“Great location...needs a bit of updating” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
“Great location...needs a bit of updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our family booked our vacation in November for the following June. I asked on several occasions about having a refrigerator and microwave in our room and was told they are complimentary and to ask about it upon check-in. We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 pm and our room was not ready. We were told that they have a limited number of refrigerators and microwaves and that none were available. Our name was placed on a waiting list. We were instructed to wait on some sofas until our room was ready and because the hotel was full and busy, it would take a bit to get the room ready. After traveling with two young children, we were exhausted and I was nearly in tears. I called my husband, who called the hotel manager. They got our room ready within an hour (an hour??!!) and we went upstairs. The bathroom had a small amount of mold growing in the crevices of the shower and there was some growing at the base of the tub. All I wanted to do was take a relaxing bath and start our vacation. I am not a complainer, but I did complain. The mold was never removed. So, 10 days and no relaxing bath. Also, the air vents in the room and bathroom were quite dirty. On day 5, we finally got a refrigerator. On day 7 we received a microwave. I was told repeatedly that the hotel is receiving a make-over in September, 2014. I sure hope it is... THEN, one day we decided to do the pool instead of the beach. We noted that the children's club had ongoing daily events at the 5th floor pool. We arrived 30 minutes before the first event, which started at 12:00 pm. At 12:20, the event had still not happened. I inquired at the children's club (located just inside the pool area) as to when the events would start. Approximately 10 children were waiting in the area. The attendant was playing on her phone in an empty club. She told me that they generally wait until someone asks for games. I told her that I was quite disappointed as to that rule and went back outside. About 30 minutes later, she appeared with a hula hoop and asked the kids to hula. They did. She handed them a rubber prize and went back inside the club. That was IT! We packed up our belongings and went to the beach. I called the hotel manager and was given the manager of the gift shop, who said that she was in charge of that area of the hotel (kid's club). She apologized and gave us an afternoon pass of 15% off at the gift store. Mind you...I already had that 15% because I booked with the hotel directly. So, we didn't bother. The next day, we went to the front desk to ask about something and I told the desk clerk about the kid's club mishap. She apologized and gave both of our kids a coupon for $10 in free merchandise at the gift shop. It was a nice gesture, but since there was nothing really for them there, we got a cheesy necklace and two small glass turtles and moved on. Of note, the gift shop has some beautiful clothing items for adults! I digress. Upon checking out, I was told to that if we ever return there, to ask the floor supervisor in housekeeping for a refrigerator. They keep one or two stashed away for emergencies/medications, etc. On a lighter note, the views are spectacular, the beach is amazing. There is a small amusement park right next door, a water park one block away and lots of cheesy t-shirt shops nearby. There was one that airbrushes your own design on shirts and hats that we particularly loved. Joe's Crab Shack is on the pier next door and is fun. We walked the pier one afternoon just as a gentleman caught a baby Great White shark. It was amazing!

Room Tip: Stay away from the north end as there is an ampitheater next door and the music can be quite loud...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good morning. Although we love the fact that you loved the views and the beach here along with several other nearby attractions we are disappointed to hear our hotel fell short of your expectations in some areas. Normal check-in time is 4:00 pm and if possible we do try to get guests into their rooms as quickly as possible, sometimes do to late check outs, we may experience delays and apologize for any inconvenience a guest may experience when this happens. Refrigerators and microwaves are provided to guests upon request and based on availability at no additional charge. Hearing about your experience in our kidszone club also disappoints us; we always hope that a child’s experience there will be a memorable fun time. Your review will be shared with our team. Thank you for your feedback.

Tom Manno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving there was a lot of congestion in the lobby area . I was told check in was at 4pm the room was not ready until almost 5pm. When entering the room it had a bad smell . I went to pull back the sheets on the bed and there was hair all over the sheets . I wasn't aware that this hotel was a convention center and there were hundreds of youth groups who were very unruley . I didn't want to complian because my husband had worked so hard to send me and my kids on trip and I didn't want to hurt his feelings . However upon returning home me and my children started seeing bite marks all over our legs, arms, and back . I am pretty sure they are bed bug bites . I am very disappointed in this hilton . I would not recommend this hotel .

