“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Troy, New York
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference a few hotels down the beach. Plaza Ocean Club was very convenient, ample parking, good internet (it worked fine the entire 5 day stay). Hotel was clean. The rooms all have angled outer walls so you have a great ocean view from pretty much anywhere in the building, with a balcony. That made for a nice quiet stay, in the "ocean sound drowns everything else out" sort of way. It was an off season trip, and the bar/restaurant wasn't open much, or very late, so didn't get to check that out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor, North side - so no direct sun coming in in the early morning. The north sid...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PlazaResortSpa, Public Relations Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear that you had a great time. Next time when you book be sure to call the hotel directly to ask for our repeat guest rate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I had a nice stay in florida. We would love stay here again! The Staff was great and the view of the beach was great!

We loved the fact that they made sure to take care of us! When we asked for directions they were very helpful and even suggested places to go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the positive feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club and I will pass along your comments to the staff. I always appreciate hearing feeback on our superior customer service becasue we strive to meet our guests' needs and that is what seperates us from the other hotels in the area.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Back at the Plaza Ocean Club again recently, thought I would share...
Friendly service as usual, neat and clean room, spacious... and you can't beat the view -- amazing! The room we stayed in looked to have had a recently renovated bathroom area , gotta appreciate the updates...
See you all again soon....world's most famous beach!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. You are correct, the views from our semi-private balconies are the best on the beach and you can’t beat our location, walking distance to many restaurants and local attractions. The hotel strives to provide superior customer service and clean accommodations and I am pleased to read that we met your expectations. I look forward to your return stay.

Silver Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I would like to take time to say Thank You to Jennifer,and Desirae. Wow what a team. My husband asked as his Christmas present to go out of town for a few days. I saw the ad for Plaza Ocean Club Hotel on Groupon - what a great value. Then I read some of the reviews and thought "Did I make a mistake? " I called the resort and spoke to Jennifer with my concerns she told me the problems had been solved. I asked her to help me with choosing a room for my special present to my husband. WoW - we were on the 11th floor - ocean front - what a view. The room was neat, clean and beautiful. Just what I had wanted. Desirae who managed the front desk was so personable and was able to answer any questions - with a smile , no matter how busy. Yes there is construction going on , but this is only updating this beautiful hotel.. All of the staff at this hotel were very friendly (even the outside contractors) . Ms Moe, the Guest Services Manager also made us feel very at home. Thanks again to the entire staff for making this a special trip for my husband and me.

Room Tip: Ask the staff at the hotel, they are honest and will help you with the best room available
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your positive feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. One of the best amenities the hotel has to offer is its central location, which is walking distance to world famous Main Street and Seabreeze Boulevard, offering many restaurants and attractions. The hotel just finished a renovation of the guest bathrooms and the feedback has been very positive. I will pass along your positive feedback to the front desk about their superior customer service. I look forward to your return visit the next time your travel brings you to the Daytona Beach area.

Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here and the staff was courtious and freindly they made us feel like family the room was beautiful ove r looking the Atlantic ocean with plenty of room for my family of 5. I would highly recommend the Plaza Ocean Club to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank your for the postive comments about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The mail goal we strive for here at the hotel is clean accommodations and superior customer service. We love read feedback from our guest about feeling at home and friendly staff. I look forward to your return stay. Again, thank you.

Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We all got a headache from sleeping due to bad air inside the room. There was construction stuff lying around, dusty carpeting on the floors, loud noises coming from construction drilling in the next room, strange odors, bad plumbing, rusted appliances ... the list goes on and on.

Just because of a Groupon deal, we tried this hotel. The staff was helpful but that was it. Never staying here again even for free.

Room Tip: I would pay more for a better hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The hotel tried to keep the dust and noise from the renovation to a minimum and not disrupt the guest experience but obviously feel short. The main part of the work is complete and I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so you can experience improvements we made to the hotel. The bathroom renovation and closets came out very nice and the new TVs and bedding really finishes of the room. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza Ocean Club again this year since we had such a good time last Christmas. As before, we had a wonderful time at the beach. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and it always nice to stay at hotel where everything is clean and well kept. To our surprise, the bathrooms had been redone and looked great. We enjoyed our ocean view breakfast each morning in the restaurant. Save us a room for next year. We will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a panoramic view of the Daytona Beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club and that guest bathroom renovation met your approval. The hotel has a lot of projects underway, which include renovation of the bathrooms, new flat panel TVs, lounge furniture and new refrigerators and microwaves for the guestrooms. Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that you will choose the Plaza Ocean Club the next time your travel needs bring you to our area.Regards.

Paul Herbert

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!