“Stunning hotel, coming back in two weeks!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Stunning hotel, coming back in two weeks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I originally stayed at the Hitlon Daytona Beach/Ocean Walk Village close to a year ago.
This hotel was recommended by the curators of the Peabody Auditorium where I was invited to exhibit my photographic work, and I am so pleased they did so.
From the grand reception, to the constant smiles, more than helpful staff, comfortable rooms, but most of all: being on the world's most famous beach.
I hired a car on two occasions, parking was never an issue, the guys at the valet parking were always available and quick to boot.
Their sport's bar was a great place to unwind from my photo trips and grab a quick snack, tried their "posh" restaurant, loved the food although it was a bit pricey.
The hotel's business center's staff was VERY helpful, I had to send a few items back home in England.
Very hard to find negatives in that place, the only thing I will say is that some parts of the hotel looked very dated compared to others, walking around the hotel and it is very noticeable which is a great shame.
But that's not enough to stop me coming back, in fact I am bringing my partner this time for a relaxing break and we're very much looking forward to it.

W. Schreder

Room Tip: Highly recommend ocean facing rooms from the 3rd floor up
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
While it was business that brought you to The World's Most Famous Beach, we're glad that you got to enjoy a leisurely stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Your kind words about the various members of our team that helped make your time with us memorable are greatly appreciated and will be shared. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to having that honor again in the very near future, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently stayed here for my daughter's dance competition and paid $149 a night PLUS parking (and that was a discounted rate). You had to pay $10/day extra just to have a mini refrigerator in your room. NO FREE WIFI! The rooms are average to say the least and definitely not worth the money! Sure it's a convenient location but I rather drive a little to my destination and pay less and get more for my money!

Room Tip: If you can, stay at another hotel or bring a cooler to keep your food cool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
It is important that guests consider us a value, so it is disheartening to read your feedback. Our room and parking rates are comparable to the area and include various amenities for the enjoyment and convenience of our guests. Internet access, while available in-room for a nominal fee, is free in our lobbies and public spaces. We also have a number of special offers on our site throughout the year for guests looking to save even more on their stay. We hope you'll check those out and consider a return stay with us in the future, thank you.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The good:
Location: right on the beach near good restaurants and shopping.
Plenty of poolside bars and good restaurants.
Valet parking is reasonably priced and quick.
Good service and staff.
The steak restaurant is very good.
The upper pool bar mixes some great drinks.
Price: $112 per night - very good.

The bad:
Not much to complain about.
Don't stay in the bottom level suites that walk out onto the beach: mosquitoes and sand.
The breakfast restaurant is just ok.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the bottom (beach level) suites as you'll track in sand and you'll be atta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your list as it allows us to learn more about our guests, their experiences and any areas that may need our attention. It's great that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including our location, staff and Hype Park Prime Steakhouse. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wow, where to start. We have traveled to Daytona for a convention nearly every year for the past 5 years, this was the first year we stayed in the Hilton. For the most expensive lodgings by far, I expected a luxury experience. Boy was I wrong! I'm sure you can find luxury at this hotel if you're willing to be nickeled and dimed at every turn. If you don't cough up for valet parking, you still have to pay extra to park your car a block down the road and across the street in an awful uncovered, overcrowded parking pit. Wifi? Extra charge. Breakfast? $$$. No balcony- anywhere. The pool is tiny. The vending machines don't work.

But nothing prepared me for the next part, a first in my Daytona experience.... The extra room guests. Roaches. And ants. We managed to kill one that dropped down from the ceiling. The next day a stream of ants carried off pieces of it. When we complained, the girl at the desk agreed it was gross but offered no compensation. Never again! Believe me, there are much nicer, cheaper places to stay right down the road. Places that let you park in a covered area right there in the building at no extra charge, have nice pools and balconies and free wifi and most of all aren't infested with Roaches.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize that your recent stay was not a more positive experience. Daytona Beach is a warm southern climate with higher humidity and insects can be more prevalent. If there are any reports that are within our control, protocols and procedures are implemented immediately so guests may enjoy a comfortable stay. Although there are no reports on record, we will at minimum have our team investigate further and address as appropriate. It is unfortunate that we did not have the opportunity to investigate your concern while you were here and create a better experience for you. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed in Hilton's in New York, L.A., and most other major cities, and they have been more than accomodating. But I must say, the Hilton in Daytona Beach need to be updated. It smells of mildew, and when I complained about this, the staff said it was 'to be expected,' because they were on the ocean.... Seriously? The rooms were subpar and the valet 'couldn't find' my car to the point where he was thinking I was mistaken about where I parked and I was thinking it was stolen. For that I could've stayed in a $32 a night roach motel.

Very disappointed, Hilton...

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront, this is the redeeming factor of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
The feedback our guests provide is incredibly valuable to us, so thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. We regret that you found your stay with us disappointing and would like to clarify that we are working to complete a number of extensive upgrades throughout our resort, from our guest rooms to our hallways to additions to our lobbies. While we are glad there was no issue with your vehicle, please accept our apologies for any confusion. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a future visit so that we may change your impression.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Valet parking is $19 and self parking is $12, the self parking is a bit of a walk and depending on what time you go it maybe hard to find a parking spot this was ridiculous so we ended up having to use valet our second night. The lobby is nice, very good feel when you walk in, only problem is I think they were having a problem with the air conditioning because it was very hot inside. We had three rooms, two ocean view and one city view. I was a bit surprised walking into our room, it was not as clean as it could have been, the bathroom was gross, floor was dirty and the shower curtain on the bottom had black on it, mold maybe? I don't know but there were stains all over the walls in the bathroom in various places. The shower head was also gross with rust and green around it! The carpet was clean thank God! And after taking off the out of date cheesy looking comforters the bed sheets were clean. One of the other rooms we had facing the ocean was missing a doorknob in the bathroom from the inside so unless you wanted to get locked inside you could not fully shut the bathroom door. What I didn't like about the balconies is that it was a foot wide! Listen we are at the beach you should atleast be able to sit outside the balcony and enjoy! The beds were comfy as we're the pillows. I didn't like that the pool on the fifth floor was small and for a hotel of this size the main pool was small as well and what a trek it is to get to the pool and the beach for that matter! We were in the north tower and we had to walk all the way thru the hotel lugging beach chairs, coolers etc. just a pain to get to the beach. For a Hilton I expect more and if this is what the Hilton looked like I would hate to see what the other hotels along the beach are like because I expected the Hilton to be top notch. I don't really think I will stay at this hotel again because of the bathroom and the inconvenience of getting to the beach and lack of the pool area. I will take my chances somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
While we're glad you enjoyed our lobby and found our Hilton Serenity beds comfortable, we regret that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. It is disappointing to read of the numerous issues you detailed in your review. Your comments are being looked into further by our housekeeping staff; however, we wish we were aware of them during your time with us as we would have been happy to resolve any issue standing in the way of a more enjoyable stay. It is important to note that our parking rates are comparable to others in the area as Daytona Beach parking is at a premium. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to impress you during a future stay.
Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our second stay at this property, and enjoyed it very much. I was there on business/conference, and they have everything you need. From the high end steak house, Hyde Park, to a great sports bar. It's convienent to most things, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I wanted to check in early, and they were very good at getting a room cleaned to allow me to do so. Will stay there again when in Daytona.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Our goal is to provide everything our guests traveling for business or leisure need for a fantastic stay. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and had a pleasant experience with our staff and at our on-site restaurants. We hope you found our location just steps from the Ocean Center and other convention sites throughout Daytona to be convenient. Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to seeing you again for another stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort.

Been to Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village? Share your experiences!