• Stayed July 2014
Our location on The World’s Most Famous Beach during the busy months of summer can result in heavy volume during check-in and check-out times. Although normal check-in time is 4:00 pm sometimes due to late check-outs, we may experience delays and apologize for any inconvenience a guest may experience when this happens. Many different groups stay at our hotel for either events held here or at the Ocean Center across the street. The peacefulness of our hotel for all of our guests is always a top priority for us and we encourage our guests to give the front desk a call should the need ever arise. We would like to however state that any and all reports of any pests is not something we take lightly. Our hotel has strict guidelines that are followed as well as regular inspections and extermination procedures. We can assure you that no such
instances have been reported here. Thank you for your feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 Nights using points, found the hotel to be very worn. Upon arrival I had to circle the block twice looking for the self park, finally pulled into valet and asked - self park is across the street behind a BBQ place. the self lot was full so I had to wait a few minutes for someone to leave to find a spot. Checkin was busy but swift. The room was disappointing - dirty bathroom floor with hair all over it, filthy sitting chair and no mini fridge? Really at the beach and no fridges in the rooms? Noise level was also very high at night as an amusement park is right next door and you hear the screams from the slingshot and roller coaster til late.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
All reviews whether positive or otherwise are appreciated as it helps us to better focus on areas of our hotel a guest may think needs to be further addressed. Parking in any major city or high travel destination such as ours can be hectic especially at check-in or out times. We offer both self-parking and valet parking so a guest may choose which is more convenient for them. Our housekeeping staff adheres to strict guidelines daily; it is disappointing to hear that they did not meet your expectations. Refrigerators and microwaves are provided to guests upon request and based on availability at no additional charge. Information on our hotel and its location along with room descriptions is available on our website. We are located right next door to the Daytona Beach Boardwalk with its fun activities and amusements. Many people enjoy this view and the excitement of the patrons as they experience these rides. We do encourage guests who are not satisfied with the location of their room to check with the front desk to see if room upgrades are available. Thank you for your review and your picture.

Citrus Heights, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Really??? I know I'm just one buying unit here. But, to make us feel that unimportant??? Thanks, but no thanks!!! Try somewhere else! P.S. We were staying in one of the best rooms at this hotel and they still treated us very poorly. Guess if you get the standard room you could really be in trouble here!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Although we are pleased to hear you found the location of our hotel nice we are disappointed to hear that you felt unimportant during your stay with us. Our staff here loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible during their stay. If for some reason you did not feel this way during your stay, we apologize. Thank you for your feedback.

Plainfield, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a first floor cabana room. The room overall was pretty nice and was super convenient in and out to the boardwalk and beach without having to go through the hotel. It would have been nice if the first floor was about 5-8 feet higher so you could actually see the beach. The room was average but air vents in the bathroom were very dirty / moldy. Florida humidity can make it tough, but it should be possible to clean better and a little more is expected from Hilton. The boardwalk is really fun and lively but that also leads to a lot of late night noise coming into the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It’s so nice to hear you enjoyed the location of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and the convenience of our cabana room. Being located on The World’s Most Famous Beach gives our guests many options as far as activities, events and entertainment, which in turn may lead to some nights being louder than normal. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and will share this with our team. Thank you.

Tampa, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our 3 night stay in the Cabana Suite was amazing! The room was outstanding and convenient. We will most definitely stay at this location and that room again!! Well worth the money, I have ZERO complaints! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The facility and room is super clean and smells that way as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your review has made our day! To hear you had an amazing stay with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is exactly what we aim for. We’re glad you enjoyed your super clean Cabana Suite right on the beach along with our super friendly and helpful staff so much that you’re coming back. We look forward to your return visit with us.

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Fantastic experience at this hotel. I loved the Oceanfront room I had! The sliding doors opened to the sound of the surf with a view of the sand. The room was clean and neat, as was the bathroom. I ordered room service and it was delivered promptly and stayed quite hot. Although the Valet phone rang a long time at 5am, they picked up and my car was waiting when I got downstairs. Mostly, I loved being able to walk downstairs and be on the beach. I would highly recommend this location! The only drawback would be the sounds of revelry on the beach at 11pm at night with the sliding doors open.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We’re glad you loved your stay here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and we love your review. Nothing pleases us more than knowing we were able to share in someone’s fantastic experience. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. We hope that when you are in need of another clean accommodation with the relaxing sounds of the surf and awesome views you’ll be back for another stay with us.

Tom Manno

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village? Share your experiences!