“Some room for improvement but overall a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #43 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Some room for improvement but overall a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I arrived at the hotel very early at 9:30am and was fully prepared to wait until the afternoon to get a room but was pleasantly surprised when they gave us a room on the spot. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional.

We had an oceanview room on the 9th floor of the North Tower. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was surprised that the furniture was in need of a facelift, mainly the TV console/dresser and desk could have benefited from sanding and a coat of paint. This isn't a big deal for me, just something I am not accustomed to seeing in a Hilton property.

The crib was adorable and sturdy but very small. While it would have worked perfect for a newborn, it was too small for my 1 year old that is accustomed to sleeping on a pack n play. He had to sleep in bed with me which led me to having a sleepless night because I was afraid of him falling off the bed. I probably would have had trouble falling asleep due to a blinking light from the smoke detector that would come on about once every 45 seconds. Sadly we didn't noticed this until we turned off the lights to go to sleep and by then the kids were sleeping so I couldn't contact hotel staff to fix it.

The bathroom door lock didn't work but the door was misaligned with the door frame so with the amount of pushing and pulling needed to open and close the door I guess the lock wasn't really needed. The air conditioner worked well but I couldn't understand why I had to set the thermostat to 58 so the room could cool down to 72. At least we figured out that trick so we wouldn't be sweating at night.

I had placed a request for additional pillows and blankets when making our reservation online and despite having an e-mail confirmation for it those items were never delivered. I was too busy with a conference to call and complain so I made do without but was disappointed nonetheless.

The wifi was SLOW, so slow that I gave up and just used my cellphone's 4g for internet.

The grounds are very well maintained, the public spaces are very clean despite never seeing a custodial worker cleaning. The conference space was comfortable and nice.

There are lot of amenities at the hotel and it's location is the best on Daytona Beach. On site food options are very pricey, 2 non alcoholic beverages at their grab and go store came up to 8 dollars, the same ones came up to just over $4 across the street. The shops, theater and restaurants are literally next door on one side of the building while the amusement park is next door on the other side. Once you park won't really need a car again as there is so much within walking distance which is a good thing because self parking is a block away across the street. A slightly frustrating thing is that self parking was free with our room rate and we were supposed to exit the lot with our room key. But we had to return our room key at checkout so we had to show our hotel room receipt to the attendant so she could let us leave.

I really loved being able to get free late checkout for being a HHonors member. Our conference ended at 12:30 and I was able to avoid having to checkout early in the morning and have our luggage in storage. Instead I packed and checkout after the conference ended.

Overall we had a very pleasant experience at this hotel and would come again. Some of the other conference goers didn't have such good luck and needed to change rooms several times so I guess that luck plays a role on this

Room Tip: Avoid the north tower if you don't like walking
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed account of your experience at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We’re pleased that you had a positive experience overall and appreciated that you shared highlights of your trip. We do regret, however, if you experienced any issues with your accommodations and for missing the mark in regards to providing the extra linens you requested when placing your reservation. Guests are encouraged to reach out anytime their stay can be improved so that we may quickly resolve any concerns or answer any questions. We certainly hope to welcome you and your family back for another business or leisure stay soon.

