“Hilton Daytona Beach, FL” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Great Value Midweek!
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Delray Beach, Florida
“Hilton Daytona Beach, FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is clean, and comfortable. The bed mattress is firm and provided a restful night's sleep. It's great that there is a regular complete bathroom plus another sink, mirror and counter top area outside the bathroom. I This feature made the room very accommodating for sharing with a roommate at the Sweet Adelines Convention. The restaurants are good. A little on the high priced side, but that's the way it goes. I was there for two nights. Too bad the weather didn't allow for walking on the beach. There just happened to be a huge wind and low temperatures that weekend. Kudos to the hotel. My only negative is that I wasn't asked if I was a Hilton Honors member. I am. Because I wasn't asked at check-in, I have to follow up with HIlton to make sure I get points for my stay. It's the perfect hotel for the Sweet Adelines Convention. Great choice!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean have a spectacular view! I was on the fourth floor and I it was lovely. I wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We love reading about how much you enjoyed your time at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. It was truly a delight to welcome you for a recent conference stay and appreciate your mention of our well-appointed rooms, on-site restaurants and more. Thank you for your review and continued loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member. We are sorry that we missed the opportunity to ask you, please don’t hesitate to let our front desk associates know during your next visit which we hope is very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my 38th! It was a very nice enjoyable night. There were a few things going on there and it was full and busy. Check in went smooth and the clerk was nice enough to print directions to a restaurant for me. We got a room (in the North Tower over-looking the roof) that was a bit tacky but we had no issues otherwise. Valet was a bit busy and they suggested we call 10 minutes ahead so we did and advised them that we were picking up our car in the North Tower, well we still ended up waiting for about 15 minutes once we got downstairs. Fortunately, our dinner reservation was pretty close by and arrived within our alotted late arrival time. Our dinner at The Chart House was AWESOME! We had let them know it was for a birthday so they wrote Happy Birthday on the menu, which was nice. We both had the filet mignon with mash and it was perfect, the chocolate cake was yummy. I have no complaints and would definitely eat there again. We went back to the hotel, took a nap (we were stuffed) and then walked around the area, had a few drinks at the Wing House while we watched the Mayweather vs Guerrero fight and then ended the night at The MaiTai Bar with some more drinks. Lots to do in the area. We had a great nights sleep, comforable beds, and no noise. Overall, I would definitely recommend The Hilton Daytona and would stay there again.

Room Tip: North tower gives you a view of a roof :/
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Birthday from all of us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort! We’re delighted that your stay was a convenience and comfortable part of your celebration, putting you in the heart of Daytona. It was our pleasure to welcome you and hope to do so again in the near future. Thank you for your review.
Yaphank, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights in March, and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is in a great location. Great service and good food, right in the center of everything. Cars can not drive right in front of the hotel, which is a great thing, it keeps the area quiet. We had a room facing the ocean with a beautiful view to wake up to.

