“Nothing like the sound of waves through the night , a slight breeze and spectacular ocean views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village

Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

April 6th weekend 2009, my partner and I went to Daytona Beach and stayed at the Hilton Ocean Walk Village for my birthday getaway. It was a great location because it was at the center of everything for dining, entertainment, shops and beach front. April tends to still be a little chilly and cold but I'm a sucker for the beach so it didn't matter to me. We got a room with an ocean view right in front of the clock tower. The water was like sparkling jewels this weekend and the sky was absolutely clear and beautiful. I recommend leaving your sliding glass door open through out the night because the breeze and the sound of waves made it almost like heaven. Very relaxing!! One night we ordered in wings from a restaurant from the Ocean Walk and watched a great movie. Other nights you could dine at Bubba Gump which we've already done in past visits or enjoy nearby seafood restaurants or barbecue! Sometimes they have live bands outside in the courtyard where the clock tower locates. The only downside is that you do have to pay for parking...it is across the street and you have to walk across to the hotel. I believe it was like 10 dollars a day. The pool was great but we only enjoyed the jacuzzi because of the cool weather. The rooms itself was somewhat average, but very neat and clean with comfortable white sheets, fluffy pillows, and a tropical themed comforter..great classy bathroom! overall I enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I should have taken in all the little things people said about this hotel, as they all were true. The Cabana suite was nothing more than a room with a double bed and a pullout couch. I was under the impression that there were seperate sleeping quarters from the bathroom. You had to walk thru the area with the double beds to get to the bathroom. Absolutely no privacy for three adults. The price was $505 per night, we stayed 2 nights and the total was almost $1,200.00 with the additional fees. I shouldn't have assumed that the highest price would offer us the best. The room was outside the hotel, below all the rooms in the hotel and no access into the hotel except to walk a 1/4 of a mile into the main lobby. Had we had rain, we would have been soaked going anywhere out of the room. Upon arrival, seeing the room and smelling the room, I immediately asked to get a regular room. This was a non smoking room and smelled like a dirty ashtray. I was told they were full for the night and asked to be changed for the next night and pay for a regular room. I was told absolutely no refunds would be given to my c/c. The customer service was completely unacceptable. The room also had a continuous noise the entire stay. Similar to a boiler room and impossible to sleep. To get ice you had to deal with the walk to the main entrance and go to the 3rd floor. The vending machines on the 1st and 2nd were broken also. The in room coffee maker didn't work, the room offers no safe and we also expected a small fridge but they didn't provide that either! After 2 nights of this, we couldn't wait to check out! Don't go, it's not worth the money!!! I told the front desk I would be posting this if they didn't work with me on the 2nd night and they couldn't have cared less, so there it is.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Centralia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

best place to stay in daytona beach, access to the beach, ocean walk, and all the sites of the area

Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We have to agree with the last two posts. First and foremost the hotel staff was great. Very polite. But..The rooms were in dire need of an update. The bed was not your typical Hilton Bed . We have stayed at other Hilton's and the beds seemed extra "cushy". But we did not hear much noice from the other rooms. Granted we were on one of the top floors at the end of the hallway. So not much activity near that area. The bathroom was not the cleanest. Needless to say I placed towels on the floor. The coffee pot is a joke. And foam cups!? When you are on the beach and paying over $60 a night, please a real coffee pot and a real mug. That is not located in the bathroom. We really dislike the "bathroom" coffee pots. The tv was outdated.
The food was okay. I had a steak salad. The steak was tough. My husband had a pasta dish. It was a bit better. The staff in the Tower lounge was awesome.

Our wish was that Marriott had a beach front hotel. We would have stayed there instead.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights during Bike Week. The location is excellent: the beach at one side and Main Street with all its bike activities only a short walk away. We had a lovely large suite overlooking the ocean. The full moon on the water was wonderful. The bed and linens were very comfortable and we did not have any problems with water pressure or temperature in the shower.The Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse was offering a deal on Sundays that we couldn't refuse - soup or salad, specific entrees and a side dish for $20. The food and the service were first class. In fact we found staff bent over backwards to be of assistance. I had some issues at breakfast with being seated too far from the buffet table (walk with a cane) and my on-going battle to get Hilton to put decent toasters on their breakfast buffet. By our third breakfast the manager had saved a table for us next to the buffet and staff produced toast for me from the kitchen. There are some things that the hotel could improve. We would like a refrigerator in the room. We object to paying for WIFI, especially when it doesn't work all that well. Skype transmission was intermittent and we couldn't send e-mails out. The spa is only open for limited hours: 12 to 4 Tuesday to Friday and 11 to 5 on Saturday. I wanted a pedicure first thing in the morning so I could spend the rest of the day being a tourist, but it was not to be. Finally, nothing the hotel can do about it, but be warned, it is a long walk from one end to the other. This was our second year at Daytona for Bike Week. Last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn in south Daytona. Nice hotel but this one is closer to the action. Bike Week is worth the trip and we will probably stay at this Hilton again next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I've actually stayed here twice. Once in 2006 for a HS reunion, and the other for a b-day surprise because of the close proximity to a comedy show we were seeing. The rooms could use some freshening up. The tile in the bathroom needed replacing and updating. It's a large, solid hotel with lots of potential. They offer a great military rate, so we feel we are paying fair price, but I would not pay top dollar to stay here.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed here with several members of my family to celebrate my cousin Jackie's wedding. We had a fantastic room to invite some of them back to visit, and enjoyed our evening after the reception in a few of the restaurants & lounges in the hotel. Breakfast was fantastic, busy but the servers worked hard & the waffle maker was the bomb! I'm still looking for one to buy for home use :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village? Share your experiences!