1,204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Over all hotel was nice, location was perfect, staff was great. However Cabana rooms need a little more attention to, rooms smelled muskey, there were two univited guest found lounging on the sofia the next morning which was not a good feeling. (Roaches) For the price paid, I would have asked for some type of compensation if I would have had time, due to the event we were there for I did not feel like complaining. I probably would stay again however, I will be sure to infor the management of any issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is wonderful to read that our beachfront location, helpful staff and property overall were highlights of your visit. Daytona Beach is a warm southern climate with higher humidity where insects can be more prevalent. If there are any reports that are within our control, protocols and procedures are implemented immediately so guests may enjoy a comfortable stay. Although there are no reports on record, we will at minimum have our team investigate further and address as appropriate. It is unfortunate that we did not have the opportunity to look into your concern while you were here and create a better experience for you. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we certainly hope you do return for a future visit.
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was disgusting. There was dried blood on the sheets, grouting in the bathroom was moldy and black, there was pink sticky stuff on the TV remote, and the furniture was mauled by a dog or some animal. The room was what you would expect after being destroyed by spring breakers. Another issue that made sleeping difficult was the air conditioner was thumping all night like the base from a speaker. Check in was OK, but they tried to up-sell me to an ocean view for 50% more than what I paid for the room. A view of Daytona Beach is not worth $50! My wife and I were staying for only 1 night and just wanted a clean, safe place to stay. Be wary of the "resort fee" you get charged for each night you stay. This is just an excuse to charge you more for things all the other hotels in the area give you for free (ie internet access). Parking is a complete joke. They do not allow you to park on site, in a secure garage, unless you use valet parking - either way they charge for parking. The self parking is across the street and in a less than secure lot (unmanned at times). There are a lot of vagrants in the area, so leaving my car there did not give me a good feeling. I lived in Daytona Beach years ago and this hotel has passed through several different hands since. While the prices have gone up, the services and quality have declined. After this less than pleasant stay, I contacted Hilton with no response...not even a thank you for your comment. Hilton has made my "do not stay" list.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinions. We are disappointed to read that your stay did not exceed expectations or that there were any issues with your accommodations. Guests are encouraged to reach out to our staff with any concerns as it would be our pleasure to resolve anything standing in the way of a truly enjoyable visit. Our Resort Charge does feature in-room Wi-Fi, in addition to a complimentary appetizer a day, spa and gift shop discounts, free bike or board rentals and much more. Since we are located in a no-traffic area of Daytona where space is at a premium, we offer both off-site self-parking in a secure lot as well as on-site valet parking at rates comparable to those throughout the area. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll give us another try in the future.
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The valets--Derek especially and the bell staff--Steven Hastings especially were so welcoming and put us at immediate ease that we would have a wonderful stay.
The room is nice (DO NOT STAY ON A LOWER FLOOR IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE)! We were offered the choice of 4 or 11.....I stupidly decided closer to the ocean was better if I have an oceanfront room either way. We were directly above the bar and the partiers serenaded us long into the night--YUCK!
The restaurant was abysmal. Food cold, no check back from the wait staff, slow to bring check. NO FOLLOWUP AT ALL. When the hostess let our waiter know we were ready for the check, he looked at us and took two more orders before returning with our check.
The young man at the tiki bar was fun and friendly.
The cleanliness level was ok....I found a used a used makeup brush in the bathroom and they continued to move things from where I wanted them and the room didn't appear to have a thorough vacuuming in sometime. We wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Take as high a floor as you can get. Bar is on 2--do NOT take a lower floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
While we appreciate that you took the time to share highlights of your visit as well as the members of our staff that made your stay enjoyable, we are sorry to read it was not a completely positive experience. Guests that wish to enjoy some quiet time can certainly request a higher floor if they prefer, our front desk associates are happy to accommodate requests when availability allows. Our property is home to eight on-site dining options, however, we deeply regret if your experience at one of them missed the mark. We will be certain to share your comments with the entire dining team. Thank you for your input, we hope you’ll reconsider a future stay.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Don't hesitate to stay here. This was fantastic. Very clean, great staff, EXCELLENT location. Even if you never leave the hotel, they have everything covered with valet parking, restaurants, pools and even a gift shop. The view from our room was breathtaking.

Room Tip: Be sure to get an Ocean View.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed such a pleasant visit to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Our property, comprised of two towers, includes everything guests need while they are here including multiple pools, eight dining options, the Spa at Hilton, D-Dawg’s Kidszone and more. Thank you for your review and mention of our central location and views. Please come back again soon!
Orlando, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food service was unprepared and slow, food tasted stale, conditioner in the room is worse than $.99 conditioner, left hair a tangled mess. Overall, a bad experience though a clean hotel. If you are just there for the closeness to the beach, there are better hotels. If you have to stay for business purposes, make sure you bring your own shampoo and conditioner and go elsewhere for food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is truly disappointing to read that your recent stay missed the mark. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll give us another try in the future.
Plymouth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here as part of a wedding block in June this past year and it was probably one of the most disappointing stays that we have had at a hotel in the past few years. Having stayed in hotels (many Hiltons, too) across the US and world - this property has issues. It's very conveniently located on the beach - which is its one plus! and also conveniently located to get to things on the main street / thoroughfare - but the praise ends there. While we were there they were hosting a church retreat/group from who knows where and there were several unsupervised kids roaming the hallways and also yelling out the windows at all times of the day and night. I called to ask about the room next door to ours and they, of course, did not ask if they could move us (as quite frankly, I don't think there was a room available to move us to) and instead just said that they would send someone up. When we called a second time, they informed me that some of the kids were in rooms by themselves (and when I say kids these were 12 - 14 year old kids) and only one chaperone per floor. I cannot imagine why a hotel would welcome this type of unsupervised set-up when they had several other guests that were not a part of this group that they needed to accommodate throughout the hotel. It would be different if the group had bought out the entire place for the weekend. I called for a 3rd time when they were banging on our walls so early and so loudly that the noise was unbearable and ridiculous. I asked to speak to the manager and he explained that they were soon leaving the property and that everyone was happy to see them go and "at least they weren't cooking a meth lab next door" - which I think is REALLY inappropriate. I debated about writing the Hilton CEO a letter about this ridiculous stay at their property and also about the manager's really inappropriate response to my complaint - instead I think it's best for the general public and those considering staying at this property to realize that this place has seen its better days and that the management and property are not up to Hilton standards. As a Hilton Honors member, I am ashamed that the property was this poor. I will vow only to stay at Marriot properties going forward as a result of this terrible and awful experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. While we are glad you found our beachfront location enjoyable, we are truly saddened that your stay did not exceed expectations. We extend our deepest apologies that neighboring noise was such a disturbance, however, we respectfully object to the portion of your review that claims our management team does not employ the highest level of respect and kindness when speaking to or about our valued guests. We appreciate reading your feedback and truly hope that you’ll give our property another chance in the future as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village? Share your experiences!