. After checking in we went to our room and the kitchen area was full(at LEAST 10-15) dead cockroaches. Went back downstairs and the apoligized and put us on the top floor in a different room they said was just remodeled, upon walking in it looked nice, but not remodeled. The bathroom wall had a hole in it that was patched up and smelled a bit. The next night our ac quit working and by the time someone came up to fix it I was sleeping and had to listen to them replace it. It was a good location, but we will not be back.

• Stayed February 2013
We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We value your feedback. We have recently switched pest control companies to assure that nothing like this will happen again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are currently working on updating the bathrooms, and the delay in having your air conditioning repaired will be addressed with our engineering department. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do hope that you will give us a chance to show you that we have improved.
Marshall, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel is at a nice location on the beach but the hotel check in staff are not very inviting or friendly. They don't go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They don't have anything in the room to indicate what amenities the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We thank you for your time and your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use it to help make our property better. We have recently welcomed a new General Manager and a new Front Office Manager. Come back and see us and you will see that we have made the necessary changes to make the Plaza Ocean Club a better and friendlier place.
North Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here at the end of January on a business trip with a little fun thrown in. Chose the Plaza Ocean Club because there was a special on the price. I had to call the day before I arrived to add a guest to my room and spoke with Mike, who was very pleasant and accommodating. I was prepared for great service. Unfortunately, when I arrived to check in, there was one desk clerk talking on the telephone and another woman talking to a guy who sounded like he was trying to finagle a free room. Neither of them even acknowledged me with a nod or smile, although it was obvious I was checking in from my luggage. I stood there at least 10 minutes (I timed it) before anyone actually acknowledged I was there. Not a very good beginning, as the front desk sets the tone for the visit. My room was okay, obviously not one that had been refurbished, but clean (if you don't count the damp towels left in the minifridge to defrost it). I didn't mind that, as I was early checking in. The beds were comfortable, the bathtub had rust stains, but I knew they were refurbishing when I made my reservation. The bar area is nice and the bartender very pleasant. Also, breakfast was good in the restaurant. The best thing about this hotel is that it is directly on the beach and has close proximity to the convention center and tourist areas. I would say here again. I would really give it a 3 and a half rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a fair review. We are very sorry that you had to wait for ten minutes in the lobby to check in. We have recently gone through a management change. Your feedback is very valuable, and we will use it to train our staff. When you come to see us again make sure to phone in and ask for our repeat guest rate.

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!