“LOVE THIS PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“LOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September of 2010 and was so pleased with everything we brought our family back! There were 9 of us total, 3 under the age of 7. The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. I sometimes think they knew what we needed before we asked! The rooms were great and they even had us in joining rooms which was awesome with my nephews! The close proximity to the beach, shops and boardwalk is also a plus. I would (and plan on) staying at the Plaza Ocean Club in the future and will HIGHLY reccommend it to others!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is perfectly located for both the beach and Daytona shopping, dining and attractions. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Wonderful location, excellent front office staff. Cheerful and welcoming. I love walking right out the door and feeling sand between my toes. We would definitely stay they again.

Kalamazoo,MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We spent two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was larger than average, plenty of space to move around. The room itself was quite clean, the bathroom could have used a little updating as it was not as fresh looking as other hotels I usually stay in. We were having an issue with our safe not working and someone came up to replace batteries in a very timely manner. However, we had to call twice about getting towels because housekeeping only left three in our room when we had four people. The first call went without a response, after the second towels were sent up right away.
The lobby and common areas of the hotel are very nice, however the elevator system is extremely slow. Also I've read some reviews about parking being an issue but we were able to park our car in an adjacent lot only a VERY short walk to the side entrance of the hotel. In fact we could see it from our blacony.
Overall we had a great experience, I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Very nice Hotel, they have great service at the front desk, pool and bar, not as good in the restaurant. Awesome views from the balconies and is not in a bad area, many stores and restaurant around. We stayed 5 days and will definitely go back again!!!

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The hotel was great. The front staff and bar staffwas friendly and helpful! The lunch food was WONDERFUL. Breakfast was awful, service was slow, and food was not good. (thought that was weird because lunch was so yummy) Drinks at the bar and tiki bar are great lots of choices! Room was clean. Bed was nice. Elevators are SLOOOOOOOOW so don't be in rush! Holiday weekend was great had a DJ and a BBQ pool side fun times. All and all i would give this place a two thumbs up!

Room Tip: ask for lower floor because elevator is so slow!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
POCManager, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I will pass your comments about the slow restaurant service and breakfast food quality onto the Chef so she can investigate and make changes if necessary. Again, thanks for the feedback.
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

For my 30th birthday me and my girlfriend decide to stay at this hotel on Daytona Beach. HUGE MISTAKE! First let me say the lobby smells bad theres only one elevator which is always packed to the max. So we get to are room and the first thing we notice how dirty and nasty the carpet and floors are and how the carpet is peeling up in certain areas and damage to walls and flooring. 2 am my girlfriend wakes me up and points to a roach on the ceiling above the bed so I kill it and then a larger roach crawls up the wall followed by a smaller one, kill them show them to front desk, she doesn't offer an apology or a room change. SIMPLY PUT WORST HOTEL STAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
POCManager, General Manager at Plaza Ocean Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
I am sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay. I want to thank you for your comments and I will share them with the executive staff. I checked the service logs for the past 45 days and could not find a posting about bugs but I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with so I can correct the issues. The hotel has a service contract with Orkin which will come out anytime there is an issue. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope that you give us the opportunity in the future to change your perception of the hotel.

Regards

Been to Plaza Ocean Club Hotel? Share your experiences!