Room Tip: Definitly book an oceanview room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed a relaxing beach getaway at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort! We’re so glad you found our location, in a no-traffic area of Daytona, ideal for your stay. Your kind mentions of our staff and additional highlights of your visit are greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to the World’s Most Famous Beach!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was not the Hilton exerience I have come to expect. It was a rainy weekend and the hotel had too any leaks! Also, the restaurants were not prepared for our conference crowd. It took so long to get my food I couldn't eat it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are deeply disappointed to learn that your recent stay did not exceed the high expectations guests have come to expect from our brand, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience. We’re currently completing a number of upgrades to guest rooms and public areas ensuring that we continue to provide guests with some of the best accommodations available in Daytona. Your feedback will be shared with our management team in an effort to continually improve upon the service we offer. Thank you for your input, we hope to see you again in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed one night passing through Daytona Beach during our vacation in Florida. When we first arrived the valet parking crew was fast and we were in the lobby in less that five minutes. The lobby and area with the restaurants and spa are very nice. The lady that check us in showed us a card we could purchase for $10 that gave us one free appetiser a day in the sports bar and 15% off spa treatments. We bought the card and booked massages for both of us. It was raining when we arrived and we noticed that there was a leak in the hallway from the ceiling near the restaurants. They had cones around it and a wet floor sign. We were on the tenth floor of the tower furthest away from the main lobby. The hallway on the tenth floor was very drab and looked like it hadn't been remodelled since the 1980s. I have stayed in a few Hilton Hotels over the years and our room did not look like any Hilton room I have ever been in. Like the hallway the room was very drab and shabby. The carpet was somewhat worn and and on a whole the room was not even close to the quality it should have been at Hilton prices. The bathroom was smaller that any Hilton bathroom I have seen and the bathtub was a bit worn and needed a proper elbow-scrub cleaning. The best part of the hotel was the spa. The pool and gym were great and our massages were very relaxing. The spa is the best part of the hotel and it is truly the only 5-star part of the entire complex. We went down to the restaurant area to get a light snack and noticed that there were water leaks in two other spots in the main hallway near the lobby with the cones and wet floor signs. We went down to the sports bar and a very bored waiter took our drink and appetiser order. He seemed annoyed that we were using our card to get the free appetiser. He brought our drinks and appetisers to our table and then disappeared for about 20 minutes. The food was average at best, more like cheap bar food than a high price bar at the Hilton. The waiter came back to the table and quickly asked if we needed anything else. I asked for the check and paid and we left the sports bar. I can't see that this waiter makes any money with the poor interpersonal skills he displayed...or maybe he just had a bad day. The next morning we had room-service from a very nice lady who brought the food in. The food was again average at best. The total for the two breakfasts was $34 dollars...so I was surprised that the bill said $50. They charged a service fee that is normal, but they also added a "resort fee"...huh?? The worst part of the stay was the shower in the tub. I turned it on and it was clogged. My shower was about two minutes as the tub filled quickly. My girlfriend also had a quick shower. The sinks also were clogged making shaving and other morning bathroom stuff very difficult. We went down to check out and told the lady about the clogged pipes. She took $10 off our bill. The valet service had our car ready in about ten minutes and we were on our way. We will not stay at this hotel again unless we see reviews or an announcement that the leaks in the roof have been fixed and the rooms are remodelled to Hilton standard. I would give the hotel a total of 2-stars...but our spa experience barely brings it up to 3-stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your spa experience, however, we are truly sorry if other aspects of your stay did not exceed your expectations. We are currently working to complete extensive renovations to our guest room and public space that will bring enhanced amenities to our valued guests, ensuring they continue to experience the very best accommodations we can provide. We appreciate your helpful feedback regarding your dining experience and will pass these comments along to the team. Please come back in the future to enjoy all of the refreshes and updates to our property.
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I came up here for a work conference & was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. The parking isn't great - it's either valet ($12) or across the street. It was pouring rain, so I opted for the valet. The valets looked nice in their uniforms & were very pleasant & cheerful.

The Grand Ballroom is huge - we fit about 450 people in with room to spare. It was a bit chilly, but not as bad as other conference halls I've been in. Lunch was delicious. I didn't expect much from an Italian buffet, but it was yummy & there was lots of food!

The check in process was a bit slow, however there was a new person working the desk, so that's to be expected. The Hilton Honors line was VERY slow, though, which is NOT to be expected. Fortunately the front desk manager came out & helped speed the line along. Kudos to him!

The staff was friendly, cheerful & helpful everywhere. The room was clean & neat & I loved the "power spray" option I the shower! We slept with the "balcony"door open to hear the surf & it was nice. I only wish there was a balcony to sit on (I was in the South Tower). But you can't have everything.

The bed was a bit hard & I wish there were foam pillows in the room rather than feather. I woke with a sore back & neck from the bed & pillows - not fun. That is really the only complaint, though.

It was raining the entire 2 days & there were many leaks throughout the hotel, which surprised me, but they were cordoned off & well placarded.

Overall a nice hotel. I would stay here again & recommend it to others.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The location is great, with a gorgeous view. Unfortunately, my bathroom was absolutwly disgusting. There was hair everywhere and sand from the beach. In-room dining took more than an hour for breakfast, when they quoted me only 20 minutes. And then it was absurdly expensive, with an added service charge as well. The Hyde Park restaurant was a little overrated. My steak was not that great and service was very unattentive. However, the bartender was very knowledgeable and had great suggestions. The valet staff was very friendly and provided great service. The room was a little outdated but comfortable to sleep in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is great to read that you enjoyed the beautiful, beachfront location of our hotel as well as the expansive views of the sand and sun! We are sorry, however, if your overall stay fell short of your expectations. Your helpful comments will be shared with our housekeeping and dining teams to ensure the service we offer our guests is on point. Thank you for your feedback and the kind compliments you extended to members of our team that assisted you, we certainly hope you’ll come back for another visit in the future.

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village? Share your experiences!