“Will not be back” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   640 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Will not be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband spent two nights here at the end of our honeymoon. After checking in we went to our room and the kitchen area was full(at LEAST 10-15) dead cockroaches. Went back downstairs and the apoligized and put us on the top floor in a different room they said was just remodeled, upon walking in it looked nice, but not remodeled. The bathroom wall had a hole in it that was patched up and smelled a bit. The next night our ac quit working and by the time someone came up to fix it I was sleeping and had to listen to them replace it. It was a good location, but we will not be back.

• Stayed February 2013
PlazaResortSpa, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We value your feedback. We have recently switched pest control companies to assure that nothing like this will happen again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are currently working on updating the bathrooms, and the delay in having your air conditioning repaired will be addressed with our engineering department. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do hope that you will give us a chance to show you that we have improved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Marshall, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel is at a nice location on the beach but the hotel check in staff are not very inviting or friendly. They don't go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They don't have anything in the room to indicate what amenities the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We thank you for your time and your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use it to help make our property better. We have recently welcomed a new General Manager and a new Front Office Manager. Come back and see us and you will see that we have made the necessary changes to make the Plaza Ocean Club a better and friendlier place.
North Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here at the end of January on a business trip with a little fun thrown in. Chose the Plaza Ocean Club because there was a special on the price. I had to call the day before I arrived to add a guest to my room and spoke with Mike, who was very pleasant and accommodating. I was prepared for great service. Unfortunately, when I arrived to check in, there was one desk clerk talking on the telephone and another woman talking to a guy who sounded like he was trying to finagle a free room. Neither of them even acknowledged me with a nod or smile, although it was obvious I was checking in from my luggage. I stood there at least 10 minutes (I timed it) before anyone actually acknowledged I was there. Not a very good beginning, as the front desk sets the tone for the visit. My room was okay, obviously not one that had been refurbished, but clean (if you don't count the damp towels left in the minifridge to defrost it). I didn't mind that, as I was early checking in. The beds were comfortable, the bathtub had rust stains, but I knew they were refurbishing when I made my reservation. The bar area is nice and the bartender very pleasant. Also, breakfast was good in the restaurant. The best thing about this hotel is that it is directly on the beach and has close proximity to the convention center and tourist areas. I would say here again. I would really give it a 3 and a half rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a fair review. We are very sorry that you had to wait for ten minutes in the lobby to check in. We have recently gone through a management change. Your feedback is very valuable, and we will use it to train our staff. When you come to see us again make sure to phone in and ask for our repeat guest rate.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Upon arrival, early arrival that is, I was first encountered with the typical standard hotel policy line, "unfortunately we do not have any rooms ready yet, check isn't for another couple hours." I understand, but it was 1pm...I would have taken the worst room in the house and been satisfied if only I at least saw the girl at the front desk take initiative to at least look to see if anything was ready rather than tell me the hotel policy. I manage hotels, I know the policies. I also know customer service and the front desk staff lacked in that department. This was definitely not the best hotel I have stayed at and to be completely honest, I really feel it should only be a 3 rating instead of 4. There is only one reason I am giving this property 4 stars instead of 3 and that is because during my stay, just walking down the hall a, what appeared to be housekeeping manager or supervisor (african american) on floor 2, greeted my girlfriend and I and joked around with us while he was halfway down the hall. I would have understand if he said hello with us being near him, but someone to go out of their way to acknowledge me from halfway down the hall in an extremely friendly manner was exactly what I needed. So all in all, the hotel was about a 3 star rating, cleanliness a 3 star rating, customer service a 3 star rating, location a 4 star rating. And like I said, if it wasn't for the nice housekeeping supervisor I would have only given 3 stars but again, managing hotels, I know how important the ratings on this site are so thank Mr. Unknown HK Guy for going above and beyond.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that you experienced a delay at check in time. We do our very best to accommodate guest's request and we are very sorry that we fell short on yours. I will pass on to Micheal that it was his kind words and his greeting that turned your stay around. Thanks again for the review and we hope that you take the time to try us out again.
Troy, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference a few hotels down the beach. Plaza Ocean Club was very convenient, ample parking, good internet (it worked fine the entire 5 day stay). Hotel was clean. The rooms all have angled outer walls so you have a great ocean view from pretty much anywhere in the building, with a balcony. That made for a nice quiet stay, in the "ocean sound drowns everything else out" sort of way. It was an off season trip, and the bar/restaurant wasn't open much, or very late, so didn't get to check that out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor, North side - so no direct sun coming in in the early morning. The north sid...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear that you had a great time. Next time when you book be sure to call the hotel directly to ask for our repeat guest rate.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I had a nice stay in florida. We would love stay here again! The Staff was great and the view of the beach was great!

We loved the fact that they made sure to take care of us! When we asked for directions they were very helpful and even suggested places to go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the positive feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club and I will pass along your comments to the staff. I always appreciate hearing feeback on our superior customer service becasue we strive to meet our guests' needs and that is what seperates us from the other hotels in the area.

Regards
Paul Herbert
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Back at the Plaza Ocean Club again recently, thought I would share...
Friendly service as usual, neat and clean room, spacious... and you can't beat the view -- amazing! The room we stayed in looked to have had a recently renovated bathroom area , gotta appreciate the updates...
See you all again soon....world's most famous beach!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. You are correct, the views from our semi-private balconies are the best on the beach and you can’t beat our location, walking distance to many restaurants and local attractions. The hotel strives to provide superior customer service and clean accommodations and I am pleased to read that we met your expectations. I look forward to your return stay.
Regards

Paul Herbert

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!