“Thanks for a Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Plaza Ocean Club Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   640 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Silver Springs, Florida
“Thanks for a Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I would like to take time to say Thank You to Jennifer,and Desirae. Wow what a team. My husband asked as his Christmas present to go out of town for a few days. I saw the ad for Plaza Ocean Club Hotel on Groupon - what a great value. Then I read some of the reviews and thought "Did I make a mistake? " I called the resort and spoke to Jennifer with my concerns she told me the problems had been solved. I asked her to help me with choosing a room for my special present to my husband. WoW - we were on the 11th floor - ocean front - what a view. The room was neat, clean and beautiful. Just what I had wanted. Desirae who managed the front desk was so personable and was able to answer any questions - with a smile , no matter how busy. Yes there is construction going on , but this is only updating this beautiful hotel.. All of the staff at this hotel were very friendly (even the outside contractors) . Ms Moe, the Guest Services Manager also made us feel very at home. Thanks again to the entire staff for making this a special trip for my husband and me.

Room Tip: Ask the staff at the hotel, they are honest and will help you with the best room available
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

I appreciate your positive feedback about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. One of the best amenities the hotel has to offer is its central location, which is walking distance to world famous Main Street and Seabreeze Boulevard, offering many restaurants and attractions. The hotel just finished a renovation of the guest bathrooms and the feedback has been very positive. I will pass along your positive feedback to the front desk about their superior customer service. I look forward to your return visit the next time your travel brings you to the Daytona Beach area.

Paul Herbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here and the staff was courtious and freindly they made us feel like family the room was beautiful ove r looking the Atlantic ocean with plenty of room for my family of 5. I would highly recommend the Plaza Ocean Club to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank your for the postive comments about your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The mail goal we strive for here at the hotel is clean accommodations and superior customer service. We love read feedback from our guest about feeling at home and friendly staff. I look forward to your return stay. Again, thank you.

Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We all got a headache from sleeping due to bad air inside the room. There was construction stuff lying around, dusty carpeting on the floors, loud noises coming from construction drilling in the next room, strange odors, bad plumbing, rusted appliances ... the list goes on and on.

Just because of a Groupon deal, we tried this hotel. The staff was helpful but that was it. Never staying here again even for free.

Room Tip: I would pay more for a better hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The hotel tried to keep the dust and noise from the renovation to a minimum and not disrupt the guest experience but obviously feel short. The main part of the work is complete and I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so you can experience improvements we made to the hotel. The bathroom renovation and closets came out very nice and the new TVs and bedding really finishes of the room. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza Ocean Club again this year since we had such a good time last Christmas. As before, we had a wonderful time at the beach. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and it always nice to stay at hotel where everything is clean and well kept. To our surprise, the bathrooms had been redone and looked great. We enjoyed our ocean view breakfast each morning in the restaurant. Save us a room for next year. We will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a panoramic view of the Daytona Beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club and that guest bathroom renovation met your approval. The hotel has a lot of projects underway, which include renovation of the bathrooms, new flat panel TVs, lounge furniture and new refrigerators and microwaves for the guestrooms. Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that you will choose the Plaza Ocean Club the next time your travel needs bring you to our area.Regards.

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I live in a college town and this hotel was similar to a frat house on a Sunday Morning.. GROSS! Service is great (Brittany specifically)! But that's IT!! My room was gross. Toilet seat had a brown stain on it that was wiped away.. How do you miss a poop stain? The shower was broken and there were dead bugs all over the shower. We were upgraded to the only room left which reaked of paint because it was "remodeled" Still not up to my standards (I do not have high standards, I just like it to be clean) Balcony was dirty with gum stuck to it. Luckily My boyfriend and I spent most of our time at his sister's house. Housekeeping was fine. Overall not impressed!! Also I work at hotel in Madison. The GM responds to EVERY trip advisor. I'm really disappointed, it seems that the GM doesn't care at all. Daytona in general seems to be a dying city anyways.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room without stains and dead bugs, a clean one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Please accept my appologies that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The hotel strives to provide excellent service and clean accommodations. I was dismayed that you were checked into a room that was not up to standards. I have passed along your comments to the Executive Housekeeper to look into your concerns and find out where we fell short. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to change your imprression of the hotel if your travel needs bring you to our area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

First, let me say that we got a great Groupon deal for this hotel. For the money, the location can't be beat. It's on a very popular and nice stretch of Daytona Beach - though beware it is the "drivable" part of the beach which can mean that it will get very crowded on holidays. The hotel is old and tired. The rooms need to be taken out and beaten like an old rug - they're musty, stale and worn out. The entire hotel has a feel that it's been rode hard by the Spring Breakers over the years. The bathrooms are outdated and messy and the floors just feel gritty with years of sand being tracked in. But, hey if you're just there for the beach and don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room.... did I mention the price and location?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PlazaResortSpa, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the feedback about your stay and your candid comments. The hotel is currently making many upgrades to the hotel, which includes updated bathrooms, new flat panel TVs and new microwave and refrigerators. These rooms are just now coming back online and look fantastic. I hope that you will give us another try if your travel needs bring you back to the Daytona Beach area so you can see first-hand the many upgrades to the hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We came in my in laws, my 18 month old and myself, for a 2 night stay. The place is older and it shows but was clean, however people were smoking on non smoking floors and in other non designated smoking areas, we had the air on and the room smelled like an ash tray and we were on a non smoking floor. I am surprised that the staff did not enforce the mom smoking area rules better and was even more surprised when staff members were smoking in non smoking areas as well. The young lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. I am honestly not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at the Plaza Ocean Club. The hotel strictly enforces the hotel’s non-smoking policy and the staff is trained to respond to any guest smoking on a non-smoking floor. I am sorry if there were lingering effects of the smoke that affected your stay. Thank you for the comment about the hotel being clean because the staff takes pride in delivering a clean room. We are addressing the rooms by currently undergoing many upgrades to the hotel, which includes updated bathrooms, new flat panel TVs and new microwave and refrigerators. These upgrades are making a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the guestrooms.

I hope you stay with us again if your travel needs bring you to the Daytona Beach area in the future.

Paul Herbert

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!